1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do people generally suspect you're gay?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by john1b1, Jun 27, 2013.

1. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Most people think I am Straight, but for some reason, people have asked my friends whether I was Gay & it's always been in a pub, I think it must be, because when I have had a few to many, I must check out other Guys & some people must notice Lol that's my theory anyway, I must be more Gay when I am drunk :slight_smile:

Apart from that, I think my Mom always knew as she had asked me a few times in the past, which as you know led to her asking again a few months ago & me saying yes :slight_smile:

2. VelvetEYES

I've always thought people knew but apparently they don't. At least the ones that don't want to see the truth. These tend to be guys with an attraction to me.

3. TheAMan

A couple lucky ones can tell before I tell them but for the most part people have told me I do a great job of hiding it. I don't think I do but it is what it is.

4. chercheur

chercheur Guest

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Lool, umm yeah. There's never any doubt. I'm very gay (I'm like a Kinsey 9, if it went beyond 6).

5. lukeluvznicki13

A lot of people don't actually know that I'm bi, although some jocks and people like that just say I am gay because I like singing and acting.

6. Colours

There are probably a few people who speculate because of recent events and me already being out to several people, but generally, I don't think people suspect I'm gay.

7. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Everybody tells me that I don't come across as gay.

8. Tic Code

Everyone assumes I'm straight, and the friend I told was shocked because I came across as asexual to her.

9. FranklinK

No one thinks I'm gay until I tell them.. I've gone to gay bars and I get stared at by all the guys there. No one approaches me because they think I'm straight lol I've had customers, yes more than one, come into my place of employment and talk about the gay kid that does overnights (not about me, but about my heterosexual coworker that also does overnights). Every single one of them is shocked when I inform them that my coworker is straight and that I'm the gay one.

And I kind of like it that way to be honest.

10. Niko

I believe that everyone thinks I'm a lesbian. My mom has asked me several times, and even when I came out as transgender she was all...are you sure you're not just a lesbian? Nothing annoys me more than that assumption. :dry: It wouldn't be so bad if I actually liked women, but I don't...I like men. :<

11. TheMailman

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well, in a country where most men play sports, drink beer, braai (Barbeque) and hunt...I act pretty gay. Or at least I think I do.
    My best friend, when I told him, had said that he had suspected a little bit. I've not really talked about it to anyone I came out to (came out over Facebook to a few friends, nobody every said a word of it.) It wouldn't be hard for people the make the connection, though.

12. Hrantou

I'm sure everyone suspects me if they don't know already. I went to Hawaii on a family vacation recently and this family we're friends with there apparently asked my sister if I was gay. She said "Not that I know of" :grin:

13. Sayu

I depends. Some people've told me they suspected it, some have even asked whether I was gay. But some looked honestly surprised.

14. 2112

15. zbjj

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It depends. The guys I play role-playing games with every Friday or Saturday haven't said anything that makes me think they think I'm gay. I don't see them very often though, only once a week during the months I'm living in my hometown. Friends I've made during my time away from home tend to be a bit more vocal concerning their suspicions regarding my sexuality. I've been asked, "Dude, are you gay?" fairly often since leaving high school. Even in high school it was assumed I was in a relationship with my male best friend. I suppose it comes down to being with a group of guys who are either married or fairly inept with women themselves and so don't take much interest in my seeming lack in relationships versus a group of people who are much more interested in relationships and my lack of one. That and the whole being somewhat sensitive guy with many more female friends than male ones.

#115 zbjj, Sep 11, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2013
  16. KingdomKeyDK

Everyone thinks I am, although I have a female date... :/

17. biggayguy

I think people know or suspect I'm gay. I'm not trying to hide my support of gay marriage or equal rights. It's funny that now that I have transitioned I gesture much more freely.

18. AsIUsedToBe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    They say I give off a vibe, but I could just be a really awesome guy.

19. pokerface87

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    People assume I am straight. Even when I go to a gay bar and want to meet women :frowning2:

20. MrBrightside

It depends. Any gay or bi guy i meet knows instantly, id be able to tell from how i act myself. If ur looking ull know.

Straight folks sometimes suspect after a while...

Before i came out, people i knew never suspected at all, but folks id never met did. It was weird. Actually, when i came out it was cos some of my mates were with a group of gay guys, and one of the girls tht i was close to said to me "all the guys think you're gay btw, how weird is that?" I just replied "theyre not far wrong, im bi" (in a very slurred way, and yes i was still confused then :slight_smile:)