1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is bestiality "wrong?"

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by LordofNihil, Jun 10, 2014.

1. Jay47

Jay47 Guest

It is rape. An animal cannot consent. Disgusting.

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So does that mean we can agree beastiality is bad now?

3. LordofNihil

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do I get a prize? :s Then let's think about that. How about an alien species much more advanced than us to the point that we're like animals? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

---------- Post added 10th Jun 2014 at 10:35 PM ----------

But I'm so comfortable in limbo...

4. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Legally, an animal cannot consent.

"Literally" (and I'm using quotations because this is about as loosely defined a concept as it can get), as in "if an animal wants to have sex with you" -

you are not a "them." You are not of their species and have absolutely no means of finding out exactly what their intentions are. Sure, you get hints here and there as to how a non-human animal might feel, but you're relating them to human concepts that DO NOT mean the same to them as they do to you. There is NO WAY for you to know with any certainty that a pet/non-human being wants to have sex with you, particularly in the terms you would qualify, as a human being, "wanting to have sex with you." They are not, barring a massive scientific discovery proving otherwise, capable of thinking that way. It is a human concept.

Do you get the picture yet? No, never, ever, can't do, will not do, is not ok. Period.

Animals are not capable of "consenting," legally, or in any sense that can be qualified as human consent. End of story. Stop fighting it.

#44 Browncoat, Jun 10, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
  5. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If we must...

Same arguement I just gave, replace 'animal' with 'human' and 'human' with 'alien' and repeat. Alien has sex with human, it's rape.

If we initiate sex with the alien, it would be taken the same way as if a bear tried to have sex with you. Bloody weird and certainly not fun times.

6. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

MASS EFFECT SAID I COULD SEX ALIENS LEGALLY *cries forever*

No but seriously, congratulations on your "not having sex with animals" desire, it is an instinct to us really to not fuck the animals, here is a medal, may you never ever think of it as a healthy and good thing to do, god bless.

7. LordofNihil

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Human initiating sex with alien isn't rape?

---------- Post added 10th Jun 2014 at 10:41 PM ----------

I wasn't using the word "healthy" in my argument, but fine :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:...

8. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you run into a bear in the woods and it decides for whatever reason to have sex with you, what would you classify it as?

Now replace 'you' with 'alien' and 'bear' with 'you' and tell me what it is.

9. AlamoCity

If aliens were to visit, would it be morally wrong to have sex with them if they had the same cognitive ability and ability to give the equivalent of informed consent?

Would it be morally wrong for humans to have sex with aliens if they were vastly superior in their cognitive abilities and we were the "slower" ones?

---------------------------------------

By any stretch of the word, no animal species on Earth (humans excepted, obviously :lol:slight_smile: can give the same level of consent as two persons free of mental disease or defect can give to each other. For that reason, it is morally wrong to engage in intercourse with a non-human.

10. KyleCats

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There have been instances of other animals sexually advancing on humans, chimps and dolphins come to mind. One main reason Oliver the chimp (the "humanzee") was not able to live with his people for long was he tried over and over again to have sex with the woman, and she wasn't into that at all. It came to a point where he was hurting her with his sheer strength.

Even in cases like the above it is not okay. Oliver was isolated. Nim (another chimp with sexual frustrations taken out on humans) was isolated. Peter the dolphin was extremely isolated! They all would have rather had sex with one of their own if given the chance. It's never okay to take advantage of another animal for any reason.

11. LordofNihil

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Painful.

---------- Post added 10th Jun 2014 at 10:47 PM ----------

Using the example aforementioned that an animal will only have sex with a member of its same species, why would a bear want to have sex with me then? It wouldn't, no?

12. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have no idea WHY it would want to, I assume it wouldn't...

But by the same token, you can bet that every advanced alien would look at us and think basically the same thing. "Why would a human want to have sex with me?"

13. LordofNihil

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Because horniness? *shrugs*

14. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

We can't rape animals for the same reasons it's not acceptable to rape people. And even if the animal initiates it, I maintain there is something really wrong with anyone who would let the animal continue. I love animals, and I don't think we should eat them either.

15. LordofNihil

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Aren't we omnivores? We can eat them and we do; nothing wrong with that, but we can also survive off of vegetation :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

16. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    But for these advanced aliens, we are just animals. They have no reason to believe we would be sexually interested in them.

Now if you consider these aliens more intelligent, we can assume a more refined morality (we are being generous of course). So we have to assume their ideas of consent our different to ours and almost certainly won't make sense to us.

So by their standards we would be unable to consent to a sexual action.

17. Jethro702

Yep, Yep, Yep, Yep, Yep.....

18. LordofNihil

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So... a thought occurred... Whether we want it or not is irrelevant in the case with aliens?

19. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes...just like if the bear screwed you, you wouldn't turn around and say "No it's cool because the bear wants it"

It should be noted of course that this is true for your 'advanced aliens'.

Arguments could be made for aliens with functionally similar mental capacity.

20. LordofNihil

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Legally, I can't consent either :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I can want something, but I'm not getting anything anytime soon in those regards...

Anyway, I've read some arguments that say that consent is irrelevant because animals aren't given consent to other things such as being a pet or being slaughtered for meat. Thoughts on it?