1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who made you question your sexuality?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bubbles123, May 14, 2015.

1. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    <3 <3 <3 She's one of my early crushes too <3 <3 <3

Anyways, I watched lots of cartoons when I was a kid and there are 2 cartoon character I had crush on.

Johnny Bravo and Samurai Jack

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. LogicNoSense

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not exactly to question, but more of I was exposed to LGBT, and I was quite open towards it-then I had feelings for my different friends...turns out, when I confessed, it was more of a stress relief for some reason = = That was like...around 5 years ago?

3. Yosia

I'm pretty sure I have been attracted to any gender for pretty much all my life.

4. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A female friend of mine when I was young (Around 11/12). But not counting that, definitely my friend's lesbian sister, who I've met in High School. She was also my first girl-on-girl kiss.

5. Siarad

Flashdance - I first saw it when I was 13 and then watched it over and over again just for the women!

When it really hit home, though, was when I did a shift with a (lesbian) healthcare assistant who was like Shane/Frankie come to life ... She was/is utterly gorgeous and there was absolutely no denying that. That was when I first had the conversation with myself about "straight women probably aren't utterly attracted to other women... therefore..." !

6. MsAnchor

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    How unhappy I was and miserable trying to fit in with the 'social norm' of a relationship

7. sartorious

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    arfff

a senior when i was a freshmen in my middle school. he was the person in charge for the freshmen orientation program. i just thought damn he's hot, a year later i questioned myself and the year after that i came out to myself as gay

8. Lyana

Emma Watson was one of my first crushes... That was a good clue.

9. CyanChachki

I don't really know if it was so much of a question.. it was more like a sudden realization that I liked both men and women.. but there was a girl in my 7th grade class. It wasn't until like.. mid school year that I realized how I felt about her. I started asking myself if any of the other students where attracted to the same gender and that this must be what my teachers meant by "experiencing changes". Definitely not lol.

10. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Probably the first person I had (oral) sex with, who happened to be of the opposite sex...

11. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    A lesbian I followed unfollowed followed unfollowed follow on twitter. :icon_wink

12. biisme

Err... I don't even remember what made me think I might be bi.

:confused: Hmmm...it was like 7.5 years ago... guess that's too far back!

13. tscott

Junior High...I had a sleep over with a friend who fondled me and taught me to masturbate...being a good Catholic boy at the time, I was consumed by guilt. Didn't even make it part of my confession. Way too scared, and way too scared about what it might mean. No way, was I a "homo". Yet here I am.

14. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    A year ago I got a crush on a girl at school in my photo class. She is a lesbian, so I never pursued her or anything.

15. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    A girl in my class (grade 9), she had long strawberry blonde hair and blue eyes. I think she's the reason I have a weakness for blue eyes.

Then Ian Somerhalder 5 years ago. (I almost didn't write that but these days I'm trying not to ignore that small part of me.)

#35 XenaxGabby, May 15, 2015
    Last edited: May 15, 2015
  16. ccdd

ccdd Guest

Gillian Anderson :grin:

17. HugasaurusRex

No one other than myself. Or at least no one person. Rather people in general. I was 6 when I knew I was gay. I felt "different" to how other boys seemed to be. I was attracted to boy how the boys were attracted to girls though I did not know the word for it back then.....And I STILL want a gay Disney prince!

18. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's hard to say for sure...

But... In the early part of this millennium, I started writing a novel, which includes 2 gay characters. One of them, in fact, is the viewpoint character. I have commented it's bizarre that I could write thousands of words, in first person, from the viewpoint of a gay male (and I knew he was gay before I fired up the word processor the first time), and yet still be able to deny that I am gay--this is nothing short of an astounding case of denial at work... :dry:

But I think not long after, I started questioning myself. Not for the first time, but it was the first really serious questioning. Unfortunately, denial won in the end...

I have had plenty of attractions to guys I've seen in real life, but, again, denial won just about every time.

The first really strong attraction I recall was in 7th grade PE, when I saw I saw some 9th grade boy leave the locker room showers. But I didn't understand intellectually the strong feelings I had when I saw him. Or the feelings I had when I later saw other boys either nude or nearly nude after PE. And so 7th grade brought me not only the earliest attraction that can be dated, it also brought the earliest round of denial that can be accurately dated.

19. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

A fictional character lol

20. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    While not the first person to make me question my sexuality; Tilda Swinton. How can you stay asexual and find such a beautiful creature so damn sexy?! Then came the weird, sexy dreams... :***: Oh my! :wink: