1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So much anxiety.....

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Katchoo, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Katchoo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I took a klonopin before reading the letter. It mostly turns off you give-a-**** button. But, dont drink with it, cuz that does something real bad. But, yeah, might be part of why I dont care about going to bed.

I dont super like being drunk. I feel sick real fast. A bit tipsy, sometimes fun, but I tend to be a sad drunk (surprise!), so I dont drink much. Maybe one drink a month and a couple extras at holidays. Im the kind of person who orders a beer and cant quite finish it.

2. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Damn. Sorry I was so :***: up. I don't get drunk often either. I also tend to feel sick quickly, last night was no exception. The morning after is worse. You feel basically the same, but you're now sober, so you know how sick you actually feel. I'm a pretty random drunk. I have no filter, so I say the weirdest crap that pops into my head. According to my friends who have seen it, it's actually pretty funny. I'm funny when drunk.

I haven't really thought about gender identity today. Maybe cause I'm too sick to do anything but think about how sick I am. Damn hangovers. Though my genitals still feel weird and not totally right. Like I can live with them, but I don't know.

I'm glad she got back to you. I'm not happy her response seems the way it does. I didn't really expect "I loved you too, if you would have told we could have been together, I'm leaving my husband" not really at least. I'm a hopeless romantic, so I hoped maybe. But I knew her reaction probably would be nothing of the sort.

If it makes you feel better, I'd totally take a shot at dating you, if I was closer and had the right parts. You'll make a lucky girl very happy some day.

#62 BrookeVL, Sep 16, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2016
  3. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I listened to that Invisibilia episode you recommended. Wow. A lot of that is what I'm going through. Except for the shifting around part. I'm pretty static, in feeling more female, right now, at least. Though looking back I don't know that I'd say I'd ever truly felt male. It goes away sometimes and I'll feel more "neutral" for a bit, but still pretty much female. Sometimes it'll just get less intense to where I can push it back and ignore it.

Is the writing on the wall here?

4. Katchoo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    CG, it's feeling clear that you aren't 100% cis-gender, but hold off on labeling yourself for a while. You'll figure it out, and there's no pressure to do it quickly. You are ok, and you will be OK.

I had to drive a lot for work today, and I also played a huge amount of Ingress,v so I drove more. Ingress is one of my favorite things to do by myself, so I feel like it was a good Friday night activity. This probably won't mean anything to anyone, but I captured about 50000MU (rural!) today and did a really annoying mission and took down 15k-20kMU of the other team's fields, and I got a good rank for the week for the whole Atlanta region. :slight_smile: if you decide to play, pick the blue team. Go smurfs!

I have thought about B's letter on and off today. Idk how I will respond, but I think I will.

Still gotta do paperwork tonight. I can do it, I can do it, I cam do it.

5. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know I'm okay. So are you. You're right, I came to that conclusion earlier. It's not like I'd be in a position to actually do anything right now any way. I'll just settle for hair removal and some basic grooming. I think I'll get a compression jock(or whatever they're called) to hide "it." Not like anyone will know, but it'll make me feel better. And no, I can not currently say the p-word, not referring to my own. Other people's, yeah, I still like that body part after all. I'll do some stuff that's subtle, and not permanent.

I've always identified with the word "lesbian" subconsciously. Which is weird, because I did quite enjoy being withm my ex, and would like to be with a guy again. Though maybe as a woman? Though I'd be more drawn to other women, tbh.

I bought a new body wash, this time from the "women's" section (gendering soap never really made any sense. It gets you clean and makes sure you don't smell offensive.). It smells pretty, though not too girly. I like smelling pretty. Maybe i'll get brave and go for deodorant next time. I can always just say "It's for my girlfriend" I suppose.

We'll be fine Katchoo. I'm feeling better overall, how about you?

6. Katchoo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Lol, I totally have "men's" body wash and shampoo, and 2 sticks of man deoderant, and a loofa marketed to men. I love the deo, but somehow I feel like the soap isnt getting me clean enough? Maybe I just need to be a "real man" and use bar soap......... Maybe the soap works better if I mansplain soap to people. It totally does. That soap never works right unless you mansplain it to women, cuz even though they have a master's degree in chemistry, they don't understand this soap.....

Yeah, Im being ridiculous and procrastinating other stuff. :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 16th Sep 2016 at 11:30 PM ----------

And, for realz, go post on the gender expression board. They're awesome over there.

7. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Also, this song is me right now. Kinda explains what's going on internally, even though it has nothing to do with that. Kinda funny how that works, huh?
    [YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9kXstb9FF4[/YOUTUBE]

Here's the lyric video incase you need it, though he's a pretty clear singer.

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wpv-vGScrvU[/YOUTUBE]

---------- Post added 16th Sep 2016 at 11:37 PM ----------

Hah! Mansplaining soap.

I've been over there, but I'm waiting until I can properly gather coherent thoughts to actually make a post. lol

8. Katchoo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Haha, for me, coherent thoughts come by writing, not thinking. You do you, though.

9. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'll try it tomorrow. Right now I'm trying not to procrastinate homework that's due in the morning. Even though I really can't, because it's talking about myself, and I don't even really know who myself is right now, how am I supposed to tell anyone. Also I need to be there at 9, and also need to take care of the dog before I leave, so I should probably just go to bed. I hate this class.

10. Katchoo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ..... Might be a good exercise to ponder and write about the things that you do know and that are the same, even if it's just your favorite color..

11. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I sadly need more than that. Part of my problem is the stuff he wants. I need to draw a visual aid. I can't draw for :***:.

12. Katchoo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Unless it's for an art class, or unless your professor is an asshole, I think the professor will understand you not being a brilliant artist.

