1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do people generally suspect you're gay?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by john1b1, Jun 27, 2013.

1. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nope. I looked gayer when I was like 18 or so, but not anymore.

2. It's 50/50 with me. My parents and most of my friends were completely surprised, and some of my friends have said that they suspected, but didn't really know. A few people tell me that they knew 110% since the moment they met me, but I think some of them are just trying to make it look like they know it all.

3. JuanJose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Back when I was like 12 kids would ask if I was gay, but I'm pretty sure that was just because I was a new kid they could pick on. I don't really think anyone suspects it now, even though I'm kind of trying to be more obvious :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. homoboy22

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    my 2 friends wernt surprised*they r the only people tht know im gay besides u guys* they were just weirded out for a couple seconds.

5. brave

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    People usually know that,I dont see it when I look at the mirror,but it looks like I cant hide it. As someone said in one post " I am a walking rainbow" :grin::grin:

6. kulele

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Yeah (I'm not gay though - I'm pansexual). I act flamboyantly queer and talk about it if it comes up.

7. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Apparently only when I'm watching Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Or when I'm talking about hot guys. ^.^

8. destiny99

destiny99 Guest

No. Well, that I know of. I'm still in the closet, but I think I'm pretty much the opposite of the stereotype, which might throw some people for a loop.

9. time4achange3

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I hide it pretty well, but some suspect, so i have heard, ha!

10. EyesNeverLie

Nope. Not at all. Most people are shocked that I'm gay.

11. LinkLarkin

I don't have many camp characteristics, which I think keeps me nicely in the closet. I do have a habit of walking round singing show tunes to myself though, which I hoped would at least make people wonder in the back of their minds to make it easier when I do decide to fully come out. :newcolor:

A couple of people in high school thought I was gay, but I ignored them because I didn't know myself then. I don't know specifically what it was that made them think that either.

One of my best friends, who is bisexual, has amazing gaydar, with whom I often sing show tunes, and who has in the past told me that I have homosexual tendencies and on another occasion asked me if I am asexual because I never show an interest in girls, couldn't believe her ears when I told her, so I'm doing something right.

My other best friend wasn't so surprised but it turned out that he'd been picking up on the "subtle" hints I'd been dropping for him for the previous few weeks better than I thought. However, he did say that he didn't really suspect apart from those hints because I'd never shown any obvious interest in girls or guys (another implication of asexuality, hmm?).

The couple of people who've guessed I'm gay did so while I was intoxicated, so I must have accidentally knocked the closet door open. :rolle: :beer:

As for family, I distinctly remember my mum making a comment about "when I get a life partner" before I knew I was gay and being really confused about why she'd phrase it like that, but a couple of weeks ago she made a comment about "when I get a wife", so I'm really not sure where I stand. :confused:

I hope I can manage to be more obvious when I finally work up the courage to go to a gay club! :slight_smile:

12. robotman

Nope, everyone thinks I'm straight... I guess its a good thing for me at the moment because I'm not out yet.

13. maracont

The awkward area between bible belt and large city
    Well, I don't think my mannerisms do too much.. but my friends are a bit suspicious of me liking korean boy bands and my little pony so much.
    I actually came out to a friend on accident the other day on Skype when I said for no reason "d**n lee hong ki is hot" while watching a music video.
    The way I keep them from knowing is I'm so generally weird they just chalk all my suspicious stuff up to "being him".

14. Dani3l

I'm not flamboyant at all, but I do move my hands a lot while talking and I do see myself crossing my legs regularly..
    Oh, and the way I easily get excited when talking to people with whom I feel comfortable.. that is a clear hint for those who care to think about it.

Most people don't suspect much though, and instead probably think it's my freakiness or shyness (depending on the situation)...
    But I have a (female) friend that has an amazing gaydar, like mine (we often joke by saying we need one more good gaydar to triangulate dem unicorns :lol:slight_smile:, and I know she suspects A LOT.

15. CheesyGoose

I have heard that some girls think I'm gay and whatnot, but they don't make a big deal of it, so it's cool. But no, nobody generally suspects that. I'm a masculine gay guy, so that kinda helps. Sometimes I actually joke about stuff like that with my best friends, but it's always like a joke. Nobody has directly asked me whether I'm gay or not, however.

Fun story: In my English class, we had this text where there was this sentence and there were two words: 'boyhood friend'. I had to read that part and I think I was thinking something at the same time and I said boyfriend by accident. Of course everyone, the teacher and myself laughed like hell. It was seriously hilarious. But we all started to joke about it eventually. The two girls who like... kinda started that, are gay supporters and they believe in legalizing gay marriages, so it actually made me feel good that I can probably come out to them if I want to. They are also my classmates and we're close friends :slight_smile:

16. leer

nope because am more straight acting .only one person has guessed i was gay someone at work that i had just met she just came out & said your gay it:eek: me a bit nobody had done that before she said it was my nails i like them short and rounded .

17. justinf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, quite the oposite. Except my two housemates knew, but that was because our other housmate was (and still is) my boyfriend, so they'd sort of picked up on that.

18. Hexagon

:lol:

19. FucSoc

FucSoc Guest

I think people think i'm straight, but who knows?
    i'm sure my friends will be surprised, but I remember that there was a guy that I knew for
    couple of days and I think he asked me if i'm lesbian or straight.. first time that someone ask me that question.. it was weird.

20. FreeFlow9917

Nope, if you passed me by, you'd think i wasn't gay at all, when really i am.