1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I've got it sooooo bad! Make it stop!

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by RJay, Jun 18, 2017.

1. tent71

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    HAHA RJay is not going to stop. Good Luck.

RJay likes this.
  2. tent71

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with this statement. Big Time.

3. RJay

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Today we signed up our kids for the same summer camp so we can drop them off together in the morning and then get coffee and take the dogs to the park together every day.

4. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Glad things are still going well. I hope it works out. :slight_smile:

5. RJay

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    To be clear, I'm still not expecting anything to "work out" in the sense of her feeling the same way about me. At some point, that might make me sad, but right now, what makes me soooo happy is that a person like this just wants to be around me, and I am so much more sure of myself that I can actually roll with that and enjoy just being in her presence! My friendships over the years with beautiful women have been just excruciatingly awkward. I never understood what was going on... why I felt so tortured. But this time, I know! And because I know, it's not torture at all! It's just awesome to feel this way about someone with no shame. I'm OK with keeping it like this for a while and just basking in it.

#25 RJay, Jun 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  6. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That sounds awful poor you Hahahaha

Only joking sounds amazing.

Really likes this.
  7. RJay

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Haha! It's so funny, right?

8. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, sorry sarcasm is free flowing from me tonight.

Really likes this.
  9. RJay

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I love sarcasm. No worries. This situation is kinda hilarious, for real, anyway. :slight_smile:

10. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think it's nice :slight_smile: I just hope it has a happy ending.

Really likes this.
  11. leb10

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I just caught up on this thread and I'm still grinning like a fool for you. How validating and exciting! Yay RJay!

confused40 likes this.
  12. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not meaning to hijack the thread but I just wanted to say I read some of your other posts leb10 and was going to post on your wall to say if you ever want to chat I'm usually around but your wall I say private (which is no problem). Just wanted to put the offer out there.

Really, leb10 and RJay like this.
  13. RJay

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Right?! It's like I just had to figure myself out, and now the kind of people I always wanted to draw to me are actually drawn to me! Probably because I exude more confidence and openness. Again, she may not be into me romantically, but it's just so thrilling anyway!

14. Moonsparkle

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    RJay-your first post in this thread reminds me so much of my JOURNAL when I first met my (now ex) girlfriend! The complete overwhelming experience of meeting her and just wanting MORE with her. More time, more conversation, more...well you know:couple_ww:....Like for you, it was this sort of intoxicating emotional connection, that I never had with a man. It sounds like you two just 'get' each other. She definitely sounds excited to see you on each and every occasion. And I love the bit how when you were walking down her street hoping by a slim chance you MIGHT see her---you did!!! You pulled off the perfect caper with that one--well done--haha!!!:thumbsup::slight_smile:AND she said she wanted to bail on her party and would have if she could to spend time with you!

At this point at the very least it's really cool that there is something about you that she finds appealing. We all need to be reminded of this --that we are worth people's time, that we have a lot too offer etc. etc.. (Or at least I do!)

Is there anyway you can move these coffee dates to a night time drink with her? Maybe say something like, 'Hey we deserve a night out just to chill with all we have both been going through with these divorces!' Seeing her in some sort of bar or club atmosphere might assist with the detective work as to whether there's a possibility she COULD be bi or gay. REALLY NOW---Where are Charlies Angel's when we need them? :wink:

Keeping my fingers crossed for you! But even if she isn't into women--this whole experience with her has taught you something---tons of things actually. And that is priceless! Either way your EC friends are here!

15. zumbaqueen

I really hope it works out for you. I would call you cautiously optimistic right now. Lol

RJay likes this.
  16. RJay

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I sort of floated the idea of going out for a drink, but she didn't really take the bait, haha. Next weekend we will both be childless Saturday night, though, so I might get brave and ask before then. Depends how the week goes...

Thanks for what you said about the experience teaching me that I'm worth someone's time and attention, though. I think that's the big takeaway here. No matter what happens, I've been myself, been authentic, and this perfect (to me) woman is really into spending time with me. All my fears that I naturally put people like her off are melting away. It's so intoxicating!

