1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

World Cup 2010

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by gaz83, Jun 10, 2010.

1. Mysterons

Mysterons Guest

LOL my boss had betted Argentina would win by at least three goals. They didn't play that bad, but we were lucky Nigeria missed all their opportunities to make a tie. I'm glad we won, though, my little nationalist vein finally comes out :lol:!

2. Just Adam

England are playing as crap as EVER ,,,,cant beat the USA how depressing....football shall never come home with a crap team like this...i thought we got rid of the wags to get them to work harder.

the fact the commentators are now talking like drawing with the USA is an achievements says it all >.> not chance in hell.

3. partietraumatic

that sums up why we cant win it. Rubbish goalkeeper, no good wingers, only one good striker. No disrespect to the USA, but we should be beating teams like that, if we have any pretensions of winning the whole thing. Sadly spain and brail are in a different league to us. In fact theyre playing a different sport!

my only consolation is that we drew the first match in '66...clutching at straws here lol

4. littledinosaurs

It's the ref's job to see misconduct and call it out. For whatever reason they missed it and France got in. You shouldn't hold that against them.

5. Jiggles

Jiggles Guest

Just to lighten the mood a touch. :grin:

Have you seen the new "Rob Green condoms?"

They're extra slippery and you're guaranteed not to catch anything!

6. gaz83

gaz83 Guest

im just thrilled germany hammered australia!!! what a great game that was. germany surely showed to be contenders for winning dont ya think?

7. Davy

Scotland (That's the bit with hills & rain)
    Made me laugh :icon_bigg

8. InaRut

Hey everyone! I'm Dutch.

Guess where Denmarks going to be doing...NOT WINNING!

Not when we have a hunk like Robben on the team. Mmmm...Dutch goodness.

9. gaz83

gaz83 Guest

oh i like holland. they are a very impressive team. i actually have them down to be in the final against germany lol. and yeah, robben is one fine player.

10. Possibly Maybe

Nopes..
    They won because Australia (poor darlings!) couldn't find themselves. I personally don't know how they scored. They missed obvious opportunities that a simple face palm wouldn't be enough to express them. After that they had a very boring game.

Boring games goes to any team so far.. all the games i've seen have been b-o-r-i-n-g!!
    I'm disappointed so far. :dry:

11. Davy

Yeah with you there, Would need to see Germany over there next game or two to see if there good or Australia are just bad.

Denmark against Holland was extremely poor from what i was expecting. Just as well they have there looks because there football ability is lacking at the moment.

12. Possibly Maybe

I just gave up watching the game. Holland not living up to my expectations.

13. partietraumatic

I do hold it against them. Henry deliberately used his hand. Just because the ref didn't see it doesn't excuse it.

And i don't know why everyone is worrying about Holland. They won, despite not playing very well, and despite not having their best player on the pitch. Its much better to start slowly and improve than start brilliantly and trail off. Very few teams ever win the whole thing playing brilliantly.

Look at 06, Italy were rubbish to start with!

14. Davy

I don't think anyone is doubting there ability to win the tournament just the quality of football has not been to eye catching so far.

15. olides84

World Cup often has quite boring games, especially the first games because teams are afraid to lose. But what is making these ultra-boring is those damn vuvuzelas. Watching on TV you get ZERO atmosphere from the game, just the stupid drone.

I'm all for the banning of them. Tradition be damned. If S Africa wants this cup to be seen as successful from worldwide eyes, at least let us see/hear some atmosphere.

Oh, so far, most impressive team: No one really. Least impressive: Australia. They just downright imploded.

#55 olides84, Jun 14, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2010
  16. Possibly Maybe

Exactly!

Holland won? See, i didn't even knew that.

[off topic] I seem to be the only girl in this thread..[/offtopic]

17. booby

i tell this to everyone and they laugh .. im with Algeria lol :wink:

*doesnt feel like posting but still presses the button and leaves thread*

18. InaRut

To be honest, The Netherlands vs Denmark is not going to be an exciting game. The Netherlands we're obviously going to win it. Hahaha!

On the other hand, if I'm going to wake up early in the morning AT LEAST have some excitement for me!

19. Corny

Corny Guest

what? don't you hear the atmosphere :grin:
    [​IMG]

the worst thing is that this isn't even really a tradition. the original vuvuzela might be. but not trumping plastic trumpets in the soccer stadium.

20. pirateninja

I'm STILL seething because of stupid Green throwing away the USA match. Honestly, he's inconsistent and doesn't deserve to be on the squad.

I think I broke a few eardrums on Saturday because of that twat.