1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wearing women's clothes

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Alisa Arwen, Oct 13, 2014.

1. Alisa Arwen

Maybe. I suppose it depends on how open minded she can be.

She would still love me I guess.

There is one relative though that I am certain would struggle. I can't blame him, it's his upbringing I guess. Just can't cope with the thought of losing him in such a manner.

#81 Alisa Arwen, Jan 10, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2015
  2. Lazuri

It's important to think about your own happiness and not just the happiness of others. I have some relatives that I think might become unhappy too, but if they decide not to accept me for who I am it's a choice that they made, not a choice I made for them.

It's important that you think about the things you sacrifice though and how much you really want to transition if that really is what you want. I mean, if you're generally okay with being male then there's little need to abandon a ship that is not sinking.

Personally I realized that I would never become truly happy if I didn't do this. My ship is sinking and everybody who disapproves of my choices are just trying to make me go down with the ship.

3. Alisa Arwen

I suspect I probably will decide I am happy with being male. But there'll always be that part of me.

I would be tremendously unhappy if I were to lose him. He's helped me through some terrible times (depression, losing my grandfather, suicide of my uncle).

What I want is to be content with who I am. Gender, sexuality, appearance, personality, health, fitness....I guessit can't be that hard, can it? :slight_smile:

4. Lazuri

Well, becoming who you wanna be doesn't just happen. It requires some deep thought on what you really want and then some sacrifices and/or hard work might follow.

But I'm sure that through patience and some help from friends and your partner, you'll figure it out.

5. Alisa Arwen

Thanks. I am sure whatever happens I'll never be a 100% 'man' in my personality or 100% straight.

I'll try to enjoy this process. And I'll stay on this site to do what i can for other people and to keep and make friends.

:slight_smile:

And I will still be seriously envious of some women for the shape of their bodies and how good their hair and clothes look in those contexts...sighhhh

Genderfluid? :slight_smile:

6. Lazuri

Possibly. But it's probably better to not focus on labels and focus on what you want and how to achieve that in the way that works best.

Sorry if I'm a bit slow. I'm reading a book and drinking tea.

7. Alisa Arwen

Morning all.

Afternoon even. Another lateish night for me.

Tea sounds good...I'll go and make some.

Well it's an interesting experience whatever comes out of it. It's only part of my identity. And you're right about labels. :slight_smile:

My comment on envy however still stands.

What book are you reading, Abigail?

8. Lazuri

I'm actually tandem reading. I'm rereading "World War Z" at the same time as I'm reading the complete works of Edgar Allan Poe.

9. Alisa Arwen

For me reading more than one book at a time results in reading neither, but I suppose it helps in stretching one's mind.

10. Lazuri

It helps when you're bored to tears stuck at your parents house.

It also works really well with these specific books as Edgar Allan Poe's works consists of short stories and World War Z also consists of short stories that create an overarching plot line. Well, technically it's a recreation of an overarching plotline.

11. Alisa Arwen

THat bad? :\

I haven't read any of Poe's works. Maybe I'll look into it.

12. Lazuri

I spend most of my free time playing video games and there's none of that here. The most I can do with this PC is play Cards Against Humanity online.

For some reason I never did read through all of Edgar Allan Poe's stuff despite adoring all the things that I -have- read from him. "The Raven" is probably my favorite piece of literature of all time.

13. Alisa Arwen

Haha cards against humanity is great. What video games do you play?

So....do you wear dresses and or heels?
    I enjoy it when I do...(I wish my dress fitted better ).

14. Lazuri

It's fun. There's a clone of the game that's called "Pretend you're Xyzzy" that is literally the same thing and can be played online, just google it.

What games do I play? That's kind of a big question, I play a lot of games for both console and PC. Lately I've been snowed in on Titanfall which has taken up most of my gaming time the last few weeks before I went to my parents. Then there's Diablo III and Guild Wars 2 that I don't play all the time, but have frequent relapses in. My favorite game of all time is Okami though, tightly followed by Journey.

I actually only own one dress, which is a Darth Vader minidress, but I don't wear it because it shows my shoulders. I'm saving the dresses for when I'm thinner.

In the meantime I mostly roll with shirts and skirts like on the picture I have on here. Shame it doesn't show the skirt, though, it's layered and looks tattered, which reminds me of Morticia's dress.

I do wear high heel boots too, though they're not knee-highs and stiletto heeled like the ones in your picture.

15. Alisa Arwen

Huh ok I will look for it. I might have tried it actually.

I haven't got a PC that's up for gaming. I play a few older games on it sometimes. Strategy games like Total War or Tropico .
    I also loved Star Wars Knights of The Old Republic. The first one.
    And Portal.

