1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wearing women's clothes

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Alisa Arwen, Oct 13, 2014.

1. Chef

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    cute

2. Alisa Arwen

I think my closest friends would accept as would my partner. They might need time I guess. Some friends would probably be okay but wouldn't be able to see me as anything other than a guy.

Could I be in denial over my gender?

3. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You might tell him you're still the same... you'd be like your female twin... and you could still talk about mens stuff :slight_smile:.

You might have a look here:
    http://emptyclosets.com/forum/gender-identity-expression/155543-not-female-not-male-but.html#2

I'd say take your time...
    ask if you have further questions... people will try to support you...

You might play a bit with hairstyle and clothing style... sweaters one or two sizes bigger, unisex or womens trousers, etc... what you feel comfortable with... there are threads on clothing... it can be fun... and you could do it gradually...

You might for example talk to a gender therapist, a counselor or someone from an lgbt center, if that's what you want... saying you want some counseling...

I would do things I'm comfortable with, don't feel pressured to do something... its your decision...
    There is no only one right way to do this.
    Its your choice what you want to do...

You might look for support groups, maybe in your local lgbt center...

(*hug*)

4. Lazuri

Could be, yeah.

I was for the longest time and I regret it immensely now.

It's important to be able to listen to yourself but also remember not to force anything. Forcing yourself down a road you will later regret will end badly for you, that includes denying your gender if you were to be trans.

Maybe you should try representing even more female with your partner to see how it feels. Just go the whole nine yards with female clothing, make up, fake breasts, maybe a corset to get the female figure--though they're fairly expensive--and just see how it feels.

If you feel more "you" than ever before and want to be like that every day, then it might be time you stopped denying and face yourself.

Alternatively you might feel like that and then anfew days later it's gone, or you don't and a few days later you feel like you do. Then you might be genderfluid.

Sometimes it's hard to figure your shit out and Inthink experimenting and practical tests, if available, is the best method. If it works for science, it works for this.

5. Alisa Arwen

Thanks for your replies. First of all, this post:

http://emptyclosets.com/forum/gender-identity-expression/150966-androgyne-identity.html#14

I definitely identify with some of what the member posting has said, though I have never really wished to present myself as androgynous. It could, however, be an experiment worth trying to see how it makes me feel.

I think I could try some of those. I'd have to lose some weight first (I am very overweight) but it could be worth trying.

As for talking to a counselor...maybe. It would probably be essential eventually if my experimenting led away from a male identity.

I have experimented a little around my finacee.. Thing is, we live a long way from each other (she's in Scandinavia, and I use partner because I think she prefers that to girlfriend). I have tried a corset once, though I don't think it was sized for me. I sometimes wear a dress and/or boots when I'm with her, which I enjoy the feeling of. Last time we were together I wore a long wig a couple of times, which felt good. But then I looked at myself in the mirror with these clothes, the wig, and I see a masculine face with a bit of facial hair...and it doesn't add up. I like both to some extent, but not together. Unfortunately I don't think i can experiment like this living at home with my family.

I suspect I would lean towards wishing being a woman, gender-wise, if asked today, but I don't think I'd want to be biologically female, completely anyway. I don't have a problem with male genitalia and we have a satisfying and varied sex life.

6. Lazuri

A scandinavian, eh?

Anyways, ya could transition but keep your pecker. Alternatively you can just screw hormones and exercise your way to a more feminine body with specific exercises, maybe get some voice therapy and shave frequently. There's also some good wqys to use makeup to hide masculine facial features. I think that way you can present female enough but keep the physical advantages of being male, if you desire.

7. Alisa Arwen

Yes, Norway though I am afraid :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I spent Christmas and New Year there :slight_smile:

Not knowing much about how the hormones work, could you explain a bit more or point me in the right direction for information?

8. Lazuri

While there's more technical details on its effects, the gist of it is that it changes the fat distribution from male to female. Basically your body stops depositing fat in typically male areas like shoulders and waist and put it around the hips, thighs and chest area instead. Basically, it makes you look more female. Other effects can include thinner and more slow growing body hair, change in curl and traits of hair, thinner and less oily skin and a constant lust for chocolate.

That last one was a joke, but you get the gist--it generally makes you appear more female.

The list of potential effects is much longer than what I said, but it's not without drawbacks. It might affect your libido for example by making sexual arousal less common and erections harder, and not in the good way. Sperm count is also massively reduced until completely nullified. The sterility isn't permanent though and you can still reproduce if you go off hormones. Then there are things that aren't affected like facial hair and voice. If you're through puberty, that ship has sailed.

9. Alisa Arwen

I already have a constant lust for chocolate...how am I doing so far? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

So the redistribution of fat would give wider hips and develop breasts? Ok.

The effect on my sex life would worry me. Then again, maybe sex wouldn't bother as much, and my partner is asexual and has no sex drive. She loves having sex, but doesn't have any need for it and wouldn't miss it. It could still put me off though. Having children isn't such a big deal.

I guess the voice and facial hair are for good - I am 25.

10. Lazuri

Wider hips? Yes. Breasts? Also yes, but with varying results. It's pretty rare for hormone treatment to result in breasts of cis female quality. Also, biological males have a wider ribcage so breasts that would look big on a woman looks small in comparison on a transfemale. Top surgery is popular to get more appropriate chesticles.

The thing about the sexual drive is that since you're feeling the desire less, I'm not sure you'd miss it. My fiancee is pretty much asexual at this point too while I have a high drive. Personally I'd like if hormones would reduce my sex drive a little bit because I think it'd improve my relationship.

