1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

World Cup 2010

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by gaz83, Jun 10, 2010.

1. partietraumatic

I'm not overly bothered who wins it now.

I think i would just prefer spain slightly, their style of football is more attractive than Netherlands. I love that they play pass and move football, and even when it isn't working, they refuse to play a more ugly style.

I always feel spain will win. I think they have played very well so far, people seem to be forgetting the teams they've played have been good teams. Germany and Paraguy and Portugal are all good teams, who don't concede many. However, with spains passing game i always feel they are going to score, it takes such effort to chase the ball for the whole match, that eventually the team will tire and spain will get a chance to score.

It comes down to whether the netherlands are organised enough to last 90mins or more.

2. Corny

Corny Guest

spain played the better game (their BEST game yet) and I have to admit they earned that win. not that goal though ;P
    I said before that whoever wins this semi-will be the champion. and if spain keeps it up like that they will win.

i still root for the netherlands though :slight_smile:

3. sokk

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Go SPAIN!

If you don't know how to decide who to root for, then pick the team/country with the hottest guys! Spain has the hottest guys, without a doubt. From football guys like Albiol, Llorente, Alonso, Villa, Torres, Pique, Ramos, Casillas to tennis guys like Feliciano Lopez, Fernando Verdasco, David Ferrer and Rafael Nadal, there's alst hot actors like Miguel Angel and hot models like Jon Kortajarena. Look them up and you'll see what I mean by HOT guys.

Netherlands, well, I don't know any hot guys from The Netherlands. Their football team isn't exactly beautiful either.

Viva España! VAMOS!

4. littledinosaurs

5. otc877

otc877 Guest

LOL I can't say I can disagree with you they definitely have better looking players... though netherlands has one guy who isn't bad, can't think of his name but he's pretty cute. Has a buzz cut and blond hair so you can't really go wrong :slight_smile:

Spain wins. Opinions/comments/tears?

6. RaRa

So many people were bandwagoning for Spain where I live, even though they didn't like them. My fav team (Germany) lost, and I just didn't care for the final. :3 It didn't really matter for me who won. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

But congrats to Spain!

7. Mysterons

Mysterons Guest

Netherlands was playing soccer or karate? :lol: I actually wanted them to win and they could have, had they focused more on making a better strategy rather than just aggressively kicking their rivals and fighting with the ref. They were lucky they didn't get a red card earlier (for the record, the referee SUCKED). It's a real pity because they have excellent players.

It wasn't Spain's best performance either; they played much better against Germany. Anyway, congrats to them on their first cup :slight_smile:

8. otc877

otc877 Guest

AHAHHAHAHAHA So true. One guy straight up just jump kicked him straight to the chest. I couldn't believe he didn't get a red card for that.

9. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

The Netherlands actually won, you all just thing Spain won because Obama is doing his Nazi-brainwashing trick. (Joke..congrats Spain!)

10. olides84

Paul didn't mess up! A perfect 8 for 8. http://g.sports.yahoo.com/soccer/wo...ctopus-goes-eight-for-eight-is?urn=sow,255211

I watched outside on a big screen with thousands of others, mostly Dutch supporters as Holland is only 25km away and they always come here on weekends to drink better and cheaper beer.

Congrats to Spain! They definitely deserved the win and penalty kicks are no way to decide a world champion. I actually thought the ref did what he had to with the yellow cards... there was a lot of cynical and sometimes brutal fouls, like this one :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

[​IMG]

11. Ben

Ben

12. Davy

Scotland (That's the bit with hills & rain)
  13. Apocalypte

[youtube]JxlUsx15RFs[/youtube]

Spanish team celebrating in Madrid - lol @ them forcing a Barcelona shirt onto Cesc Fabregas :grin:

14. Alecs1991

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Gahhh I'm soooooo happy Spain won. They are so good, evn tho they missed about a million chances to score in that final game for being a bit too slow,....also damn i have the biggest crush on casillas and ramos..