1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do people generally suspect you're gay?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by john1b1, Jun 27, 2013.

1. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't know if they "suspect" (which, by definition, connotes that I hide it... I don't.) per se, but once people get to know me a little more they inquire. I haven't had anyone seem very surprised when I confirm that I am in fact gay. Inversely there has also never been an instance where someone was (or at least seemed they were) 100% sure of my sexuality before asking.

Honestly though, I kind of like having people ask as our friendship progresses. It greatly decreases the pressure of having to bring up the subject on my own.

2. dazedanconfused

Yes. Your right. I wasn't offended by him really, I was more in shock and I think he was to. He probably thought because I've been with guys before that I'd be more than willing to give him a go. He's very much in the closet though. He now either ignores me or tries to act über heterosexual around me like he's gotta point to prove.

Plus I think to some degree, when I tell openly gay people about my orientation, they laugh and either don't see me as "gay/bi" or just think I'll :***: anything that walks. Which isn't the case either... All the time lol

3. Dans le placard

So far it's been a real mix. Some people could, others were quite shocked, and some never really thought about me and my sexuality to such a large degree.

4. nicecoolguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No, but I have a couple of memories of guys calling me gay. One guy said it in a kind of vulgar way in front of the entire class one time at school, and of course I was really insecure at the time, so that was awesome :/

5. justjade

In high school, people thought I might be a lesbian. Sure enough, they were wrong. I'm a gay man! :grin: Sort of....:dry:

6. Munyal

This is me. Then again, I do dance in the middle of hallways (!!)

7. ahundredpennies

I'm actually not sure. One of my guy friends mentioned something about if I liked girls but I brushed it off since I didn't want anyone to know and that's as far as that goes.

8. EverythingWeBecome

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Everybody suspects it about me.It's like the most obvious thing since I always try to look like a guy.

9. Ritor365

According to my friend, people have apparently been suspecting that I'm gay :/

I was panicked at first, but feeling better about it now thanks to EC :slight_smile:

10. YellowBird

YellowBird Guest

Most people think I'm straight...the words "But you're too pretty and girly to be gay" are said often after people find out. Though, the people that are in close quarters with me, like the people I work with, all just assumed and knew about it.

Yay, rainbow wristband! (I'm assuming that helped them figure it out)

11. Abraxas

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The few people I have told that I'm gay have been completely, 100% floored by the fact.
    I'm not sure how to feel about that, really.
    On one hand, I feel if it was even remotely obvious, maybe I could come out with a little more ease.
    On the other hand, maybe it's good that no living soul seems to be able to even question my sexuality, as I'm much too afraid to come out to any other people. It makes it easier to keep on keeping on with the act. =)

12. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I saw that my last reply didn't provide any concrete information lulz. Um...I don't think I drop and big or obvious hints. I may though. I'm extremely masculine and I don't think people would equate a extremely masculine man being gay

13. Starling

Out Status:
    All but family
    Most of my friends were completely shocked and didn't expect it back then. Now however... I'm a smidge more obvious.

14. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My friends were surprised when I came out, but since I've been more comfortable in my identity, my new friends haven't suspected, but were not surprised at all.

15. Gallatin

No, nobody has ever thought I'm anything other than straight.

16. Amerigo

perhaps, but i think most people i know would like to think i'm not gay. i need to surround myself with better people.

17. Anshel

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    They don't suspect, but when I and my friend sit in a smoking-room and discuss guys (Oh, look at him he's soooo cute) it becomes kind of obvious.

18. willywonka

willywonka Guest

As far as I can tell most people do not know I'm gay, mainly because I don't really show any "gay" characteristics. However, I think if someone was trying to figure out my sexuality and knew what hints to look for, said person would have a pretty easy time.

19. Martjain

Nope, they don't have a clue.

20. Samael

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A few days ago, my dad and I had a serious talking about my sexuality. He told me that he's very proud of me and he will never stop loving me. He also asked me that, if someone makes me feel bad, I should tell him and he would personally Knock him up for making fun of me. Oh, and he told me that he knew I was gay as soon as I started to walk lol. That made me laugh. I really love my dad!!