1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who made you question your sexuality?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bubbles123, May 14, 2015.

1. Renegades

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    This girl who I had several mutual friends with. I was in 7th grade, and though we had never spoken before, I started noticing her more each day until I realized I had a crush on her. Since I had never really had crushes before then, it was pretty intense. Now I like to look back on my childhood and realize people I had small crushes on, even if I didn't know that was what they were.

2. Rodessenth

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Andy Biersack, Jensen Ackles, Stephen Amell. Andy made me consider, Jensen made it a little clearer, Stephen.......well at that point I knew.

3. AgenderMoose

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Mine was a friend of mine. We had been talking for a while and one day she confessed that she liked me. I got pretty flustered and, of course, feelings welled up inside me. I contacted one of my friends who was more experienced and was like "What do I do. HELP". I ended up dating that girl for a bit and...I actually think that was my first relationship. Huh.

4. IceCream

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Kristen Stewart in Twilight :lol: watching her made those films bearable (sorry Meyer fans...)

5. lonewolf79

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I had a crush on a guy at my school. I was at an all boys school, so there were many potentials but this one guy when I was in grade 11 made it stick... then I didn't like it, lol... but while at university I was slowly starting to realise that gay it is and that's that.

6. L0ser

A guy who lives a few states over from me. We met through a mutual friend, and though I'd only see him a handful of times a year I ended up falling for him hard. I can distinctly remember when it occurred to me that something was up with me, and that I was acting weird. Kind of embarrassing, I'm sure I've mentioned this somewhere on the forum before, but we ended up staying up late watching movies at a sleepover with a few people. Now, we had great chemistry and once everyone was asleep we decided to keep on watching stuff, so we shared a blanket and laid next to each other talking and laughing all night. Then at some point I fell asleep, and once I woke up he was gone. Had to leave for something, but I felt this weird sinking feeling and thought Oh, I didn't even get to say goodbye and I really really wanted to spend more time with him.

Sucks that we don't really hang out anymore, haven't seen him in nearly two years, but I texted him for a while and I would've asked him out if we lived closer. Only time I've been that head over heels, and god it took months to get over him and try to restrain my sappy texts.

7. bidemi

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My crush when I was 13,she was so beautiful but I tried so hard to convince myself that I was straight but damn I just wasn't :frowning2:

8. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A fictional character, actually. I was young, between 12-14 when it happened.

9. Blackrainbow

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was maybe about thirteen and ice skating with a friend, when I accidentally ran in to her from behind. My hand just briefly touched her bum, but I felt weird for ages afterwards. I think I just refused to understand the implications at that point. Three years later and a little more knowledgeable, I watched the music video for 'Somebody to Love' by the Boogie Pimps and once I realised I couldn't stop staring at the actress, something just sort of...clicked.

10. Box

Box

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Pasting my answer from another thread:

I was about 9 years old. I did something nice for a friend I used to play with after school. I don't remember exactly what, but she said something like "Omg I could kiss you right now!", and it made me blush, because I imagined how it would be to actually kiss her. She was so cute! As far as I know that was the first time I thought about a girl in that way.

I didn't think about it being weird at the time, and yet it was such a profound moment. I only realized years later that it meant that I should question my sexuality.

11. AnAtypicalGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Nobody. Regardless of all the obvious non-hetero attraction that I felt, I passed it all off as normal (for straight people) for years. I only began questioning it out of my own curiosity and boredom.

12. rebelAssassin

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    A transgender friend of mine on the app musical.ly. He was live streaming one day and I was sending him messages as he did (because you can do that on live.ly) and he kept laughing, and at one point he said something like "You're too great, J" (that's what I had them call me back then) and I just had this 'oh, crap' moment. I did some research, and the term 'pansexual' came to my ears, and I just knew that was me. I'd never been attracted to someone as strongly, and I hope he never finds out (I wish he had an account on here though, I've been grounded and unable to speak to him since August)

13. SunbroIbex

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Myself?
    When I started having sexual fantasies about guys while fapping.

14. Kaden216

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    During the summer after my first year of college, I started having romantic dreams about my best friend. I confessed that I loved her, but she was interested in someone else. However, she remained (and still remains) an important support in my life, even though my feelings have changed to more platonic than romantic (and she has a girlfriend now). (*hug*)

When I was coming out to my other friends and family later, I realized that I had been in love with my other best friend as early as middle school but didn't put two-and-two together until much later. I think my mom kinda knew something was up even back then. :icon_razz

15. Lynz

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First was Salma Hayek when watching From Dusk till Dawn when I was 13. Google it. Oft! :slight_smile:

16. Hunter8

Honestly, it was around 7th grade when we started undressing in PE locker rooms. I found myself excited and didn't understand why. I noticed I was more self-conscious stripping down to my undies than most guys around me were, and I became a bit more embarrassed when some guys I thought were really "cool looking" (my way of describing guys I thought were hot at the time) saw me in my underwear.

I also kept noticing odd things. I noticed that Jake was wearing nice red underwear today and that Jimmy had some really developed arm muscles. Little things finally added up into the realize that WOW! Yep, I'm gay. Lol

17. meistro

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    a good friend i'd known since third grade...we were skateboarding buddies and one day I just started to look at him differently...he's straight but my feelings towards him weren't lol

18. NoPlaceLikeHomo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A girl named Caroline in my sixth grade class was SO GODDAMN CUTE. I'm still trying to figure out if she's straight or not. She said some things that made me wonder...