1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What was your reaction when you found out your orientation?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by shotonthechest, Dec 3, 2014.

1. PandaFlop

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    When I first realized that was gay I was scared of my family, coming out to them. See, I come from a Muslim family, but I am an Atheist, but when my dad found this out he was angry. So, now I am even more scared about telling him. I tried hard to change but I couldn't, I often stayed up all night just thinking about it. But today I am happy with myself and who I am. :slight_smile:

2. Formality

3. Celatus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    *looks around a room* He's kinda cute...
    Then I figured it out pretty quickly haha.
    Oddly enough I don't feel guilty about it, I just kind of accept that's how I feel. And what's not to like? :grin:

#163 Celatus, Feb 14, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2015
  4. Wolf of The Baltic

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well first I found I was a metrosexual when I started to worry about my appearance more.(yes I am a metrosexual as it says on the left, it's not just for laughs) as for my reaction I started realizing how much better I look then from like two years ago.

As for being a homosexual, I didn't react as much as most would suspect. I just kind of went on with life just looking at guys as attractive more than girls.

5. hullaballoo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I suddenly realised it when I was saying some facts and statistics to my friends. One of them was something-along-the-lines-of that 1 out of 10 people aren't straight. And then I found out that I was the non-straight one.

6. YunoGasai

this was back when i was 10 btw.so when i first fount out i liked guys i straight away said to myself "yay I'm special" then after thinking about it for a year or two and what i heard on the news about how people treated the lgbt community i went into a deep state of denial.
    2 years later i have severe depression and i didn't know why so i just thought for a while and realised that lying to myself for so long so this was one of the things that was causing my emotions to go out of control. so i told someone about 2 weeks ago and i feel great about myself now.and i told someone else a week ago and her reaction was perfect
    me : im bi
    her : i didn't know that
    me :astonished:k
    if its this easy every time i might just come out to everyone :slight_smile:
    this is probably on the wrong thread

7. Kazekage

In my hometown were like 500 people, we had to go to a different city for high school, and everybody was kinda like "Nobody will ever know me muahahahah" so nobody actually talked about anything. So as I grew up, I liked guys, I liked girls. Just the normal crushes you know? Things like "they're so pretty" I thought that was a norm. When I got to High School in 5th grade [different country we have a different system than America] and I had a small crush on one of my girl friends and I told my best friend and she stared at me like "So you're gay" and at the time I was like "no, i just think she's pretty" and my friend just shrugged and was like "whatever". And growing up with homophobic neighbors, I was scared and kind of tried to opress it I guess?

After a while I forgot about it and then my family dragged me with them to America at the beginning of eighth grade. I think every school has them around here, but there was this small group of people that were openly gay and I found them really facinating because I never actually met people that weren't afraid to show that they were gay. Then I sorta kinda fell in love with this one girl and I had a metaphorical panic attack when I figure out I was in love with her, not just a crush, I was actualy in love with this person. That's when I was trying to figure out if I'm gay or not.

First thing I figured was that I wasn't gay, I liked guys too, but I wasn't straight either. So first thought: I'm bi. But it didn't fit me. Then I noticed that I didn't care about gender at all, i found out this girl was actually a trans male. And I didn't care. I was just like "nevermind I like a dude not a girl, just fyi"and i got worried. I wasn't normal. Then the new girl that ate lunch with me talked about her girlfriend, and I was like "she can help me figure this crap out" and when I asked if she was gay I thought I stepped over a line because of the look she gave me. Turned out she thought I was against that. So anyway, she said that she was pansexual. I never heard of that and asked if she could explain it to me. From the way it sounded, that was exactly what I was. I was happy for a while.

Then came a new thing. Now in my freshmen year, my friends are pretty much all Tom Hiddleston fans, and they were talking about....things....they would...uh...do to him. I thought they were kidding. I was always kinda freaked by the idea of sex. I emntioned that to my friend, the same one that's pan, and she asked if I could be asexual.

I googled, went on A.V.E.N., read some articles, watched youtube videos etc. The day I figured I was Panromantic Asexual was actually during a Choir rehearsal. It was random. My friend was making a comment about how she was going to go on a date later and that she hoped he was going to "F*** her so hard she won't remember her name" I just thought about how somebody would want that and that it was kinda gross and that I could care less.

So after 5 years of denial, depression, lying, hiding in a closet and falling in love, eventually coming a bit out of the closet etc. I figured it out I was a panromantic asexual.

My reaction: That explains my love for cake
    My friends reaction:buys me a dairy queen cake and says "I always knew you're not friends with me because I'm hot. I appreciate it."
    Me:.....ok?
    Her: are you saying I'm ugly?!
    Me: What? NOOOOO!!!!!!
    Her: I raised you well.
    Me: you're weird.
    Her: you love me and you know it. so how are things with [name of my crush]
    Me:....how do you even-nevermind I don't want to know how you figured that out. You would only make a Loki reference or something else weird that creeps out everybody.
    Her: I have my sources. Now eat the cake or I'll make you. THIS IS MY BARGAIN YOU MEWLING QUIM!
    Me: ....I created a monster
    Her: No, you brought the monster!
    Me: stop quoting the Avengers!

that follows with us eating the oreo cake from dq. and quotes from marvel movies. The thought that I am like my friends terrifies me.

8. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I am still questioning my orientation.

9. Ryu

Ryu

Pfft. Yay, I guess...

10. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I wasn't ashamed. I was more scared of what my mom would think. But I knew without a doubt when my friend in high school kissed me. I was like, "Oh... So that's why I didn't feel fireworks when my ex-boyfriend kissed me." But when she kissed me... Holy... O_O

11. ImInTheCloset

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I had and still have a lot of conflicts with my sexual orientation. I felt confused and tried denying it for the longest time. In the town and home I grew up in if they knew I was homosexual my life would have been worse than it already was and I would of lost the few friends I had.