1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The EC Workout Thread: Shared Motivation

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Tracy Lord, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Rikudo

Power Clean:5x115,135x5,6
    Front Squat:3x135x10
    DB Curls:4x30x10
    RDL:3x205x10
    Pull-Downs:3x120,130,140x10
    Cable Rows:3x120,130,150x10
    Weighted Side Bends:3x50x20

Jogged for 30min.

2. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Rikudo I have no idea what those numbers mean =/

3. Rikudo

SetsxWeightxReps

4. Dykezz

I like this thread and I could use the motivation. I hadn't work out in a couple of months because I was finishing school and got a new job. Today I went for the first time in a while. :eusa_clap Did 60 minute cardio and 30 min strength workout. It felt great.

5. Rikudo

Bench:5x135,160,210,240x8,6,4,2
    Incline DB Press:3x65,70x8
    Standing Shoulder Press:3x45,50x8
    Lateral Raises:3x30x10
    Front Raises:3x30x10
    Tricep Pulldowns:4x130,150,170,180x10,8,6,4
    Dips: 3xBWx15
    Cable Crunches:3x130x15
    Side Cable Pulls:3x150,180,210x10
    Hanging Knee Raises:3x20

Jogged for 30 minutes.

6. Tracy Lord

Way to go, D!

Got to yoga this morning! It's been a horrible couple of weeks, what with work and some, uh, tension at home, but I was able to get back to it this morning and it felt GREAT!

7. Mr.Pushover

Awesomeness Dykezz!!

I worked myself to death yesterday, 'cause it was one of those "I can do anything" days. Now, I'm so sore, but it feels so good

8. Rikudo

Hang Clean:4x115,135,145,155x5,4
    Squats:4x135,205,245,305x8,5,2
    RDL:3x225x6
    Rows:3x150,180,200x6
    Pulldowns:3x120,130,150x10
    Russian Twist:3x35x20

Jogged for 30 minutes.

9. Tracy Lord

Love the sq's and dl's. Nice work, Rikudo!

10. Emberstone

planning to do a weight workout today. going to use the circuit machines, do upper body, three lats, two shoulders, two chests, biceps, triceps, then abs to finish it off.

I am probably going to skip cardio today.

11. Mr.Pushover

Guys, I need help finding new ab exercises. I know most of them D;
    I need to confuse my muscleessss

12. Rikudo

Telling us what you do would help so we don't tell you the same thing you already do.:lol:

13. Emberstone

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fk_usVg7Fp0[/YOUTUBE]

that has a wide variety to choose from. I used to just use this video, keeping time with it, for my ab workouts, and it does work.

14. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Anyone have suggestions for healthy calorie packed easy foods? lol.

15. Callie

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Unsalted peanuts :slight_smile:

16. Mr.Pushover

Good point xD
    Okay, here:
    -First is the p90x ab ripper workout.
    Number of Reps Per Exercise: 25

Duration of Workout: Approximately 16 minutes.

1) In and Outs: Sit down on the mat with your legs straight out in front of you. Lift them off the ground. The exercise is to pull them into your chest, and then to straighten them back out. One rep counts as the combination of the pulling in and the straightening out; it can also be done with your hands supporting or in the air. Legs straight, knees in.

2) Bicycles: While in the same position start to move your legs in circles, like you are riding a bike. Do this for 25 seconds, then stop, and do the reverse. Can also be done with hands at the side or in the air. Like you’re riding a bike in mid-air.

3) Crunchy Frog: This is exactly the same as In and Outs with one major difference. Put your arms straight out to your sides (in the air), and every time you pull in, you also pull your arms around your knees. In and outs with an arm reach around.

4) Cross Leg/ Wide Leg Sit-Ups: Two ways to do this one. The easier way is to sit down with your legs spread out wide. Next you put your right arm behind your head, and then lift up with your left arm pointing straight in the air. Once you are sitting straight up you touch your left arm to the opposite leg – note that it’s important to go straight up first and then over to touch the leg. That’s one rep; the second rep is the same thing but opposite arm. This can also be done with your legs crossed. Reach up and over.

5) Fifer Scissors: Lie down with your legs straight. Lift both off the ground. Next lift your right leg as high as you can, keeping it straight. The exercise is switching the left and right leg positions; go back and forth with the right leg straight in the air, to the left leg straight in the air. Always keep both legs off the ground. Scissors in the air with both legs always off the ground.

6) Hip Rock And Raise: Legs bent and feet together; have the knees pointing out from each other. During the exercise, always have the same distance between the knees. Rock backwards and then raise the hips to move upwards. This exercise is all about moving the hips up and down, while using the core to keep the position of your legs intact. Hips up, Hips Down.

