1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to talk to this person you're attracted to.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Anon1201, Sep 23, 2017.

1. pagebage

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Confidence, confidence and million of billion times again. Just a few moments ago I've found this article how to attract women. You need to check it out. And wish you luck, man

2. Anon1201

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Sorry venting again :cold_sweat:. Honestly feeling awkward again about everything. We haven't talked much lately and now it's just like bothering me for some reason. Like I thought about initiating a conversation again but then I feel like I'm pestering and losing confidence again. :frowning2:

#42 Anon1201, Oct 12, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  3. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's ok vent away. Did she give you any reason to think you were pestering her?

If you didn't like her like her and you were only interested in friendship would you still think you were pestering her?

4. Anon1201

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    No she didn't... it's like the gut thing I was telling you. My gut says go talk to her, she's nice. But my mind is saying don't and like I think she doesn't want to talk but I can see her look like she is waiting for me to say this time instead of her. She didn't give any reason and I catch her staring at me sometimes when we are standing close but I'm looking down so I'm coming off with a bad vibe when I don't want to. Like one time she was standing with her friends and then I turn and she moved all the way next to me for a meeting. Friendship I feel like I would be pestering her too. Like I am not even trying to flirt, just trying to get to know her.:face_palm:

#44 Anon1201, Oct 12, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  5. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It doesn't sound like you are pestering her at all. Maybe one time when you are talking to her you can jokingly say, if I'm annoying you just tell me or something. It sounds as though she really likes talking to you she is just shy.

6. Anon1201

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Alright, I'll try and just ask how she's doing tomorrow or something. I feel so bad cause I don't want her to think I don't even like her as a friend. I would be happy with more but I would be just as happy as friends. I got that resting bitch face sometimes but I'm super friendly lol. I need to gain some confidence back for sure though.

7. wingeduser

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    OP, I've been reading this thread and I can pretty much relate to everything. I hope you don't mind if I share my experience.

I want to build a rapport with the new guy at the office but it really is nerve-wrecking; I don't know if he wants to talk or if he thinks I'm a nuisance. We haven't exactly conversed face-to-face about a particular topic, just a few sentences here and there like him asking for help on the copy machine or me asking if he wants to go get something to bite (and getting a no :disappointed: ). I don't know if he's giving off vibes that he likes me or if he's just being friendly. I do know that he's gay, but (I think) he doesn't know that I know. I have a feeling that he doesn't know that I'm not straight either. I'm looking forward for more chances of spending time with him, no matter how little it is within the day, just to get to talk to him and know him better.

I do agree that confidence and consistency is the key. But the opportunity seems to rarely present itself. Anyway, good luck to us and here's to getting to know our crushes better! :beers:

#47 wingeduser, Oct 15, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
  8. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How did it go?

9. Anon1201

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I haven't had time to converse because work has been hectic. I am honestly just feeling like I shouldn't bother anymore cause it doesn't seem like it's going anywhere even as friends. I have like no confidence cause it just sucks not being able to interact. We walk past each other and don't say anything. I'll probably just try to just let it be and just stick to my work. It really sucks saying that but I don't know what to do. :pensive:

10. Anon1201

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Did he decline your lunch in general or he said maybe another time? It honestly is difficult and I just feel like it's just not meant to be anymore so I just work and talk to our mutual friends. For me, she's super friendly with everyone but I don't know things just feel like tense and different when we work together. I notice she talks more with others and she notices I talk more with others. The last time we talked was like 3 weeks ago and it kills me inside cause I do not have the confidence to say 'hi how's it going?' I feel like such a bother.

11. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    These things take work especially when you are both shy or lacking confidence. I'm not saying you have to but what if you are missing a friendship. If work can be hectic could you ask her if she wanted to grab a drink after work or some food? Or what about asking her and others if that makes you more confident if they want to go to the cinema or something.

12. Anon1201

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yea I get what you mean. I am honestly not thinking of anything more than a friendship. I think it is clear that she is most likely straight. I don't think I can even ask her that stuff cause we don't even talk as friends like that. I need to build my confidence back but lately I've just feeling like whatever. Like I understand I can be missing out on a friendship but it's just I never had to try this hard to even make a friend. Thanks for listening by the way and replying.

13. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No worries, I totally get why you feel as though it's not worth it.
    So have you lost confidence in all aspects or just at work? What do you think we can do to build it back up.

14. Anon1201

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Just at work I guess but I feel like it is all in my head. I am not sure... honestly was thinking just avoiding her would make me feel better and just focusing on work. Focusing on work keeps me occupied but not technically energetic and confident. Any tips on how to get confidence back?

15. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Confidence is definitely not my strong point but I think trying not to worry about it. I wouldn't avoid her but maybe just ignore trying to friend her or anything for the moment. Treat her as you would any other colleague and just give yourself a break. Perhaps you have been focusing so much on this and putting so much pressure on yourself you have knocked yourself a bit.

Anon1201 likes this.
  16. Anon1201

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That is a good point, I do feel way to focused on the situation. I'll just try to focus on work and treat her like anyone else. If something comes out of it then cool. If not I am still working and just working on myself. I'll try doing that tomorrow. Cause the last few days I've been trying to find a way to talk but now I'll just work and let things happen. Thank you that actually made me feel a bit better!

17. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sounds like a good plan.

18. Anon1201

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Haven’t found much time to talk to her lately still, but I have been feeling a lot better just working. I haven’t been thinking of forcing anything or working hard to make something happen, but I’ll let you know if anything comes out of it.:ok_hand:

19. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sounds great. I am glad you are feeling better about everything.

20. Anon1201

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So we actually talked a lot more today and I just went up to her. I needed help on something and so I was like I’ll just ask her and she helped. I think after seeing that I approached her she relaxed a lot more and actually approached me again and we talked for a bit more. Hopefully now she notices my face is just serious but I enjoy talking to her.

dreamingfreely likes this.