1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is bestiality "wrong?"

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by LordofNihil, Jun 10, 2014.

1. LordofNihil

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I actually don't know if an animal truly understands that, even as I suppose they do. Their intelligence can't be underestimated either... Honestly, I mostly see it as the animal penetrating and find the other side iffy because you can at most guess what they're thinking, but there are too many barriers preventing us from finding out what's in their minds.

2. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

Like it absolutely misreading and taking advantage of the animal, they can not consent.

3. LordofNihil

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Children cannot be compared to animals? At least when it comes to development, assuming an adult animal... A side note: I think this is too much for me to handle talking about :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

---------- Post added 10th Jun 2014 at 09:56 PM ----------

How do you define consent in humans? Not by a rapist... Animals are hard enough to understand as it is, however.

---------- Post added 10th Jun 2014 at 09:58 PM ----------

So for you, an infant > another animal?

4. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

5. LordofNihil

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay, so troll topic? No. Considering bestiality? No. Wouldn't the shark kill the cat because it's larger? And where'd this leg-humping come from?

---------- Post added 10th Jun 2014 at 10:03 PM ----------

That reminds me, do other animals have diminished mental capacities?

6. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    OK if you want to play the 'hard to understand' barrier, let's take a moment to consider grown adult humans with mental disabilities.

We can instantly rule out all this crap about one thing being better than another, because if you can tell me that a mentally disabled adult human is somehow worse than any other adult human, we are going to have serious problems.

What we CAN take into account is this idea of barriers.

Now there are a SHITLOAD of things stopping us from understanding the thoughts of people with mental disabilities. Depending on the nature of the disability, basic thoughts can be understood and we can determine some basic elements of thought, but we can basically all agree that we cannot fully understand the workings of a disabled mind, even with the most elaborate medical equipment and training, we cannot fully understand it.

You will notice this is the position you are putting animals. They have potential to express some basic thought and we can potentially determine how they are feeling, but we cannot fully understand how their minds operate or how they feel.

Yet for some reason we appear to reach different conclusions (or at least I sure as hell hope you do).

Because right now you are saying that sex with an animal is OK, but I have to assume you would not say the same about the mentally disabled.

So which one are you wrong about?

7. JStevens96

JStevens96 Guest

Animals can't consent.

8. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

What signs are you talking about animals giving that "show they want it"?

And it doesn't matter if the shark kills the cat or anything, that's not the point lol

What do you mean "diminished mental capacities", like they lack the awareness to fully have and understand self-hood in the same way youth do? Well they don't generally have the same "Self of sense" humans do so that puts them leagues down in being able to consent compared to us. Obviously some animals have these things, or more than others, but it is not comparable to how we comprehend them so that places them below children in the "understanding and consent" department

9. Carpe Noctem

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thread title:
    Your answer to your own question:
    "Right" and "wrong" are terms that have to do with morality.
    Even if you conclude that bestiality is "natural", (when being done with consent and without harm, between animals of similar size, etc), it doesn't change its moral status as "wrong".

Can something which is considered morally 'wrong' ever be considered morally 'right'?
    Yes, but rules of morality take time and collective effort to change, and as bestiality is not in the general interests of society (but on the contrary can create and spread diseases (*some people say that HIV was born from a man and a chimp) and goes against animals' rights) I don't think any modern society will ever allow morally or even legally such a conduct to happen.

10. LordofNihil

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sex with an animal could be okay, if all the conditions for consensual sex are satisfied, which can never be certain, so... Theoretically, it could be OK, but that doesn't mean it applies all the time. I haven't given much thought about the mentally disabled though to tell you what I think.

11. vyvance

Yes its wrong. Its not ok 100% of the time.

12. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

Sex with an animal could not be okay because the conditions for consensual sex can't be satisfied. Theoretically it could not be okay because the conditions for consensual sex can't be satisfied. These consensual sex conditions apply all the time. Unless they do some massively rapid evolving in a super short amount of time, this will not change while humanity is on the planet.

---------- Post added 10th Jun 2014 at 06:17 PM ----------

Like I'm sorry to rain on your thought parade but having sex with animals is not okay, for you or the animal. I can not emphasize this enough.

13. LordofNihil

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Lol. I kinda think whether or not the shark kills the cat is important... I mean, neither of them should be harmed. I don't know what "signs" they show; I'm not inside their minds nor am I omniscient. The comprehension issue is big though, and I don't know how it works up there :x

---------- Post added 10th Jun 2014 at 10:19 PM ----------

What you just said is that eventually such conditions could be satisfied, no? :/

#33 LordofNihil, Jun 10, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
  14. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    But those conditions could ONLY be met if animal intelligence and understanding was measurably similar to that of a human.

So we can assume that animals have some basic idea of what consent actually is, and we see evidence of that in animal courtship and so on, but it is different to ours.

In animalistic terms consent is literally just the agreement that sex is happening, and that is as far as it goes. Someone will have sex with me, and it will be whoever does X best.

But that isn't even close to our idea of consent. YOu don't see two guys in a bar beat the shit out of each other than carry a girl of to the toilets and call it consent, even though that is precisely how we would define an animals understanding of the concept.

The problem is you can call it 'theoretically possible' all you like but the possibility relies on so many factors that in can also be considered almost impossible.

15. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

Things I never thought I would have to type: please do not have sex with animals

And no my ultimate point was that indications an animal has about mating are not universal even to other animals. Cats and a friendly land shark having harmless sex, consent would not be possible because of the differences in their communication. It's not about whether the animal gets harmed during the sex, they can not consent to it is what is important. That is why it is wrong. Especially as humans, we know better.

If you aren't sure "how it works up there" then I would reiterate, again, to just not have sex with animals please and thank you

16. LordofNihil

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't plan to have sex with animals. Most of the time, the two anatomies don't work out. And supposing they can somehow learn to communicate?

17. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Even if we mastered interspecies communication there is a fundamental difference in understanding.

18. LordofNihil

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    By "how it works up there," I mean in the animal's mind... For a second there, I interpreted that wrong. :3

19. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

They will not learn to communicate in our lifetime. If we're playing ~thought games~ then if we magically found a way to decode their language and they all said "we just want to bang people really badly" it would fall to "do they have the awareness and self-hood to legally understand and comprehend this situation, is it instinct, etc." and the answer would be no because humans would manipulate and take advantage of the situation, like with children, they are not on the level we are.

So unless our courts and scientists were by this time really fucking stupid and the future would be really fucked up and weird like Idiocracy but worse with animal fucking, the chances of us fucking animals in a way that is healthy and totally cool is zero. I am glad you are not interested in fucking animals, that is good, congratulations on it.

It would be more interesting to think about alien species sex being wrong if they would be on our level of intelligence or beyond; I would suggest to try that, instead of thinking about the morality of animal fucking.

20. LordofNihil

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That much, I cannot beat... We will see things different from each other, so... :l That right there is my I've-been-checkmated-face. Either way, it's not like anything will change during this century in regards to this.