1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who made you question your sexuality?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bubbles123, May 14, 2015.

1. confusedbubble

Shania Twain.... Wow just wow

2. eightisgreat

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It was my childhood friend.
    I have a foot fetish and have always loved feet.

I thought to myself for a lot of years: I'm straight I just love man feet so what.
    But then when I started thinking of being in a relationship with a man, especially my friend, i really started questioning myself.

3. crystalgem

Out Status:
    A few people
    no one really made me question it..i just noticed i didn't feel the same way about guys as my friends did so i started wondering if i was demisexual or just asexual...eventually figured out i was gay. Buuut right now I have celeb crushes on Tegan and Sara lol

4. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

My friend. One day I just noticed how good her butt looked and I was stressing about it for like 2 weeks. Then sometimes she'd hug me and I'd get butterflies in my stomach and that freaked me out too back then (it was in 8th grade.) :slight_smile:

5. eightisgreat

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Tegan and Sara are awesome. My favorite duo!
    Tho I'm not in love with them since I'm a guy. xD They are still cool gals. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. FootballFan101

My friend was making a big deal over the female wrestler Paige saying how sexy she was and I was thinking "wait, what?" Then I thought oh am I gay? But I didn't find guys sex either.

7. kyoujin

I knew I wasn't straight since as young as I first fell for someone..

I've had sexual attraction to women, but never love. Therefore, my first "crush" was the first person of the same gender I had interest in.

#67 kyoujin, Aug 30, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2015
  8. Berru

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I fell in love with my best friend at the time when I was 12.
    I remember watching those t.a.t.u girls on tv, kissing each other, and then the thought struck me: I wanted to do those things to my friend.
    She rejected me and told the whole school, but she later set me up with a female friend of hers, and then I knew for sure.
    It felt so natural to kiss her and hold her hand and cuddle with her, I imagined it must be how girls usually felt about boys.

#68 Berru, Aug 30, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2015
  9. galaxygia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The first time I saw Willow and Tara together on Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Something about it just... clicked within me, and now I've never looked back about it.

10. ScaryClosets

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    It was my "Big Sister" and she had told my that she was Homosexual. I knew what that was and I thought I had started to gain feelings for her. Also my other friend, who was Bisexual. I started gaining feelings for her and it was weird.

11. Ameryllis

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just sort of always knew, since my whole life all my crushes have been on girls. Though I probably actually started realizing it after watching Harry Potter when I was 10, and noticing Emma Watson. :3 Also that year, there was a girl in my school who I became a little obsessed with, and my mom actually asked me if I had a crush on her. (I lied and said no. >.<)

12. Weregild

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    For a long time I kept my feelings for girls buried deep inside, despite finding myself attracted to them in various occasions and to an embarrassing extent.
    Then in 2013 I started "crushing" really hard on a guy. It was the first time something like that happened to me. Still, what I felt was very platonic because I didn't want anything to come out of it, the mere thought of being in an actual relationship with him made me want to puke. I think I cherished some kind of immaterial connection I thought we had; like it was more than a friendship, but not even close to a romantic relationship.
    In the end we stopped talking to each other, which I sometimes regret, but it gave me the opportunity to think everything through. It bothered me that I wasn't capable to imagine myself in a relationship with a guy, even though it was someone I was very fond of. I labelled myself as bisexual then, but now I don't know I want to be with any man at all.

13. GhostNeko

When I came out to my mother, she had talked me into questioning my sexuality. Which, of course I was mad at her for.

14. andimon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I always believed I was gay but one day it simply hit me: what if I am actually straight?

Yeah, I have always known I was different. I found the "gay/homo" label around.. 10 y.o. (?)

15. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My girlfriend. We'd known each other for years beforehand but for the few months before we started dating, we talked for hours, every night. I developed feelings for her and was jealous when she told me she had a crush on a girl but she didn't know if she was straight (it was me, I was jealous of myself) but I didn't really think of it that way. Finally, as I continued to be oblivious, she confessed feelings for me and I realized.

Ironically, several months into our relationship, it hit me that she wasn't my first female crush. There was a girl in my high school that I shared a lot of classes with. I looked up to her and always wanted to hang out with her and got so nervous every time she talked to me. At the time, I thought I just really wanted to be her best friend.

16. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

Wow, just realized I posted on this and I was the one who started it. Smart me:slight_smile:

17. Justinian20

For me it was really me who made myself question my sexuality due to my thoughts about guys moving to sex, but one random guy I befriended on Facebook actually got me thinking about whether I was gay or not. I answered to him that I was asexual, but then I looked back and realized I did feel sexual attraction to the same sex. I just needed an outside opinion to prove it to me because I was a little bit confused about all gay men supposedly being femme like the stereotype, but I came on this site and asked the questions that I needed to and I'm nearing a pretty impressive goal, I've been out for almost a year.

18. blaziken25

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Attraction to my best female friend.

19. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Girls' amazing cuteness!!! ^.^♥♥

Heh, well, more accurately, it was because there were rumors going around at school that I was gay, and I had never thought about it before, but once I did, I realized that dating a girl sounded like a pretty nice idea. :slight_smile:

I started to question it more seriously and think about it more often once I started reading lesbian romance stories online.

20. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

I was already questioning when I was 11 :wink: But not because of a girl.. The first girl (woman I should say) to ever make me question my sexuality was a cute Irish backpacker who came to work at my uncles pub when I was 13. Despite our age difference I literally fell for her.. Not as hard as I fell for the next backpacker though! But I really wanted this girl in my bed :lol: I like them older it seems. She was still only in her 30's though :wink:

Then there was a cute Canadian backpacker who came to work at my uncles pub when I was 15. She also was like 10 years older then me.. But God did I fall for her! I would leave the room and almost immediately think and say ''oh my god she's SO cute!'' She somehow knew I liked her but it was never a serious issue. Thank god. But yeah I was very love struck! xx

That's my story anyway! Sorry it's a little long! xx