Also, while hormones don't--or at least rarely-- affect facial hair or voice, you can still do stuff about it. Facial hair--and whatever other body hair, for that matter--can be removed through various hair removal treatments. Your voice doesn't even require surgery, it's solely a matter of practice and completely passing feminine voice is completely within the range of just about every biological male. There is vocal surgery too, but it's impossible to know the result beforehand. It's pretty much a fucking lottery so I don't recommend it.

11. Alisa Arwen

Surgery is not something that appeals to me really. I suppose it would be something that would be a 'wait and see'.

I would miss sex. I am sure she would too in her own way. She enjoys the intimacy of it, and I feel we're just starting to come into our own with sex (neither of us have had sexual partners before) and it would be hard to give that up. Though I guess there are things other than intercourse.

I think I'd manage the voice. I have a pretty big vocal range. Singing might be hard for me though...

12. The Virgo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Even though i'm late to the party i'd like to throw this into the pool... Maybe you should try drag. It's easier than going under the knife to change things and a lot cheaper. Drag can be a job for some and a lifestyle the power of makeup can change the manliest of men into fishy women

13. Lazuri

That's fine. Hormones without any surgery does a lot on its own.

It's not like you'd elect to give up sex entirely. Some people don't even get a less intense sex drive at all and I doubt it'd go away completely even if it'd go down.

You'd definitely manage the voice with practice. Just remember that the difference between a male and female average voice is only like half an octave and even the most unrained voice has a range of about two octaves in both directions. Pitch isn't the problem, the resonance is and to reduce the resonance of your voice you need to train muscles that you have never trained before.

Singing is hard, though. While the dynamical range of a transwoman is pretty good, it's usually not so easy to sing with. This is a big source of unhappiness for me since I love singing. Oh, the things I'd do to get Lzzy Hale's voice.

14. Alisa Arwen

Can it affect my sexuality at all?

I'd really miss singing. It's not something I've done much of, but I am a musician, and I would love to sing as part of what I do. Perhaps I'd just have to stick to the voice I know for singing.

I might use fake breasts and corsets etc to get a more feminine figure in lieu of surgery.

Thanks for all the help you're giving me.

15. Lazuri

If by sexuality you mean sexual orientation, then I don't think so. At least I have never heard of anybody who suddenly developed a taste in men or women from hormones when they previously didn't.

Well, you don't permanently change your voice when you practice to use a female voice. When you get a hang of it, you should be able to pretty much instantly switch between the two. I've seen a neat party trick when a transwoman acted out a scene between Catwoman and Batman all on her own.

Ah yes, corsets! I love 'em. And fake breasts are actually really easy to make if you don't have a lot of money. Obviously the ideal is some sort of retail fake boobs, but they are really expensive. In the meantime you can easily make fake boobies with just some rice and pantyhose legs. Cleavage is harder.

Of course I'll help. I didn't have anybody to discuss this kinda stuff with before coming here so this is fun for me too.

16. Alisa Arwen

I suspected that this was the case, but I thought I'd ask anyway. Sexual orientation seems complex.

That could be fun...I guess if I were to choose to transition to that point and be comfortable it would certainly open up possibilities.

I have one corset. It's cheap. My partner has a few, but I'm way too big. Fake boobs could work - I've no big desire to show any cleavage. It's the shape that draws me I guess.

Well it's nice to 'meet' you Lazuri!

So, tell me about yourself a little?

17. Lazuri

About myself? I always freeze at this question and don't know what to say. If you were to ask me that IRL I would've just gone "Ohhh, errr......... I'm... Human? I guess."

But since it's here I can think a little bit.

Abigail is the name I chose and I live in Sweden. I have a fiancée and a son who is four months old who loves to pull my hair.
    I accepted I was trans last year, but I've been trans my whole life.
    I suppose my social group would be nerds/geeks as I love video games, technology, fantasy and sci-fi and so do most of my friends. Video games take the spotlight as my main hobby, though.
    I love things that are dark, somber and gothic as indicated by my love of Morticia Addams.
    I'm a nightowl.
    My favorite color is crimson.

And err.... I think that's the gist of it. I could go on about my sexual fantasies and fetisches but I think I'd overstep my bounds at that point.

18. Alisa Arwen

I wouldn't have thought Abigail was a particularly Swedish name? Or is it an anglicised spelling or are you not originally Swedish? Or just a name you liked?

There do some to be a fair amount of nerds/geeks on here. I'm not sure I quite fit in but do I enjoy some sci fi and fantasy.

My main love is music. I'll tell you more in the future I suppose.

As for whether I am trans...I don't know, but I'll enjoy trying to find out.

I sent you a friend request on here by the way :slight_smile:

19. Lazuri

Abigail's not a common name in Sweden no, it's just a favorite of mine. Actually it was the name of my first character I used in an RPG years ago. She was my first expression of who I really am so it felt appropriate. Other names that I considered were Harleen, Quinzel and Roxanne.

Ah, we're a friendly bunch. Just... Just don't ask us what Doctor Who is, you'll think we're lunatics. Then again, you're Brittish so you might already have seen some of it.

I love music too. It's rare that I don't have music in my ears at pretty much any given time.

And I wish you all the luck in finding out.

20. Alisa Arwen

My girlfriend is one of the biggest nerds going so... xD
    And I have plenty of nerd friends.

DO you play an instrument at all?

Thanks. I hope to keep in touch on here?

---------- Post added 9th Jan 2015 at 08:38 PM ----------

I have a vision of how I'd like to look...I'd like nice curves, not overweight. Long, long hair, nice hips... I imagine myself wearing lots of dresses. I'd probably try to be as feminine as I could happily be.