1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do people generally suspect you're gay?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by john1b1, Jun 27, 2013.

1. john1b1

john1b1 Guest

A lot of people I meet seem to know I'm gay before I tell them. Does this happen to anyone else?

2. MerBear

Nope. they usually can't believe it. Yipee.

3. TimTomC

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Nope, they usually don't know.

4. ForgottenRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Nope. Most of my friends thought I was straight. XD

5. Hefiel

To my knowledge, no.

6. mickey1101

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If you don't know me you wouldn't believe me really, so no...

7. SecretlyASloth

Yes. XD.
    For some its simply more obvious than others...
    Except for me most guys don't guess that well. I'm sure plenty of people speculate, its just that the girls have tended to notice.

8. BornInTexas

Apparently, I'm a walking fucking rainbow.

I go through so much to try and hide the fact that I have 'gay,' if you could even call them that, mannerisms and patterns, I'm blatantly obvious.

9. Foxface

most friends knew or thought I was either bi or gay

Foxface

10. sammy1

Nope! I think 99% of people that i have ever met think im straight and in.a way it gets really annoying!

11. Hudson

Depends on the situation, really. I'm not gay - but bisexual can get labeled it if I'm out with one of my other bi/gay friends. I'm generally very close and touchy with them, whether we date/hookup or not.

There are times at bars we will be touchy/cuddly - last time my housemate and I went out (we aren't a couple, but we enjoy fooling around when we have nothing to do, lol), we were hanging with friends, and my buddy was leaning on me, and I had my arm around his chest - we got a few odd looks, but I don't give two shits.

If not for stuff like that, people have absolutely no idea I'm bisexual. I've been referred to as "the straightest guy I know" more times than I'd like to count.

12. AlamoCity

At first glance, I come off as a "gentlemen" (other people's words, not mine); this is important because people think that I respect women too much to not hit on them and they don't think I'm gay for not being staring at every hot girl that walks by.

After a while, some may suspect because they might notice I don't gawk at hot girls or might notice me surreptitiously checking out a guy.

Another clue that might make people suspect I'm gay is that I'm 23 years old and I've never had a girlfriend.

Finally, I dress too nice for a straight guy, but so does my dad; that can make it seem normal for me.

All in all, I think 75% of people think I'm straight, 20% suspect I'm gay, and 5% "know" I'm gay, and not in the biblical sense but in the "I really think he's gay because he totally checked out that dude" kind of "know."

13. tryhtwfr

Only the girls tended to notice but there was a rumour spread by a boy about me being gay 3 years ago. Funnily enough, he just came out a day ago...

14. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Eh, if anyone has, I've never noticed. Don't think it came as much of a surprise to anyone when I first came out (which was a lesbian).

15. Holly

People only really get suspicious if I start having cryptic conversations with people who I am out to. Other than that, everyone I've tolddidnt have a clue. I mean, I don't think they were surprised, seeing as I've voiced my support for gay marriage and rights, but they've never been suspicious...

16. coming out

coming out Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Most don't suspect I might be gay , I appear very normal . But some do if I were to confirm it they said I knew it

17. MrBrightside

Anyone that knows me never suspected before i came out but people i meet tend to know quite quickly, especially gay guys. I really dont know why, they must see me checking out guys or just be very observant, cos i do tend to give it away now more than when i was closeted.

Funny thing was, when i came out one of my close friends said that all the gay guys (5 of them) they were out with thought i was gay and how ridiculous she thought tht was, i was just like, well im bi, so theyre close :grin:

Then again, i tend to get alot of homophobic abuse even though i act straight (last time i was in the pub with a pint watching the football), kinda baffles me...

18. King

King Guest

I don't think it's obvious unless I'm close friends with someone, then certain mannerisms come out that could potentially be questioned. My friends assumed I was straight before I came out to them but god knows why because I certainly didn't "act straight" whatever that is.

Though now that they know I'm sure they can see it in me.

I'm pretty bland especially when talking to people or whatever so I don't give any indication of anything, mood or sexual orientation.

19. Crow Crippler

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I hope so. It's kind of hard to find a girlfriend if they think you're straight, y'know?

20. AaronMed

I think it's totally obvious for me. Everybody I've told thus far haven't been surprised in the slightest!