1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do people generally suspect you're gay?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by john1b1, Jun 27, 2013.

1. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

No, they didn't believe me.

2. BudderMC

Nope.

I've been asked outright once and I've had a couple of reactions after coming out that were basically "makes sense", but for the most part I'm pretty under-the-radar. Or at least I was when I was closeted, I suspect I ping some gaydars a tiny bit more now that I'm out.

3. Stripe101

Not usually. When people do accuse me, I never really deny it. I just shrug it off. I don't like lying.

4. catatonie

I think people first assume I'm straight because it's the societal default and my deviation from traditionally heteromasculine expression admittedly isn't very high, so not much attention is drawn to the little things more "astute" people have claimed "give me away" like these subtle stereotypical non-het things no one mentioned to me until after I came out to them. "Oooh yeah I suspected because you seem really sensitive/ you're a hand talker/ your vocabulary/ your shoes", whatever insignificant thing went by unnoticed until I said with words I'm not hetero or they encountered me with my partner and "suddenly it all makes sense".

5. 1000blizzards

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Yep, that's her! I find her image and personality really interesting. :slight_smile:

6. Ticklish Fish

Im not sure about v necks, but I think people in my area just wear v necks like normal.
    like metro men

7. NoPlanB

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    My mom suspected years ago, my cousin has asked me I'm gay, and my friends used to bug me about it. I'm not out to any of them, so yeah...a lot of people can figure it out apparently. :/

8. ScatteredEarth

I surprised the s**t out of my mother when I told her about it, so I guess that it isn't really noticeable traits about me that make me stand out, I tend to be masculine in every sense of the way. So I guess you could say that my sexuality fits me in a way.

9. Jeff

I think it is a 50/50 split. Some seem to know, others say things to me about gays, having no idea I am one.

Guys have told me that they were unsure about me until I told them something.

I tell people upfront on a case by case basis.

10. little dick

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    A lot of people that I've run into suspect that I'm gay, including waitresses and waiters.
    This used to bug the hell out of me, but now I've learned to just ignore them. but when my brother teases me about being gay, his words hurt me inside, and this is why I'm reluctant to tell him.

Jayme

11. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Unfortunately, no they do not :frowning2:

I wish, that way maybe I'd get hit on more :grin:

12. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I can sympathize with that. My brother teases me about being gay also, even after I told him. However, I'm not one to care about what other people say or think of what I am or what I'm not. It used to bug me the day he first made a cruel joke but I'm used to people teasing me to the point where I'm okay with it. Is it bad that I'm used to people teasing me to the point where I'm okay with it?

13. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I actually wonder this. I don't think I give off the impression of flaming rainbows at first glance, but surely people at work have noticed I never talk about women. Everyone at work seems to be in a relationship, and if they break up its not long before they hook up again. I'm also not a big sports fan. Sometimes when I hear recordings of my voice I sound a lot gayer than I do in my head, but no one has commented on it.

14. dazedanconfused

Depends. The girls usually don't. But when I tell them the door swings both ways, it's an easy pick up for me. Unless their uptight conservative women that think its gross to like anyone of the same sex.

As far as guys go, not usually unless I tell them. And I don't tell guys unless I'm close to them. I've had 1 incident that backfired on me and the guy pretty much came out to me, gave me his number and thought I was gonna be into him. I don't think he understood the that just because I'm bi I'm gonna fuck you.

Sorry for the offensive language.

15. LiquidSwords

Couple of kids I've come out have pretty much refused to believe I'm gay ha, until I started crying then they realised I was being serious :lol: But no, I don't think its very obvious, I mean just this evening my mum was asking me when I'm going to find a girlfriend and stuff for about the millionth time :bang:

If my mum and best friends are clueless I imagine most other people are too. Only kid who had any idea was one of my best mates who said he'd pretty much known for ages anyway when I came out to him, think he's the exception though :confused:

16. Ticklish Fish

wtf is a hand talker?
    gesticulation?
    in my culture, just about everyone does that, I think lol

17. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The offensive language is quite alright. I'm not complaining but to be courteous of others, please use :***: . I'm gonna tell you what a really good friend told me, "The thirst is real in the gay world and it's a desert". So it's not the fact that just because you're bi, it's the fact that well he saw you as your pray. Don't feel offended, I got a message one night on ###### saying "Hey wanna come over and :***:?" Instablocked.

18. MoyashiAlice

Most people think I'm straight, while a few have pegged me as being a lesbian. Only one person ever accurately guessed that I was bi. :slight_smile:

19. Steele

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't think so. But people with strong gaydars probably suspect it.

20. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Nope.

No one has any clue at all.