1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to talk to this person you're attracted to.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Anon1201, Sep 23, 2017.

1. TrevinMichael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Speak from your heart listen with your heart and follow through with your heart.

This is a matter of the heart after all.

2. Anon1201

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well knowing she probably isn’t single I probably shouldn’t follow my heart lol. I’m just working on our friendship cause she is cool to talk to so I would rather not risk it unless she felt the same and it’s hard to tell if she does.

3. TrevinMichael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    friendships are a matter of the heart too silly

it means do not use your brain as much as your feelings

following your heart is not trying to date someone

4. Anon1201

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I see and I was using my brain a bit too much but I did use my feelings and gut feelings and it was wrong. I am using my heart to maintain our friendship because we get along very well.

5. TrevinMichael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    smiles yes and it is good to use the brain some just not to over think but also rely on your gut some too it is a balance

6. wingeduser

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Just an update.

Since my last post, everything went cold. Once, I nodded at him, he just gave me a look and faint smile. At our office Christmas party, I said hi, he just gave another faint smile, he didn't even look at me. After those instances, I just completely ignored him as much as possible.

Just had my birthday yesterday and I bought pizzas for the office. He greeted me, and took a slice. I couldn't look at him, I just said "yeah come get some." Everyone did the same though, so I guess that was pretty normal. I took my slice and sat at my table, then some of my close office mates went to me wondering why I was sitting there alone. My friends were chatting then "he" came but he just stood there. That was the first time we were in the same room standing close. I'm feeling he wants to slowly lose whatever awkwardness there is between us. Or maybe I'm just overthinking it.

We have a mutual friend and she told me that the reason why he's giving me the cold shoulder is because he doesn't want to give false hopes. Well, that's that. I don't know if that's fine or not. Whatever.

7. Anon1201

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Any reason why it went cold? I know exactly how you feel about the situation. When I was interested in this girl, it seemed like we were both shy so it made it really awkward and I just started ignoring her. It bothered us both cause I could tell, but I thought she did not want to be bothered. For me ignoring her was kind of helpful because I got the guts to start talking to her just as friends. It took a long time for the awkwardness to go away and we joke about it. Just try to relax because I overthink as well, and honestly I kept to myself. I would talk here and there with her and now we talk on a regular basis even though I left for a new job. With the false hope, is she implying that he isn't interested at all, or he is wanting to take it slow?