7) Pulse Ups: Same as number six, the difference being both legs are straight up in the air. Leave them in that position and just move the hips up and down, up and down. Each up and down counts as one rep. Straight legs, and moving hips.

8) V-Up/Roll Up: Lie down with the legs straight. Do a sit-up and touch your toes. As you pull away from your toes roll up your legs; in other words as you sit back down raise your legs to the air. When you are about halfway sitting down (your arms always remain in the air) touch your toes again. Leave your hands in the air and bring your legs back down. Repeat. Each time you touch your toes counts as one rep. Sit up, and then sit up with legs in the air.

9) Oblique V-Ups: On your side, with your legs at a forty-five degree angle. Arm at your side, and other arm behind your head. Bring legs towards chest, by getting all your weight on to your hips. 25 each side. Crunches on the side.

10) Leg Climbs: One leg is straight up, the other one either half bent or straight in front. Many ways to do this, depends on how your feeling. Can either reach straight up and touch your toes, or you can grab the side of your leg once for support and then touch the toes. Do 14 on each leg. One leg straight in the air and reach up and touch it.

11) Mason Twist: Sit up straight with the knees slightly bent. Bring your feet off the floor. Clutch your hands together in a fist. Then quickly touch each side of your body at a relatively fast pace. Touching both sides once counts as one rep. Do as many as you can.

Second, I do (45 reps):
    -Crunches with legs crossed in the air
    -(Can't remember the name) hold your head and touch your knee and elbow (opposite sides)
    -Reverse Crunches
    -Toe Touches (feet in the air, move shoulders all the way off the ground)
    -modified side crunches
    -Push throughs (looks like having a baby)
    -pulse-ups (hands under butt)
    -bicycle kick (with elbows touching opposite knees)
    -curl-ups

And the third part is:
    -45 leg lift toe touches
    -40 regular side crunches (each side)
    -rolling planks
    -45 of something I made up 'cause I feel my abs working xD

And yes I do switch em around a lot.

---------- Post added 27th Jul 2011 at 10:48 AM ----------

Whole grain bread (when you're making sandwiches)

17. Tracy Lord

Yeah, I got a bunch because I hated eating the quantities I needed to eat when I was trying to gain weight. I'm just not that hungry. But remember, you don't just want calories; you want good calories, meaning lots of protein for one thing.

First, protein shakes are essential. Here was my recipe: 16 oz fat free milk, 1 banana, 2 eggs, 1 TBSP peanut butter. As its spinning around in the blender, add two scoops of protein powder (I always go with whey). That'll get you about 800 calories. Drink two a day.

Tuna has tons of protein. I would mix a can with some fat free mayo and add some capers for flavor.

Cheese is great, too. I would make a meal out of about 5 oz of medium cheddar cheese and a couple glasses of milk. That'll get you another 800 calories with no cooking.

And scrambling eggs is really easy, too. Throw some grated cheese on top and wash down with a couple glasses of milk and there's another easy meal.

But make sure to work in the necessary fruits and veggies. I used to hate fruits and veggies (no protein! lol), so I drank a lot of V8 juice.

The above is the only way I could get myself to the 3,500 to 4,000 calories a day I needed to pack muscle on.

PS, remember to split all these calories up into about 5 meals a day...

#97 Tracy Lord, Jul 27, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2011
  18. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sounds like some good ideas. Although I can't get myself to consume so much protein powder. It seems like it'd be unhealthy..... =S And I have the same problem I'm never hungry. I force myself to eat. I get HUNGRY like once a month. Hunger is so nice... it's so satisfying to eat when you're hungry..... *sobs*

19. Tracy Lord

That's why the shakes are essential. You get a lot of good calories by drinking your meals, not eating. And the whey protein is much lighter than the "weight gain powder" you see in GNC and at the gym and whatnot. There are only a couple hundred calories per two scoops, so you don't even really taste it and it doesn't thicken the shake so much.

20. Rikudo

Incline Bench:5x135,145,155,165,175x10,6
    DB Shoulder Press:3x45,50x10
    Dips:3xBWx15
    Lateral Raises:3x30x10
    DB Curls:3x35x10
    DB Bench Press:3x65,70x10
    DB Shrugs:4x100x12
    Cable Crunches:3x130x15
    Side Cable Crunches:3x150,180,210x10
    Knee Raises:3x20

Jogged for 30 minutes.

Also Austin on protein shakes and supplement you have to remember to stay hydrated because if you don't then you'll be pissing kidney stones.