1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

World Cup 2010

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by gaz83, Jun 10, 2010.

1. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

HOLY CRAP! One of the best games ever. Ghana v Uruguay is still my favorite so far, but Germany v Argentina kept me on the edge. Can't believe Argentina lost that badly tho. I really liked both teams. Poor messi though. I really wanted him to get at least a goal.

2. Mysterons

Mysterons Guest

This was... sad. Anyway, I don't think we played much worse than the previous matches, we already had a lousy defence but since our rivals weren't really challenging we did fine.
    On top of that, Germany surprisingly picked up in comparison with the not so good performances they'd had against Serbia or Ghana.

In a nutshell, Germany had strategy and team work. Argentina had improvisation and uncoordinated good players.

3. Eric

I doubt Maradona is much of an X's and O's guy. Messi will get his chance some day. He's still young.

Netherlands vs. Germany in the finals. You heard it here first. Sorry Spain fans but they haven't played well enough to beat the Germans. And Uruguay? Who are we kidding, I mean Sneijder are the best duo of the world cup. We all knew that was the easiest draw anyway.

4. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Agh ya. Spain has been really inconsistent. I REALLY hope they win against Germany, but thats just me wishing xD

5. partietraumatic

i still think spain will win.

They havn't been very good so far, yet they are in the semi finals. The mark of a good team is winning when playing badly. Imagine what is going to happen when they play well, which they will i believe, as long as they stop playing Torres.

Also so far spain have played teams who have only tried to defend. its very difficult to look good against well organised, defensive teams. Germany and Netherlands will try to attack, leaving more space for Xavi and Iniesta.

Also, don't discount Uruguay against the Netherlands. They are well organised, and have imo the 2nd best striker left in the world cup in Forlan.

6. Davy

Scotland (That's the bit with hills & rain)
    Germany, deserve it. Have been the best side in a fairly average world cup.

Would like a Holland - Germany final. Although could not grudge any side a win.

I personally believe the best on current form.

7. Corny

Corny Guest

[​IMG]

:lol:

what a game :slight_smile: you should have seen the crowds of krauts here!

I have seen every spanish match and I have to say they will be more challenging than Argentina .. oh .. wait .. err anyway I think it will not be easy, but I have hope. The only really sad thing is that Müller will be missing. He is not only my fav player but also a really great player. Still don't see how that handplay was intentional .. but meh.

8. Mysterons

Mysterons Guest

Haha that image was mean but hilarious :grin:. Anyway, I still don't get how Germany could lose to Serbia and do so well against England and Argentina.

9. partietraumatic

i think Villa would shade it for me.

10. Corny

Corny Guest

have you seen the serbia game? although it definitely wasn't a good game, to me it wasn't a loss. problem is just that we didn't score :wink: and remember that since the early game we were just playing with 10 - and still mostly dominating the field ..

11. Davy

Yeah I know he comes close, but I just think the way Forlan has played with out having players of the same quality around him has been brilliant.

12. gaz83

gaz83 Guest

im still banking on a holland v germany final. germany have just been outstanding this year and the fact its a young team means they can only get better in the next few years. spain i thought would do better than they have. but im hopeful they are going out against germany obv.

13. zoeee

geeeeeeeermany! of course we'll win! :wink:

14. Eric

Well, the Netherlands advanced yesterday. It'll be interesting to see what happens today between Germany and Spain. If I were a betting man (and I am), I'd put my money on Germany, as I said. The youth movement is really paying off for them. One concern though is that Spain's only given up 1 goal throughout the tournament so their D might be a little tough to beat. Germany can't make the same mistake Portugal made to hang back and focus on D.

15. partietraumatic

i told you all Spain would win!

They're just so hard to beat coz even getting the ball off them is difficult!!

I said before the tournament started that they would win it, and im not changing my mind now :slight_smile:

16. RaRa

Boo. Germany should have had this. :dry:

17. Mysterons

Mysterons Guest

I think it was Spain's best performance so far. Germany seemed weak without Mueller.

18. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Hell ya!! it was such an amazing game. We dominated the field and germany was just not able to get the ball. Iv been rooting for spain since the beginning too! woot!!

19. gaz83

gaz83 Guest

well im depressed. germany just didnt look the same today. well done spain. dont think they shoulda been in the semis tho going from their previous games. least i still have 1 more game to look forward to b4 the final.

20. Davy

Totally hoping the Dutch win it now. Would love to see Gio lift the world cup for Holland. They deserve it out the two left.