1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is bestiality "wrong?"

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by LordofNihil, Jun 10, 2014.

1. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's basically going to depend on your world view.

Personally I'm of the opinion that I can eat animals, and I won't complain if they eat me.

I can keep animals on farms for food, because if someone met my basic needs physical and psychological needs and the killed and ate me at an arbitrary point but never actually told me I was going to die, I can't imagine I'd care.

I can keep animals as pets because if someone alien species raised me from birth and treated me the way I treat my pets, I'd have no particular reason to complain.

In addition, I have no problems with animals protesting the arrangement should they discover what is going on with their lives and decide they aren't having it. If a cow expresses to me it's desire not to be eaten, I won't eat that cow. Squirrels express their desire to not be pets by running the hell away when I go near them, so I don't trap and keep squirrels.

2. LordofNihil

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't all cows prefer not to be eaten, barring the suicidal ones? I don't know about that part... As for the pets, I can't complain there, I mean, unless my dog tells me she doesn't want to be with me anymore :c I think she's happy though.

3. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Animals can't consent. If anyone can think that an animal can even vaguely say yes, then I'm worried about their perception of communication.

4. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't know...I don't think they care...there basic animal needs are met, perhaps they have some psychological needs that aren't met, I don't know enough about cows to decide one way or the other.

What I can say though is if someone decides to shoot me through the head, killing me instantly, and decides to eat me, I am unlikely to care in the slightest, on account of how I'm dead.

5. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Uh, yeah.

One should seek a head examination if they think otherwise...

6. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Legally speaking most human laws make a distinction between "pets" and animals raised for food.

"Morally" - or perhaps a better word, logically - speaking, if aliens came to Earth with the intentions of eating humans, the vast majority of the populace would have no ability to argue against it. :icon_wink

With exception to lethal force, of course.

#66 Browncoat, Jun 10, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
  7. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sperm is commonly collected for breeding purposes from dogs, horses and many other animals by manually masturbating them until they ejaculate. And one could say the animals have no say in the matter, and, if you've worked on a farm, don't seem to mind. I'd say they prefer it to branding, or being snipped.

It's odd: Animals are also killed and then eaten, raised in horribly cramped, inhumane conditions where they can barely move, and yet somehow, this is all very acceptable.

So for me, it's a matter of not harming the animal. And yet we harm animals all the time, by bulldozing over their habitats, though pollution, trophy hunting, and many other ways...I'm not going to say that bestiality is right or wrong, but I think like anything, it is relative, and there are different degrees. I would certainly draw a line at penetration, as that could well cause harm.

#67 HuskyPup, Jun 10, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
  8. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's why I don't use animal products; no consent is involved at all. But that's not in any way a justification for raping animals, more a justification for not doing other stuff to them, not the other way around.

9. LordofNihil

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    True, you'd be dead, but you'd probably rather not be shot and killed. I wouldn't want that to happen to me, but whatever... Then I could see what all the fuss, or lack thereof, about the afterlife is about.

I feel as if this is diverging. Should I make a new thread?

---------- Post added 10th Jun 2014 at 11:40 PM ----------

Given that, I would think bestiality is less concerning to some people, but whatever... Have you heard of the Enumclaw horse sex case?

---------- Post added 10th Jun 2014 at 11:55 PM ----------

No perforated colons for me.

10. Maeve

Yes.

Humans operate on a higher cognitive level than animals. It's comparable to an adult teacher having sex with a 14 year old student. It's okay if two kids fool around with eachother, because they (probably) have a similar level of maturity. That's why it's okay for two animal to have sex, but not a human and an animal.

11. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

An animal can't consent to sex with a human.

Sex without consent = straight up, goddamned rape.

Therefore, sex with an animal = rape.

I don't care if it's 'natural'.

12. LordofNihil

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good, because we weren't arguing if it was natural or not.

13. Spatula

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is the argument I came here to make. I'm not really sure that it is possible for anyone to reconcile finding bestiality immoral if they have no qualms about eating meat, shooting animals for sport, killing animals en masse when it inconveniences our crops, etc. That seems like cognitive dissonance.

Bear in mind I intend for this to be an argument for vegetarianism... not bestiality.

14. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's animal abuse, just like beating it or starving it, beastiality is a form of animal abuse.

15. LordofNihil

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    An animal fucking you is the same as you beating it or starving it? I don't think so, but it wouldn't be right if one is using it for sex and just using it for sex. When it comes to human fucking the animal, it's much more questionable though.

---------- Post added 11th Jun 2014 at 12:59 AM ----------

c: mmm... it's 1 a.m. and I'm slightly dead inside.

16. White Knight

For me it is wrong and disgusting. Just like anything imposed onto animals by humans.

People bring "law" and whatnot into discussions about similar matters but turn a blind eye to animal concentration camps that provide them food... See it is right to murder animals for sport or "feeding themselves" even world have plenty of concentration camps I mentioned above.

When it is into human's benefit they are just animals when not they are sentient beings with emotions. They even dare to price animal's life... how much does it cost to me to kill... sorry hunting a human? You know just for sport. They aren't endangered or something, right?

So beastiality is another derenged aspect of humans. Just like trying to trial an animal for killing a human and executing them....

TL/DR: Humans are sick... this is just another aspect of it.

17. Thedistra

On the alien thing. So lets assume humans and the alien life form are of the same psychical strength, but the alien is of higher intelligence. A human(or multiple humans) forces the alien, rapes it. It would also of raped the human going by logic mentioned earlier in here and the human wouldn't of actually raped the alien. That is a bit messed up.

At the point we are now with having the ability to consent and having understanding, I doubt consensual sex between a alien of higher intelligence and humans would be rape.

Assuming they would even have the desire to do so. Even if they didn't we could certainly rape them, since we have the understanding of rape etc. Otherwise we're free to rape any alien race that happens to come along and then we get to blame the victim.

18. Nikky DoUrden

Animals can't see right from wrong or what even be bad for them, and as others said before, beastility is mostly for human satisfaction and not the animals :/

19. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Whether it's abuse or not, it's fucking disgusting.

20. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think the only reason that it's disgusting is because it's abuse. If an animal were able to consent, there really wouldn't be any logic behind opposition.