Today was a good day. We had a post-audit-yay-we-survived pool party at the home of one of our coworkers. I swam in a tshirt and shorts, and that worked really well for me. I never wear shorts, so that was already a stretch, but Iwas happy to not feel like I was wandering around in my underwear. (FYI, at Walmart a while back Igot these shorts that were like, one thin layer that is like bike shorts but less compressive so that people can't see all your junk, and another thin layer that is looser so you aren't showing every roll and crevace. Those were perfect.)

I'm really glad I had a good day.

I'm having mild stress that there's aparently some kind of gas shortage issue coming. I got filled up, but gas prices had already gone up almost 40 cents per gallon. Probably shouldn't play my GPS game much until this problem is fixed. Gotta limit the driving.

I want to spend money so bad. On all the things. But, I need to pretend I'm broke, cuz 2 weeks from now I will be broke....

Ok. Gonna chill and watch some TV. I may come back and journal later. There are several need-to-journal things that I have tabled for a while.

13. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, I know it's not art. I'll do it for next week.

Today was a better day for me too. I'd love to wear a bikini, I don't know why some girls don't. I wasn't all depressed today, which is a plus. Still some dysphoria stuff, but I think the not being CIS thing has sunk in, and I've accepted it somewhat. I'll figure out the rest later, in time.

I randomly thought about what I'd want my name to be if I was a girl/transitioning. I really like the name Savanna(Yes, with 2 n's). So that's my "girl name." Whatever that means, that I've picked a name already, who knows. Like, "Slow down dude, you aren't even totally sure whether or not you're actually trans yet."

14. Katchoo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Even if you never feel the need to transition, Savanna might be a fun persona to embody when you want to. :slight_smile: Or, you might full time. Too soon to tell.

15. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Funny, I found myself referring to myself as "Savanna" in my head. I'm talking automatically, not even thinking. Not all the time, but I'd say 70-75% of the time today. I'd like to figure out a way to dress up and take on that persona for a bit(even if it's just an hour or two while I'm home alone). See how that makes me feel. Yeah, who knows, I could do that and be like "Ew, back to me, this isn't working." Though I imagine being a tomboy, she's definitely NOT a girlie girl(okay, maybe a bit, but mostly not). I may be taking this too far at this stage.:lol:

16. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    given the time of year you could go to somewhere like good will and get a dress or skirt and say it's for Halloween, if that makes you feel better. and try it on at home when you are alone. see how it feels. if it doesn't work out your not out a lot and if it does Savannah has a start to her wardrobe. y'all win either way.

17. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think I will have to do this. I think a skirt is in order. Maybe a top too.

18. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    there you go, iddy biddy steps.

19. Katchoo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Today I did not get the high priority things done. Why do I shoot myself in the foot that way? I did manage to work on understanding my financial situation rather than just floating through it. And I did a pretty good family session. Tomorrow I get to try again.

Over the weekend, I sent cute girl a text saying I hope shes doing well, and if she wants to hang out whether as a date or as friends, I would be in favor of that, but im going to keave the ball in her court. So, I dont plan on contacting her again unless she reinitiates contact.

I dont really feel up for connecting with someone else on the app. I think I need to focus on money, work, health for a little bit.

I did contact the former coworker friend girl a bit recently. The one I made the awesome birthday present for over the summer, which I have yet to be able to give her. Our mutual friend has been having a terrible time at every possible level, so there hasnt been any group hanging out, and our friend currently doesnt have time or energy to play matchmaker. Cute coworker friend has been still working two jobs until she gets hired past temp worker status at the office job. Hopefully she can quit the grocery store job soon, and then maybe I could try talking to her again.

My mom shared a really uncomfortable story via fb messenger the other day. She and my dad were visiting her 94yo mom who has dementia, and her brother and uncle were there. (My uncle is generally an asshole. He was discussing her funeral and obit plans right in front of her. She's not dying, she just will never get better.) Anyway, my uncle and great uncle started talking about how the gays are going to hell and it's a choice and people need to use the right bathrooms and all that shit. Mom didnt say anything but was internally laughing, "if they only knew." Ok, sure, that's how she handled it, whatever, fine. Dad got up and left the room. Mom didn't seem to have any compassion for how dad felt, just focusing on her perspective that it was funny, joking about putting in the obit that im gay, to annoy and disturb her asshole brother. I made it clear I wasnt even comfortable joking about that, but I would be ok with seriously coming out to him if that seems important. I tried to get her to empathize with dad. Nope. Like, i know family doesnt have to be perfect, but I hate that my dad was hurt by family members saying I was going to hell, and he doesnt seem to be talking to anyone about it. I need to call him tomorrow. Maybe I can put that on the list. Maybe I can ask him about it.

#79 Katchoo, Sep 19, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2016
  20. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I asked a cute girl out in person, yesterday. And got a positive reaction. I'm waiting for her to text me to set up the details, but we've agreed to do something. It'll probably be a week(we're fixing her cell phone, that's how I met her). Really weird, I've never done that before, had the guts to ask ANYONE out in person like that! Now I just wish we'd get the phone fixed so she can text me....

So I felt like a BAMF yesterday. All kinds of good emotions, and the dysphoric feelings were mostly gone. Turns out they just got pushed back. Everything's coming back now, which makes me nervous. I finally get a cute girl to go out with me for the first time in a long time, and this. I'm not certain a first date would come to this, (but me and my ex porked on the third date, so soon), but I'm worried I might not be able to perform. I can get erections without too much trouble, but I hate them. I'm hoping dysphoria doesn't cause me to not be able to....

Not to mention the problems it might cause down the road if it works out.....