1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to talk to this person you're attracted to.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Anon1201, Sep 23, 2017.

1. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well maybe you just have to find a whole heap of stuff you need help with hahaha. Sounds like a good day.

2. Anon1201

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Haha probably.... at first it honestly seem like she didn’t want to help cause she was like I’m not sure. I was like that’s ok I’ll try and figure it out and then she came over to try and help. I went to go take a seat and she followed behind me and we started talking... so yea I need more ‘help’ jk. It is a lot more easier to talk since I realized initiating the conversation seemed to help relax a bit more. :thumbsup:Thanks for listening as always :slight_smile:

3. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No worries. I think it probably was easier because you felt like you had a reason to start the conversation and because of that you were more relaxed and then she relaxed because of it and the whole thing flowed easier. Maybe you can thank her for her help today.

#63 silverhalo, Oct 19, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
  4. Anon1201

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey there. Everything is going good, I was wondering if you knew of anyway to like get her to say if she is married or single? Lol I am afraid to be too direct so I want to like kind of work around it. So if you have any tips that would be great if not I’ll try to work around it lol.

5. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What about just asking about what she has been up to etc. If she has a boyfriend, girlfriend, husband, wife, significant other its most likely she will mention them at some point.

Cinnamon Bunny likes this.
  6. Anon1201

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I’ll give it a try when I see her at work since we will be working together for the next few days.

dreamingfreely likes this.
  7. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Let me know how it goes.

8. Anon1201

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well we talked a lot today but could not get her to say anything about a man in her life lol. Safe to say though I know she is straight because of other possible signs. A bit bummed but I’ll have to get over it cause I heard to never go after a straight woman unless you want to get hurt.

9. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well I think the last bit is true for sure. What signs made you think she was straight?

10. Anon1201

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well I remember reading in an article that if a girl has her nails done that she is most likely not.... So I noticed she had them painted and I was like ok maybe this is a sign. Another was when we were talking she mentioned before that she had a kid and I was like is it just you two. She said she lives with her two kids. The whole time she never mentioned anything about a man in her life so I was like I don’t know anymore. I hate it cause my gut is still telling me like there is something there between us. My mind says you’ll get hurt if you try and go after her. I don’t know lol.

11. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well nails can be a sign but they can always not be a sign. 2 kids is a sign she has been with at least one man but if you read the posts in the later in life section you will see that having kids is not proof she isn't gay not that I'm trying to get your hopes up because it is always more likely someone isstraight over gay. I don't think you should go after her, I just think you should get to know her and try and make a friend and worry about anything else later.

Anon1201 and azzi like this.
  12. Anon1201

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Alright I’ll just keep it at just friends and try to move on from how I feel. Thanks!

#72 Anon1201, Oct 23, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
  13. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The way I see it is if she likes girls and it's mean to be then by being friends it will probably happen naturally and if she isn't into girls then you gain a friend.

14. Anon1201

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yea I see it like that now. At least it’s a lot easier to talk to her now lol and things aren’t awkward. That’s the plus and I’ll just work at being friends.

silverhalo likes this.
  15. wingeduser

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey. Sorry for the very late reply. I asked him to grab some snacks with me after work and he said no cos his shoes got wet and he wanted to go straight home to change. I told him some other time then, and he said yes.

I finally got the chance to bring him to a cafe though for some snacks. We attended a workshop that lasted the whole day and I asked him if he wanted to have dinner with me. He said no again cos he wants to have dinner with his brother. I didn't let him slip through my fingers though and told him that I'd treat him to some snacks instead. After a few no's, he finally gave in. You might say I kinda forced him to say yes, but while we were eating, he seemed interested while I was talking and when it was finally his turn to talk, he shared most of his previous work in another company. We talked for an hour more or less before he said he needed to go to meet up with some friends. (I felt quite disappointed that he lied to me about him eating dinner with his brother, whatever.)

The next day, I sent him a text thanking him for eating with me and sort of apologized for dragging him with me and he said it was no problem and thanked me for the treat. I told him that I'd bring him somewhere again and he didn't reply back. Then earlier this morning, I sent him a morning greeting and again, he didn't respond.

So now, I don't know if the "date" went well or not at all, if he's interested or not, if I should ask him out again or just draw the line and treat him as friends.

Sorry for the long post. And I hope you don't mind me sharing all this.

16. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey I think that he probably isn't interested in being more than friends but well done for trying. It's all good experience for when you do find someone who is interested.

17. wingeduser

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You really think so?

I'll try asking him out again and I'd definitely tell him how I feel about him just to get rid of the "what-ifs" in my head. If he rejects me, then it's no problem for me to back off, I'd be happy to. But if he doesn't, fireworks!

Anon1201 likes this.
  18. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes perhaps asking more directly would be a good idea. I mean I could be wrong, I just didn't see any points in what you wrote that made me think he was interested in more than friendship.

19. Anon1201

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I’ve been struggling with this friendship thing lol. Not like in the way where I’m forcing to be more than friends. Like you said just work at being friends and I am but sometimes like it’s just getting hard. Like A few days ago we were talking a lot she was telling me about herself no problem, I realized I started the conversation and she feels totally comfortable talking when I do. But like the next couple days I was like you know what I won’t start the conversation just to see if she wants to start a conversation with me. I noticed she would always stand next to me but she wouldn’t say anything. Today I was talking to our mutual friend and she looked at me as she walked by but didn’t say anything. Like I want to know if she even wants to talk as a friend cause she doesn’t seem to start the conversation unless needed too. Like she waited for me after my shift once but other than that like there’s just still this tension between us. Sorry for the long rant. :/

#79 Anon1201, Oct 29, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
  20. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's ok rant away. It's difficult, I guess you have to decide how much you want to try and be friends with her and how much effort you are willing to put in. It's difficult to know whether she doesn't initiate conversations because she is too shy or just because she isn't bothered.