My console gaming has been limited as I don't have a current gen console and didn't get a PS3 until 2013 and that's part owned with a friend. The one game I really want to try is Shadow of the Colossus. I would love to play more games but it dig into the time I put into music.

I have one dress. But I have put on weight and it's not fitting well. I suspect I might go for what you do. The shirt and skirt. It would make it easier to work out what fits.

The boots are a bit extreme I guess. But I like them even if they're not practical. I would also like to find other womens boots without those heels but I have huge feet...

16. Lazuri

I love Knights of the Old Republic and both Portal games. I've played them a lot. Never had the patience for strategy games, though. Like, I think they can be fun, but I'm terrible at them. Brütal Legend is good though because it's only one of two Action RTS games I know of, which basically means that it plays like a strategy game but you actually play as a commander character and take part in the battle yourself. Though I always play it with a friend who's a real strategy guy so it usually ends with him controlling the battlefield and creating/moving troops while I act as a frontline commander and fight with the troops. 'Tis a lot of fun.

I don't own a current gen console either and I honestly haven't felt I needed one yet. The only game I'm sad that I'm missing out on is Sunset Overdrive, the rest either dont interest me or came out for PC too. Shadow of Colossus is pretty good and looks absolutely beautiful, but I don't like the controls personally. They're cumbersome.

The shirt and skirt combo gives you a lot of options, that's why I like it.

Shoe size is a problem for most trans women. Like, I have fairly small feet for a male, but I still have difficulties finding women's shoes that fit and when I do, it's usually more expensive. It's a pain.

17. Alisa Arwen

Awesome to find someone who likes KOTOR.I must confess to being a huge Star Wars fan.

That Brutal Legend sounds interesting. I might look it up

What size feet do you have? I am about 46 or 48 European size.

---------- Post added 11th Jan 2015 at 06:23 PM ----------

Help me find a skirt and shirt combo I could suit?

Wonderful though my fiancée is she isn't into clothes much.

18. Lazuri

Probably not as big of a Star Wars fan as I am.

I think you'd like Brütal Legend actually. It's a lot about music, specifically metal. It basically takes place in a world where everything looks like it came off the cover of a metal album and tells the story about conflicts between different factions that represents specific types of metal like classic cetal, glam metal, Goth/deat/symphonic metal and industrial metal. The main characters are voiced by Jack Black and Jennifer Hale (who did the voice for Bastilla in KotOR) and the rest of the cast consists of various metal artists such as Ozzy Osbourne, Lemmy Kilmister and Lita Ford.

My feet are somewhere between 41 and 42, so they're not terribly big.

I'm actually not terribly good at clothes either. Or well, I'm good at matching them and stuff like that--give me a game with a character editor with lots of clothes and my characters will all look amazing--but I'm terrible at finding them since shopping was never my thing.

That's where my fiancée comes in. She is a straight up fashionista and -loves- clothes. I tell her I want a corset, she'll come back later with a webpage with great corsets that is shutting down and are having an "everything must go" sale. She finds me the stuff I want and frequently show me things I would look good in. I swear, when we have more money she's going to treat me like a runway model.

I am, however, terrible and probably can't help you much in finding stuff. But you're British, do you live near London? I know there are a lot of really good clothing stores in London. My fiancée didn't want to leave when she went there a year ago.

19. Alisa Arwen

I wouldn't bet on being a bigger fan than me. You might be but it would take some doing. My fiancee is mildly amused as to the extent.

Haha I don't have the patience for shopping unfortunately. Or fortunately. Depending on ones perspective.

London is about a 5 hour journey for me. Not impossible I suppose but I would not just go for a day or something.

I have been tempted to post a picture on here of myself dressed up. Anomymised though. What do you think? ?

---------- Post added 11th Jan 2015 at 07:27 PM ----------

Actually please encourage me to post one. I kinda want to. It would be a small step forward.

20. Lazuri

It would probably be a battle of the ages. I'm well versed in the extended universe, even though it's no longer canon. Some days I sit on wookiepedia and just go from article to article reading about random stuff.

I don't have the patience for it either. Luckily my fiancée isn't that obnoxious when she's shopping despite being into fashion. When we enter a store she looks back and forth, analyzing the store inventory like some sort of fashionista Terminator and then either say "screw this, let's go" or "there might be something here."

Five hours is definitely not an overday shopping trip, no. But if you ever find yourself there it's a really good place, apparently. I should really go to London some day. It's really cheap to fly there from Sweden.

Posting a picture would be a big step and you should absolutely do it.