1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I've got it sooooo bad! Make it stop!

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by RJay, Jun 18, 2017.

1. leb10

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Haha - quick change your location! She'll never know!

2. RJay

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'd better change my avatar too, because it's a little uncanny.

Then again, just reading the first paragraph of the story, it's recognizable! But hey, if she's searching the internet for info on coming out late and life and happens to find this place, I guess that means I win! :slight_smile:

#62 RJay, Jun 20, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
  3. I am here

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've got everything crossed for you, Rjay! I've enjoyed reading everything that's been happening with you and V, it's exciting feeling these things isn't it.
    You've got the right idea, go with the flow and enjoy the ride.

RJay likes this.
  4. zumbaqueen

RJay, I heard back from my friend. She says she interested in me, but like a lot of us here, she realized she was gay due to her attraction to a straight best friend. She says she wants to get to know me better, and that she still needs to get over her friend. Having been in the same situation as her, I get it. I'm willing to have some patience because I really like her. I guess we will see. And I still hope you find out your friend is interested in you. You are so into her, I'm just afraid you'll be devastated if those feelings aren't returned.

IrishEyes likes this.
  5. RJay

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's great zumbaqueen. Moving slowly is good! At least you can enjoy the validation of your feelings being reciprocated.

Yep, in my case, we shall see. I'm trying to be really brave and not run away from something just because of possible future pain. I will surely learn a ton from this experience no matter what does or doesn't happen. I want this person in my life at any cost right now. So I'm just going to keep on going. Thank you!

dreamingfreely likes this.
  6. RJay

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    We spent half an hour together talking this morning. Seeing her gives me life, I swear! Better than any drug! I feel like Leo DiCaprio in Titanic when he screams, "I'm king of the world!" Because damn, Kate Winslet, OMG. Okay, it's too much right? I gotta tone this shit way down! I'm hopeless.

At one point, we were talking about getting the kids ready for school in the morning, and I was saying I don't know how she does it with two because I just have one and often get impatient and lose it while trying to get him out the door.

She said, "I can't honestly picture you losing it. Every time I see you, you are just so cool... exuding calmness and patience." HAHAHA! I almost spit out my coffee. So much for my fear that she can see through me to the total volcano that's always about to erupt. I told her that she might be disappointed if she ever saw me in my "native habitat". That made her laugh.

Honestly, she should have seen me on Saturday night after I walked her to her dinner party. I was such a wreck I showed up at my brother's place unannounced, and lied down on his floor with my heart pounding out of my chest, and demanded alcohol and cigarettes IMMEDIATELY! Haha!

7. Rana

Rana Guest

RJay,
    Don't worry about V finding this forum. If she does, she should feel flattered. You've said nothing but good things about her and you should never feel ashamed for honestly describing your feelings. Wearing your heart on your sleeve is lovely, honest, and commendable. Wear it like a badge of honor! ❤️

beenthrdonetht and RJay like this.
  8. Rana

Rana Guest

Hi zumbaqueen,
    How did you tell her how you felt? And how long were you speaking before you told her?
    I really have trouble knowing how to tell a woman I have feelings for her. It takes courage but I just think that I wouldn't even know what words to put together. I always fear I would scare her off...would be nice to hear how you approached this issue.
    Thanks.

9. RJay

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Guys! She just strolled past my building with her dog at the precise moment I happened to look out my window. I never look out my window. She was totally doing what I did the other night. No other reason to walk on my block. Haha!!!

taical, azzi, LostInDaydreams and 3 others like this.
  10. I am here

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ahhhh!!! How exciting! I can't believe V was trying your stalker move hahaha. This is such a good sign! And for you to just happen to look out your window at that exact moment...amazing. I would have run out the door to her, you've got some excellent self restraint

idsm likes this.
  11. idsm

Poor V wasn't as lucky as you, though!
    I would probably have looked for a reason to get outside. I don't know like taking out the trash or something like that.
    And of course in my state of panic I would have forgotten to actually take the trash with me.

#71 idsm, Jun 21, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
    azzi likes this.
  12. Worker Bee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is more gripping than the romances I've read. I can't believe you didn't go out when you saw her.

Rana, dreamingfreely and idsm like this.
  13. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is epic

Really likes this.
  14. RJay

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hee hee... I felt frozen in place. I was kind of willing her to look up at the window, but she doesn't know what floor I live on. By the time I would have gotten it together to run downstairs and make it outside, she would have been halfway down the block. But yes, it was EPIC.

Rana and leb10 like this.
  15. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think I would have been tempted to text her. Something like, dog walking I see haha

azzi, Really, idsm and 1 other person like this.
  16. zumbaqueen

We communicate a lot through email. One day she sent me an email and said that she really enjoyed talking to me and the friendship we were developing. At this point I was thinking about her nonstop. I decided to tell her in an email that I also enjoyed the friendship we have developed but I would also like it to be more than a friendship and that I was physically attracted to her. Even before I heard back from her I had a tremendous sense of relief just from expressing my feelings for her. We were probably speaking to each other for about 6 weeks.

Rana likes this.
  17. Soundofmusic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    OMG this reads like the cutest romcom ever. Hopefully it has a very happy ending, whether that's romantic or not. <3

18. Worker Bee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Rjay we are all waiting for the next instalment. I'm on tenterhooks hoping that she feels the same as you

idsm likes this.
  19. RJay

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Lots more deep conversations and cuteness with the kids over the last couple of days. V said the little one asked her if I would please move into their apartment and live with them forever. I almost choked to death. I said that was really flattering. ?!

Tonight is the first night since we became friends that our kids are all with their dads at the same time. I texted V last night to say I'd like to see her this evening if she was game. She texted me this morning to ask me if I wanted to go to the movies to see "The Big Sick" which is some kind of romantic comedy. So that's the plan. YIKES.

You know I fret soooooo much about this when I'm alone, brooding. But then when I see her, it feels so easy and comfortable, and I'm so happy in her presence. We spent hours together yesterday because the kids had lots of activities at school for kindergarten graduation. Being together all day just felt so natural. I have no idea what I'm going to say or do, but the relationship has developed this really easy flow. I think if a romance is possible, it will just happen without having to make any big dramatic declarations. To be continued.

taical, LostInDaydreams, idsm and 2 others like this.
  20. Searching1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I haven't chimed in to your story, Rjay, but I've been following! This is so exciting and fun. Regardless of how it ends, enjoy the feeling and the crazy ride! I'm crossing my fingers for you!

RJay likes this.