1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The EC Workout Thread: Shared Motivation

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Tracy Lord, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Rikudo

Terrible day all throughout the workout just sloppy as hell.

2. Foxywolf

Went for a run with my friend, have no idea how long for. Maybe 40 minutes ish. Then afterwards went for a thirty minute bike ride. I am going to do curl ups later, I try to do 80 a day. I don't do anything for my arms. I don't really care if i have skinny wimpy arms.

3. Tracy Lord

Way to go, Dustyn! :eusa_clap

4. Foxywolf

Today I decided to do something a little different. I biked out for forty minutes with my rollerblading stuff in a backpack. Then I stopped and locked my bike and my backpack to tall a metal pole. Then I roller bladed for about 30 minutes (15 out and 15 back) and then I biked the 40 minutes back. It was quite fun actually!
    I will do my 80 crunches later.

5. Danny19

have any of you heard of the freshman 15? man that happened to me but i feel like freshman 30. 15 a semester... smh -_-

6. Tracy Lord

Nice! Getting out of the gym when the weather is good is the best.

Made it to yoga this morning. Great way to start off the week! Tomorrow I hope to get to the park before it gets hot for some sprint drills and burpees (best exercise name ever): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burpee_(exercise)

---------- Post added 3rd Jul 2011 at 12:48 PM ----------

Don't fear, Danny. You got this, man....

7. Tracy Lord

Diet: going pretty good; have gotten rid of the slight beer belly that was developing. It wasn't much, just enough to motivate me to get rid of it...

So, no beer. And my diets generally consists of good things like smoothies (strawberries, banana, OJ, honey, yogurt and protein powder) and bowls of yogurt/honey/granola. Love yogurt! lol

And I've probably eaten sushi, like, four times in the last couple of weeks. Totally have a craving for that for some reason. Had pizza on a cheat night and just had some Cheez-Its by the pool, but I'm doing pretty good, yet still enjoying what I'm eating.

8. Camman3

Jeez... working hard there hey dude:eusa_clap

Finally had a very positive gym session - first one in a long time after crippling weeks of sickness. SOO amped to do more and eat healthy again!!(!)

9. Danny19

[/COLOR]
    Don't fear, Danny. You got this, man....[/QUOTE]

thanks.. hopefully i do well...

10. Tracy Lord

Yoga this morning!

I was actually still sore from Sunday. Believe it or not, yoga can actually be fairly intense...

11. Rikudo

Oh the 8th week of my college workout and on the 4th week of the 4 week cycles(Heaviest).

Bench:6x135,185,195,215,245,250x8,6,3,1
    Power Clean:5x115,135,155,165,180x4,3,2,1
    Cable Crunches: 3x130x15
    Side Cable Pulls: 3x130,150,200x10
    Hanging Knee Raises: 3x20

Jogged for 60 minutes.

12. Tracy Lord

A little motivation:

13. Rikudo

Today was an agility day so it was plometrics and position running for football.

14. Owl47

Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm curious to know about something if anyone has any clue as to what it is, or has had something similar.

Recently, the center of my chest has been sore/hurting a great amount. I know the difference between "bad pain" and "good pain," but this seems to be a mix of the two, though more like "good pain."

This begin to occur after a heavy chest workout and went away after a day of rest then came back again after a bicep/ab workout. Just curious to know if it's something worth worrying about or if I can just wait it out/continue working out like normal.

15. Rikudo

Completed the second 4 week cycle today (week 8).

Squat: 5x135,205,230,275,315x8,4,3,1
    RDL: 1x275x6
    Upright Rows: 2x105,110x10
    Weighted Side Bends: 3x50x30

Jogged for 60min.

Today marked for the fist time since my injury that I've managed to squat over 300lbs. Still about half of my old leg strength but it's a good sign that my strength is returning. Hopefully I'll be able to get to/over 400lbs when I leave for football camp in August.

16. Tracy Lord

>Today marked for the fist time since my injury that I've managed to squat over 300lbs.

Nice! Congrats, man....

17. Camman3

Will complete the last workout later of my second week of gym since my bout of sickness - feeling much mrore powerful again! Body is getting back into things at last.

@Rikudo what is the reason for the length of time you need to jog for? 60 minutes seems overkill. Was chatting to my cousin - she's studying her honours in Sports Science now - and she said any jogging/running for the purpose of fitness in excess of 30/max 40 minutes becomes unhealthy because the body starts releasing cortisol (stress hormone). This breaks down muscle.... Doesnt benefit your body after all that hard work in the gym. Also, jogging on the same day as heavy weight training seems overkill, too. Just wondering??? Would love to know.

18. Rikudo

Hmm I hadn't known that but that's what I've just gone with starting with 30 minutes then slowly moved up. I've always done cardio work on all days regardless of weight days. However I'm stating at 60 minutes for endurance purposes.

Bench:5x135,185,190,195x10,8
    DB Incline Bench:3x65x10
    DB Standing Press:3x40,45x8
    Dips:3x10
    Lateral Raises:3x30x10
    Front Raises:3x30x10
    Close Grip Bench:4x135x10
    Side Leg Raises:3x15
    Decline Sit-ups:3x20
    Cable Side Pulls:3x130,150,200x10

Jogged for 60 mins.

Today would be week 9 and a lighter more reps week. Coming back from a heavy week I was stiff. However overall it was a good work out.

19. Tracy Lord

Had to work all weekend so I missed yoga yesterday. Missed it again this morning because I was still exhausted. None of which puts me in a very good mood....

20. ijustdontknow90

Rikudo, you are obviously way more experienced at lifting than I am, so I had a question for you. I've always had a lot of trouble developing my chest. It just lags behind the rest of my body, which is especially unfortunate because my hips are kind of wide, so I need to widen my upper body to compensate somewhat. (Leg workouts, especially squats, come so easily to me, but since they only widen the appearance of my hips, I actually to have to stop myself from doing them, usually only once every other week.) Anyway, here is my current workout for chest:

Warm up: 15 pushups
    Incline bench: 4 sets of 12, 10, 8, 6 (maxing out at about 70 kilos now) (first set warmup)
    Flat bench: 4 sets of 12, 10, 8, 6 (maxing out at about 70 kilos also) (first set warmup)
    Incline dumbbell bench: 3 sets of 10, 8 ,6
    Flat bench dumbbell flys: 3 sets of 12, 10, 8
    Dips: 3 sets of whatever I can do
    3 sets of that machine where you sit and your arms are at 90 degree angles and you essentially do flys, but not complete ones: 10, 8, 6

I've tried so many different combinations, but every time, I increase the weight for about 3-4 weeks, and then I get stuck. Should I be changing up the workout every couple weeks?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.