1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do people generally suspect you're gay?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by john1b1, Jun 27, 2013.

1. When I started to come out to my friends, they were like, "We weren't just born yesterday." So I think it's a little obvious.

2. penguin machine

Apparently people have known since I was 12. I know a lot of prejudiced people apparently. I think I'm going to start asking people if they could tell when I come out to them.

3. Harve

Stereotypes are only a problem because by their very definition they're behaviours generalised to an entire group. It's harmful to say or expect that all gay men conform to the gay stereotype simply because many if not a majority of gay men don't, but there's nothing wrong with acting gay in itself.

4. All41

I think so

5. TheUglyBarnacle

Not even a month ago, a girl told me she wanted to ask me a question but wasn't sure whether she should. I thought it was about my sexuality so went ahead to tell her but turns out that my liking girls was too obvious for her to even consider asking and what she wanted to ask was whether I want to have a sex change.

The same day, I was asked by a fairly masculine lesbian if I am a man. Also, the last person I came out to regarding liking girls told me that she was not surprised at all.

Yep, people suspect.

#145 TheUglyBarnacle, Sep 25, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2013
  6. Au.Quicksilver

People have asumed I'm gay. For some reason I seem to get the giggles after that.