1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What was your reaction when you found out your orientation?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by shotonthechest, Dec 3, 2014.

1. TheNinaThing

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    i was that 8 year old who was like "wait what do you mean not everyone has crushes on both Remus AND tonks" so i mean...
    I also remember thinking when i was 11 "miranda cosgrove is hot, but wait shes a girls...still hot though" she was the only reason i watched icarly lol dont judge

but when i was little, like really young (3,4,5) i would flirt with E V E R Y O N E
    so i guess there wasn't much of a surprise...

2. Pie

Pie Guest

I was pretty happy to have sorted it out. And it also gave me a reason to be interested in politics, and it opened my mind and I became more tolerant to basically everyone.

At the same time, I became mostly intolerant of religious fundamentalists.

So, overall: Happiness!

3. jAYMEGURL

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Dear Shotontthechest,

I found out that I was gay four years ago. It was really weird for me, but my girlfriend,
    ( then ) told me that I was gay, but that it was okay because everyone is different,
    but I was only attracted to her as a friend, and because she was so damn hot!!!! ( okay!!!!!, Jamie was twenty-two
    yrs. old, and a real hottie with long, brown hair, I'm a sucker for long hair ).

I " came out " two years ago because I just couldn't take living a lie anymore.
    ( People thought I was attracted to girls, sexually, and NOTHING could be farther
    from the truth ). Yes, " coming out " was quite painful, emotionally, but I felt I had to do this. Looking back on this decision, I don't know if I'd do this again, I didn't realize that this would be such a negative thing, and that my action would give people
    negative thoughts.

but then I realized that I'm ME, and I care about people, but I don't care about their stupid opinions. A month after I came out, I moved to my forever home in Huntely,
    and five months later, my body changed from male to female, ( my chest grew breasts,
    my already small penis shrank even further, and became my clitoris, and my flat boy-butt
    grew outward, becoming really full and fat, and my butthole became my boy-pussy.

This past summer, I threw caution to the wind and became Transgendered, forsaking my old-manhood for woman-hood, ( which I really want to look like, because women are so pretty ). Our local goodwill store helped out, as well as our Wal-Mart. To be transgendered, it takes a lot of guts, ( or stupidity ) to go out in public dressed as a girl, but I look so damn hot!!!! and I almost wrecked one new marriage, with jealousy.

Summertime was great, fall was awful, because my mom found all of my feminine clothing and threatened to burn everything if I didn't get rid of it. Iand now winter isn just horrible because it's so damn cold out and I can't play " dress-up " and be myself.

It helps to write to someone, maybe you can write back to me,

Jayme

4. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yup...it was pretty clarifying for me...gave me lots of energy and perspective at 16 to drive me through the rest of my adolescence. It was helpful to formally recognize that I didn't have to limit myself to just one set of attractions.

5. Stripe101

6. Buttermilk

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Sigh, first post ever... let's see how this goes:
    So when I found out, i guess i acted neutrally because I was practically in complete denial, being Catholic and all that. And when I finally accepted it, it felt almost like resignation; I wasn't happy about it, but I wasn't angry or sad either... I guess I knew for a while but only allowed myself to accept homosexuality bit by bit, with the final push coming from having a crush on this hot (sadly straight) boy from gym class :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. Shieldmaiden

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Very surprised. I was 24 when I realized I was starting to feel attracted to women. I had been aware for several years prior that I wasn't into guys, but I figured I was asexual. This was also when I came off heavy medication though, so it may have been dampening things (as was what I took it for).

My family was relieved I was at least interested in one sex though.

8. Randomcloud

Stressed and depressed at first...I assumed my life would become ten times harder and my parents would react badly etc. But when I became more comfortable with it and letting others know, I felt happy. Like myself

9. Azrael

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    14 year old. Very stressed out and hurt by myself because it was a transitional moment in my life. Self-denial soon followed, but in the end I am who I am, and if being gay is terminal, so be it. It's a little strange though, I became more open about my sexuality in school, as I sank deeper into depression.

10. sbdn910

Out Status:
    Some people
    Only came out a month ago and at am nervous that this will make it more difficult for me to date in a healthy manner and eventually have a family as I still want children.

11. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

I was like.. ''well what the FUCK. Whatever as long as you don't turn into a pedo who goes after young girls i'm fine with you and your weird attractions'' Over the years i've realised that I just simply love girls like a straight guy loves a girl. Exept I AM a girl!

That was just one of my reactions.. I can't recall if it was the first one though.

I also started noticing how often I looked at womens boobs and asses and one day it suddenly just clicked that it wasn't the way alot of other girls look at women. :wink:

#111 ChloeKiss, Dec 30, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2014
  12. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  13. ZestyLion

I was really scared, and I didn't really believe it at first.
    It was very confusing for me and I didn't know what was happening. I never thought anything about it until then and then I doubted it. I thought that I was just "trying to be gay" because it was in the news a lot and my family is really accepting. Over time I realized that this was not the case and that I truly am gay.

14. Themis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    A few months after I turned 17 did I notice that I was attracted to some guys. And from within you have kind of always known that you could be attracted to guys. For years did I think that was a phase but now I thought it might be the other way around. So I thought I was gay, because you know, you're either straight or gay, so I had to be honest with myself

But I was just so confused. Just a few months before I was so madly in love with a girl I met on vacation. And a few months before that I had a huge crush on another girl... it was weird to call yourself gay while writing a story about that amazing girl you met and while at the same time trying to act really cool when I walk past the house of that other girl I loved before.
    After a couple of confusing weeks I changed my label back to a questionmark.
    Eventually I came across an article about bisexuality, that it was far more common than most people thought, and that it's not even necessary that you're attracted equally to both genders. When I read that paper the first thing I thought was "YES! That's it! Finally I understand it... I'm not straight, not gay, but bi"
    And shortly after that I fell in love with another girl.

15. ForeverYoung000

After all these years of questioning my sexuality. I knew that I always had a preference for girls since the 5th grade. But I was just indenial and fearful.

Attached Files:

16. BrandonInWI

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I truly believe I was born gay. I always kinda knew but was in denial I guess. My mom said she also kinda knew before I told her and wasn't surprised. I always felt most comfortable playing Barbies, fashion model dress up, making jewelry, doing makeup and nails with the girls in the neighborhood. I was always most nervous around the boys and always was seeking their attention and wanting their approval. Highschool was tuff cuz I was confused and dated girls even though it was the football players I wanted LOL! Sneaking home to wear my sisters clothes, wearing my sexiest tiniest shorts to sleepovers, wanting to take baths with my guy friend were also clues lol! A big clue for me was when I found my dad's Penthouse and was most turned on by the naked guy rather then the girl and loving a dirty letter about two guys having sex by a pool lol! Senior year in highschool was when I finally had my first gay experience and although it was far from wonderful I knew then totally for sure. I finally came out in college (it was easier being away from home) and though I lost some friends I gained so many more awesum ones! I never regret coming out and that helped me confirm my identity as well!

17. Notlad

I always thought I was Bi, and then I realized my relationships with girls just weren't doing it for me. But my relationships and crushes on guys were much more significant.

My initial reaction was, well, I'll be my mom's second gay kid, and I'm really not sure how that's going to work.

18. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

Do you have another gay brother or sister?

19. Images and Words

damn, just when i thought i was straight *punches air with fist*

20. Shadows123

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've always had known liked guys but I had never thought about my orientation until I was 13 and I was in denial until I was 15, like I would get offended really bad if someone asked me. After I came to terms with my orientation I was like "oh cool, I can finally love myself for who I am.” :slight_smile: