1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The EC Workout Thread: Shared Motivation

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Tracy Lord, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    On a positive note, I shook up my exercise routine. (I can't bring myself to call it a "workout". I don't know why.) Instead of doing WiiFit every morning, I started a walking-jogging trek over to the local park, doing a lap around the perimeter, and then coming back. After three days, I kicked it up to two laps. It's 1.5 miles around, and roughly a mile to and from, so that's five miles or so. Right now I'm up to about a 2:1 ration of walking-to-jogging, and increasing that jogging part slightly each time.

On a negative note, I weighed myself after completing the week...and saw I gained four pounds. Yes, yes, I know - "it's muscle, Lex". Well, maybe a bit, but that trip to the German restaurant for dinner tonight probably wasn't the brightest move. :slight_smile:

Lex

2. KaraBulut

Scales lie. Tape measures don't.

Take that as you will. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. zeratul

zeratul Guest

Ok now I need to gain a few pounds of fat for basic body functions because i think kept dropping in fat as I maintained my workout and keeping fit routine and now its too low, below the recommended healthy %.

I've been eating carbs and fatty foods. But its not working. What should I eat?

4. KaraBulut

Have you done a calculation to see how many total calories you're taking in?

5. Dykezz

Today I went for the first time to a step aerobic class. It was a great workout!
    Then I did some weight training for about 20 minutes.

6. zeratul

zeratul Guest

Hey EC.

I believe I've hit the plateau. Advice?

7. Kidd

Kidd Guest

I'm so proud of myself. I ran 18 miles last week and I'm trying to hit that mark again this week, but we'll see...

8. Daisy1

Just discovered I've gained 5 pounds since starting school, so I guess I'll be a regular on this thread for a while. (Stupid beer.) Did a warm-up run and then some weight training this morning.

9. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Same. I believe switching up your routine, increasing some of the weights, etc, helps, but idk I need to research this myself. ^^

10. Dykezz

Went to spinning class today. Good workout! :icon_bigg

11. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    2 hour workout yesterday and I'm feeling it today

12. Siesta

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Well I just got through walking my mile for today and i feel great ^^

13. maverick

Yesterday I took an hour of Zumba on my lunch break, then last night I went to the gym and walked uphill on the treadmill for an hour.

I got in an hour of yoga on my lunch break today, then walked uphill 1.5 miles at the gym on the treadmill tonight!

(!)

14. Emberstone

two tips on hitting a level you cant seem to move beyond.

there is benifit to taking two week breaks off of weight lifting every once in a while. your muscle can 'harden' as you work them out, which can be a reason, coupled with a regular routine that your body has adapted to, in why you dont seem to get anywhere after a while. switching to cardio only to keep your activity levels up, then coming back after two weeks of no lifting to start a new routine (switching between freeweights and machines is a good way to ensure your body is not adapted), and you will have allowed your muscle to adapt to not being worked out, soften a bit, then it will jumpstart your gains right away.

A break from weight lifting every 3-4 months can go a long way.

15. Danny19

Well ive been working out hard lately and ive been getting compliment that i look like im losing weight. yey me!. lol. even though its not much its something. so now i wanna workout more and more..lol

16. Dykezz

That's awesome Danny!!

Did some cardio and weight training today.

17. kem

kem

Eww. Cold weather is messing up my plans... Any advice on what to wear when exercising (cycling, jogging/running) in about 10-0 degrees celsius (50-32 F)?
    Oh, and is it bad that my heart rate jumps very fast to +180?

18. miguelm

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hopefully u can help me :icon_bigg

19. Kanen

Whatever happened to this thread?

Anyways, I've decided to start working out again. I've always been overweight - no, stop lying, obese - and its cause a lot of problems for my self-image, and finally I just got fed up with it. I'm asthmatic, so a lot of intense exercise has always been hard for me. Recently though i started riding this eliptical bike my Mom bought years ago, and when it warms up a bit more I'll start running again - despite my asthma, I do enjoy running. My main concern at the moment is that I really won't be putting much strength training in - I live in a fairly small town and we really don't have a gym to go lift weights at. I'm wondering if i really do need to put in strength training, and if so are there any tips you guys could suggest that wouldn't require me finding a gym?

Yeah, this really makes no sense, but I felt like reviving an old but relevant thread. Hopefully I can stick with this.

#139 Kanen, Dec 20, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2011
  20. IanGallagher

Regularly work out three times a week. Have a trainer too which seems to be helping. Seems I need constant words of encouragement to keep going lol. And everyone says I've been making progress. Which is beyond fucking awesome to hear.

On another note, I find it funny how 'gay' or 'bi' days rarely strike if ever at the gym and it's more just my 'straight' side coming out - tons of hot girls around, which helps lol. For some reason I thought it'd be the opposite of that there.