1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What was your reaction when you found out your orientation?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by shotonthechest, Dec 3, 2014.

1. BelleFromHell

Me shortly before my 16th birthday; "So... I'm not actually aromantic or asexual at all? I have romantic and sexual desires? I love my best friend in a non-platonic way? WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT?!"

2. rowena14

Mine is a sad case I always felt different growing up I liked things that weren't specific to my gender. I met a trans and I didn't realize what he was and I went to a club with him. I seen a couple dancing and I got nervous and talked to him about it. We and several of his friends talked openly about the subject and I started to realize there was in common than I thought. This will get you angry I met a guy we became good friends until one day he turned on me. My dad said always drink with friends not strangers. So I took his advice and had a drink with this guy. Short and sweet he drugged me, he raped me, and dumped me back at my apartment. Nobody even my family believed me. I said fuck it and went on sex binge. Mad at the world. I lost all respect for me and my body. Along the way I found out I really have always felt feminine so I started dressing up in little ways that I felt nobody would notice. It was by doing this that I realized just how feminine I really was.

3. PositivelyMe

Out Status:
    Some people
    Anxiety and a lot of confusion. For my entire life, I had imagined myself being with a guy; I thought that the reason that I didn't have feelings for any of them was because I hadn't found the right one.

Meanwhile, I always noticed when a girl was attractive and found myself wanting to be with her. Which made me feel guilty, as that wasn't "normal".

I became more comfortable with it as I went along.

4. Melanie

Melanie Guest

My reaction was "No, it cant be." then "Yes, I'm gay" then "No, theres no way!" then "Yes, I'm a lesbian" then "Nope. I'm deleting my account here on EC. I'll just put it out of my mind. Who really cares anyway?"

You get the idea.

5. LostLion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I started getting signs of my sexuality not being the 'accepted' one in middle school. At first I tried to push it back and ignore and it lasted through out most of high school.

I asked out a few girls in high school and tried to ask out any girl nice to me. I got rejected by every girl as they saw my lack of confidence as a massive turn off.

Once I started college I couldn't keep pushing my sexuality aside and I slowly started to realize that I wasn't going through a phase and I started to drink a lot.

it's been a roller coaster ride the last few years, but the shield of denial I built up for years finally came apart my sophomore year when I started having drunken breakdowns and started telling people that I was gay or bisexual, or not completely straight.

I don't think I really accepted myself, but more so understood that it if I didn't deal with my sexuality then I would have it exposed in ways I don't want.

So I just woke up one day and started telling a few people very close too me.

Kind of like a situation where I am scared to be in this predicament, but rather tell people myself then have them find it out through other less favorable outlets.

TL;DR/Short Version:

I don't completely accept myself, but I came to the realization that I will eventually have to live a normal, positive life. I started off in denial but am slowly working up to normalcy.

6. MusicislifeXD

I was like: "Da fuuuq? What is this that is happening to me?!?"
    But it's all okay now! I love being bi!

7. Rosalynn

Sometimes I get the feeling that I will never know........ *sigh

8. Ohanra

Ohanra Guest

It was a gradual thing for me too... I was about 11-12 when I first realised that I had no interest in boys compared to my friends... I just wanted to be around girls the whole time and my love of shoes footsie with other girls was in overdrive then, that gradually turned into arousal as I got into my teens and led to my first lesbian moment.
    I never at any point felt anything but 'oh well this is me' - I had a nightmare with my family initially which hasnt really improved much into adult life. I do think its easier for girls though, I dont envy the guys - it seems so much more acceptable for girls compared to the boys which is so very unfair.

9. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    My sexual orientation is more a result of my gender identity. So my process was like "okay if I'm not a girl or a boy...how could I be attracted to the 'same' or 'opposite' or 'both' sexes? I can't." I guess my reaction was more of a logical conclusion.

10. EDMJunkie

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Fuck.

I was sort of upset that this had to happen to me. My life sucked enough already, and now this? I kinda hated myself for that. And because I was scared of what the future held for me.

But that was then, and this is now. I'm happier today than I was back then. It was worth it. :slight_smile:

11. LunaticSoul

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Omg! How could I have been so fucking blind! :eusa_doh: - first reaction ever.

12. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't know when I found out actually. I always knew I liked both genders and I came out to my that time boyfriend when I was about 14...it is really early. Then, after some experience, when I was 16, I started to understand that I might not like guys in 'that' way. So it started with a deep deep denial, ignoring it. But after all, I felt so stupid for not noticing signs when I was younger...

13. kem

kem

"Oh my god! I'm so..."

[​IMG]

14. tulman

Never had a big epiphany moment or felt guilty or different. The opportunity for sex with other boys came about 5 or 6 years before I was with a girl. And that was no big deal either. I always found boys more desirable and exciting than girls. It just happened that way and I never wasted my time trying to figure it all out or felt a need to tell the world.

15. Dvr

Dvr Guest

Still not figured it out yet. I can't decide weather or not I'm bi or just gay.

16. Morse Code

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    By the time I finally admitted to it, I knew it for a long time.

17. Takine

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
  18. DinelodiiGitli

Heck yessss, I can cuddle all the genders and love all the peoples!
    [​IMG]

19. nah nah nah can't be
    *5 minutes later*
    Well it makes sense......?
    *one night of google searches later*
    Um okay..... I guess....
    *two homophobic parents later*
    well this stinks
    *one EC later*
    WOOOOO QUEERNESS :grin: