1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does weight matter to you?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Swamp56, Jun 28, 2009.

?

Does weight matter to you?

1. Yes, I don't like people who are overweight

48 vote(s)
    25.9%
  2. Yes, I don't like people who are obese

81 vote(s)
    43.8%
  3. No, it doesn't really matter to me

51 vote(s)
    27.6%
  4. No, I like overweight/obese people

5 vote(s)
    2.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darkestknight

Oh, I don't mind either, but not until it's morbidly obese or something. Chubby people turn me on, I dunno why! :grin:

But, about my weight, I'm just a little bit too thin. I can't seem to be that attractive when I look like a farmer. Sometimes it irked me when I have to look at my own BMI which is a little bit below the normal. :rotflmao:

2. brian105

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think the issue is self esteem. Everyone has something they are a little worried about. Even the truly vain. You'll find someone who loves you for you. And in return you'll love them for them. If you want to lose weight, lose weight. Not for anyone other than yourself though. But I wouldn't mind dating someone overweight. Just as long as he carries himself well.

3. Just Adam

a little saying i just thought of:

his weight only matters to me if it matters to him

:slight_smile:

4. Jacobs

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't care if the people around me are large!, But i'm always trying to loose weight!

5. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You want to hear something interesting?
    I hope so becuase I'm writing it anyway.

Ben Franklin was a known tom cat, that man was not attractive, but he was charming. I think confidence and personality and win through the brainwashed idea we have a beauty.

6. Roralo

Roralo Guest

Friend wise? Well, while it does retract nothing from their wonderful personality, I make gargantuan efforts for them to exercise and to eat right (I can be a bit of a nag). I mean, I don't have many friends that are severely overweight and lazy so I'm not sure. Relationship wise, I want someone who can keep up with me actively, while also taking care of themselves. I'm not looking for a ripped, super cut, toned sexiness in everyone, I want to see that they mind what they eat, they don't loaf around lazily and that they work hard to take care of themselves. So yes, weight does matter to me since it gives a indication of how healthy you are and how much you care about yourself.

7. Stuie

It's not really a particularly big issue for me either way.

8. jonny

I've had oveweight friends and I'm proud of them it doesn't really matter to me, when it come tk my friends I am very diverse; all races all body types. But for a lover I don't like extra skinny guys I'm skinny myself I guess anywhere around me to a bit chunky I find hot. I don't need a muscly guy but I still want someone who doesn't let themselves go. however Weight is an extrensic thing so if ur commited to shedding a little extra weight I don't mind.

9. edogs334

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    In terms of whether or not I can be friends with a gay person who's obese- yes, definitely. I think people in the gay community (I've been guilty of it myself) often make snap judgments about people solely based on their looks (ie- whether or not they are sexually attractive). That's quite sad because I've gotten to know some of the most amazing and down-to-earth people in the last few months- many of whom I'm not really that attracted to sexually.

In terms of who I'm sexually attracted to, I'm not attracted to a guy who's way overweight/obese or has a really prominent gut. I don't know- it's just who I'm attracted to - there's really no way for me to explain it. I think it might have something to do with what society and gay culture portray as the ideal/beautiful figure that everyone "needs to" seek. I've come to realize that, in reality- very few people actually look like that (myself included). Not everyone actually find those "ideal" guys attractive, and many in our tribe have varying tastes in guys. For example, one of my relatives (who's also gay) tends to go for guys who are hairy-chested, stocky, and have facial hair- not exactly my preference, but it illustrates that people have different tastes. Or I met another guy who is in his early 20's and is into guys over 35. So there are many gay guys with just as many varying preferences out there. More than a few gay guys wouldn't find my hairy chest attractive- but does that mean I'm going to go out and get a wax job or laser hair removal? Hell no. If a guy falls in love with me, he'll fall in love with me as a whole person- physical appearance, personality, and my intelligence. I'm not saying it's a bad idea to lose weight if you're overweight- you can improve you're overall health and well-being that way, too (be sure to talk to you doc about it, though). I'm just saying that there are other guys in the gay community (and one who will eventually fall in love with you) who would dig a guy with your physique and all the other important characteristics you possess.

10. jjc11293

jjc11293 Guest

It doesn't matter to me at all... :slight_smile: ...in fact I'm actually attracted to overweight/obese men.

11. Camman3

Poll is kinda vague >.<...

Outside of friendships and relationships: No, I don't mind too much. It's a bit concerning that people are very unhealthy - I wouldn't wish that on anyone - but it's their problem to deal with, unfortunately.

Within friendships: Sadly, it is very frustrating. I have been in all sorts of situations where my two "big" friends were denied access or had to do some alternative process. And other times, when sitting next to each other it is very uncomfortable, but besides it being frustrating, I wouldn't mind.

Within a relationship: I don't think I could do it. If I can go through the trouble to watch my diet and exercise, so can my partner. It just shows me that they don't respect their bodies. People tell me this is a harsh opinion, but it's completely true, and people are sometimes a bit too euphemistic to say it out loud. Then again, I don't have much experience in dating and I guess you can't help who you fall for... Although I usually am much more attracted to fit guys emotionally - it's just how I am wired.

Sorry for the novel >.< Got a bit excited there...:lol:

12. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You know whats funny? Since I first read this thread I've noticed cutter, heavier guys...how odd

13. wherewulfe

wow the poll results made me sad....im not obese but jesus christ guys.....

14. Echidna1

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Agree.

15. Hidden Angel

Hidden Angel Guest

I don't consciously put it down to not liking people who are overweight but I seem to have a thing for small, petite girls so I don';t think I would ever date anyone who is. _ Sounds really shallow I know but I can't help it, I just wouldn't be attracted to them in the first weight.

16. carrie90

Originally Montana but currently San Fransisco
    oooo i would love to say it doesn't matter to me but i can't i dont mind people who are a little over-weight but i don't like obese people i'm not obssesed with looks but i have to feel some kind of attraction which i can't do with an obese person

17. erod123

i really dont care as long as they have a great personality and of course cute id date him like i said it really doesnt matter to me:slight_smile:

18. Markio

Wait, weight does matter to me, in that I prefer heavier men! Although I do find men who are thinner to be attractive enough.

Maybe weight doesn't matter to me enough that I would find a person unattractive because of it.

19. Owl47

Out Status:
    Some people
    I prefer skinnier men, but not too skinny, just fit or in good shape is good.

But different strokes for different folks, everyone has their own opinion and likes :slight_smile:

20. ANightDude

I don't care, if they were obese, well then, yeah, that wouldn't attract me. A little overweight I don't mind at all. :slight_smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.