LostInDaydreams likes this.
  17. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey maybe she didn't take the bait about going for a drink because she doesn't like drinking or perhaps she is nervous because she does have feelings for you and feels that going for a drink may lead to more which whilst exciting may also be terrifying.

Really and RJay like this.
  18. zumbaqueen

I can't image the emotions you have right now. I'm going to jump in on your post for a minute. I know the woman I like is a lesbian but I'm not sure if she is interested in me or not. She and I communicate a lot through email and she made the the statement to me last night that she's not sure if we're just friends or what. So I jumped in with both feet and told her I wasn't sure either but I would like it to be something more. Now I await her response. Nothing like putting it all out there. I can't image doing that if your not sure if she like women or not. Keep us updated.

Rana likes this.
  19. RJay

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    OMG, good luck with that zumbaqueen! Def let me know what she responds.

Last night, we were texting all evening about this and that. She kept asking me what I was up to. We walked our dogs at the same time and texted about the weather. Gross, right? It's soooooo messing with my head. We texted each other good night.

This morning was HILARIOUS and excruciating. V texted me at 7:40 to say that H (the 3 year old) had a terrible night and was still asleep, so could I pick up C (my son's classmate) and walk her to school? You know I was on it. When we got there and we're waiting on her steps, she texted to say H woke up and insisted on going. She said she didn't want to make us late but it would be nice to walk together. So I said, hey it's just Kindergarten, no hurry, we will wait for you to come down.

Omg. It was so funny. They all came out and it was a total love fest between the kids and the dogs. As we started walking, J (my kid) and C took the front holding hands. I heard J telling her, "my dad doesn't live with us anymore. He lives on 8th St." Ha! H (she's so cute) got between me and V and held hands with both of us. We each had a dog too. We walked all the way to school like that, probably pissing everybody off because we were hogging the whole sidewalk. It was like we totally skipped the whole romance and went straight to the two mommy family. (I think I've mentioned there are LOTS of 2-mommy families in this neighborhood.) We look so perfect because I have the short dark hair, and she has the long blond hair. She has the beautiful girls, and I have the handsome boy. She has a brown dog, I have a black one. OMG so nauseating!

We tied up the dogs, took the kids in, H insisted that I pick her up and hold her the whole time. The teachers and all the other moms saw us walking into the school like that. Jeeze, I was freaking a little thinking, omg, everybody is going to think we are gay! We look so gay! HAHA! Then I'm like, wait, but I *AM* gay! Why am I freaking? OMG, what a disaster! V seemed totally non-plussed by the whole thing, and I was losing it internally wondering, does she really not get what is going on with me?! Does she get it and is just enjoying the attention, or what? I mean, like I've said before, I'm not so much of a creep that I wouldn't want to still be good friends if she is totally straight, but still...

When we said goodbye, I kind of awkwardly ran my hand along her arm, and now I feel like a loser.... like that was really weird.

I keep going back and forth between, "this is awesome that my dream woman likes me and wants to hang out with me, even if it is just as a friend," and "OMG, I'm such a loser... the cute blonde popular girl is going to figure out what a loser I am and won't want to be my friend anymore... I can't handle the rejection.... maybe I should just drop this friendship before I get in any deeper." Because, historically, that is exactly what I've done every time I've been friends with a cute blonde girl/woman. Eventually, I start being a bitch because I freak out. I am SO determined not to do that this time, but the instinct to run away is there. It's just that now, since I know what I was always so afraid of, I think I'll be able to keep this up and be a good friend to V even if it can't be more. (Unless the way I touched her arm makes her never want to talk to me again, haha.)

Imjustjulien likes this.
  20. Imjustjulien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    RJay, remember at all times, you write the script, its your script. , So from the sentence "now I feel like a loser.... like that was really weird..." just get our your eraser...rub it all out, take a deep breath, tell yourself its beautiful, shes beautiful, YOU'RE beautiful... with love and a hundred hugs from the gay guy right here. Yes you can!!!!

Rana and RJay like this.