1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does weight matter to you?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Swamp56, Jun 28, 2009.

?

Does weight matter to you?

1. Yes, I don't like people who are overweight

48 vote(s)
    25.9%
  2. Yes, I don't like people who are obese

81 vote(s)
    43.8%
  3. No, it doesn't really matter to me

51 vote(s)
    27.6%
  4. No, I like overweight/obese people

5 vote(s)
    2.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

Just wondering, since I'm a bit overweight (not obese thank God), although I'm trying to eat healthier, and I've grown about 2 inches in the past 2 months, so it's starting to proportion itself out.

I'm convinced that, because I have a bit of a stomach, that I won't be able to find anyone who likes me and whatnot.

#1 Swamp56, Jun 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2009
  2. No One

I'm fine with people that are a little over weight. I know I'm shallow but I'm just not attracted to obese people and i want to wake up every morning next to someone I'm attracted to.

3. mattypants

im a bit confused on what the context is... just platonic wise or more intimate?

4. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

Intimate

5. sdc91

Friend-wise, I don't care unless it affects our ability to do certain things (if you can't fit in a roller coaster... :/ ).

Relationship-wise, I want to date someone who's in shape. I work hard to keep my body nice and I'd like him to be the same. (Yes, I realize there are overweight people who work hard and can't keep off some pounds... just a preference.)

6. -Michael-

Meh,

I don't like fat people.
    I mean, they're people who are overweight...

then there's fat people...

7. Just Adam

i dont care i want a guy who trys but its nor the be all and end all . seeing as im fat myself i feel pretty screwed anyway so i know how it feels

8. lostinthought9

hmmm...It wouldn't necessarily be a deal breaker if he has a gut...I guess I wouldn't mind.

9. GhostDog

It depends on how overweight. I think someone who's a bit on the pudgier side is more attractive than someone who's supermodel skinny, but there are limits. Some people carry extra weight better than others, too. Someone whose extra padding is evenly distributed is more attractive to me than someone who's apple shaped or something.

I'm portly, m'self, and I know losing weight can be hard. So someone's weight wouldn't be a deal-breaker for me, necessarily. But someone who's overweight yet still eats horribly and doesn't exercise (unless there's a legitimate reason that they can't) seems to me to just not be taking care of themselves. It'd be hard to care about somebody who doesn't care enough about themselves to make some kind of effort to be healthy.

10. Mysterons

Mysterons Guest

I don't really mind, though if he were obese I'd encourage him to lose weight not simply for aesthetical but health reasons.

I think I tend to be more attracted to faces than bodies (concerning the physical aspect alone, then there's personality and whatnot).

11. BlakeHarmony

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a little confused about the pool options, but a little extra weight doesn't matter as long as they are eating well and exercising and it is kept at just a little extra. If they are obese then I can't see myself having any physical attraction to them at all which is a component in overall attraction, so no to obese people. I've had quite a few crushes on people who aren't the definition of skinny, that's for sure.

12. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have no problems with people who are overweight (and I'm fairly generous with my tolerances). I'm not generally physically attracted to people who are more than a little "obese" (like big gut, out of breath walking, etc) however just like I'm not physically attracted to ugly people, that doesn't mean there's no hope for a relationship because there's far more to a relationship than just looks.

However I have a problem with morbidly obese people, who have problems doing basic physical activity, because it kind of says "I don't care about my heath". Just like smoking or other substance abuse. It doesn't mean I don't like them, just that I worry about them.

Last summer a co-worker had a nephew that had a heart attack (he survived). And she (the co-worker) was going on about how he was only 16 and 300lbs and he should be watching his weight. This woman herself is 40, at least 350 pounds, and has a fast food lunch every day. Someone did try to genitally remind her of that.

I am thrilled when someone that's overweight decides to make a positive change.

13. Ben

Ben

If BMI is anything to go by, then "overweight" people can be really attractive.
    Actually I am more attracted to the typical slightly overweight person to the typical underweight person. More to hug :grin:

14. Numfarh

Numfarh Guest

I really wish there was another option.
    " I don't like myself because I'm overweight."

15. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

http://www.emptyclosets.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25536

Let's not forget this is a support website and that not all members may find that appropriate or tasteful. Knowing when to post and when not to post is important.

You're still growing at 18? :eek: And two inches no less.

Well let me tell you about my experience Swampster. :slight_smile: (Good to see you on a more positive note than lately as well! :kiss:) At around our age 18-24ish, young men in the college ages seem to desire physical attributes instead of anything else. There are those types of people who will avoid you because you don't wear the best clothes or drink expensive coffee's. In fact, there are plenty of straight people who do that. But I think people who do that are trying to please themselves foremost. And trust me, you don't want friends or boyfriends like that. You should be appreciated as a whole, not based on your radius or circumference. Nor on your income or how you should be spending it.

Personal note: People who buy 4-6$ coffee every day and then moan to me "I never have any money. I'm so broke. Man this economy sucks." while sipping their Star Bucks annoy me.

I also have to agree with her. :slight_smile: I find people who have a little pudge far more attractive to skinny stick figures or model types. Big expensive brands do nothing to garner sexual attraction points. Sure, sex is one thing, but I don't want to even spend time on someone who cannot appreciate anything but themselves. Although there are those stereotypical gay men, not all are like that--I promise.

:slight_smile: Have a good day.

#15 The Enigma, Jun 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2009
  16. starfish

I won't date someone that is more than a few pounds overweight.

I have been overweight most of my life. I have never been happy being overweight and have started losing weight. I am in my late 20s and I can already tell the toll it has taken on my body. It has been very hard work and has been a big lifestyle change for me.

My point is that I can't be with someone that has the same bad habits I have. It is difficult enough being around friends that have those bad habits. It may be shallow, but I have to look out for my self here.

17. kettleoffish

I'm a little overweight and it annoys me greatly, I joke about it, but really, it represents everything that's wrong with me (a hell of a lot more than the 20 or so extra pounds I'm carrying) in my head and every time I look at myself in a mirror all I see are my own faults. So yeah, weight does matter to me. It matters a lot. In a potential partner though, not so much. I look at the personality first and foremost, and unless they're a complete dog, sex appeal is less important to me - besides, chubby =/= ugly.

18. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Just to add to this, while I'm not overweight, that doesn't mean it comes automatically. I do put an effort into exercising and eating "right". If I buy junk food, I will eat it. So I don't buy it. I can easily put on 20 pounds if I "let myself go".

But then I go over to a friend's house and they start putting bowls of chips or plates of cookies in front of me.

They want to order Pizza, I'm like "I only want a slice", and before I know it, an extra large is ordered.

I go to the theatre "Oh Kenko you should order some fries or popcorn". No, I just finished dinner, I'm not hungry.

Go out for coffee, don't order anything to go with it, "Oh you're not having anything to eat?" No, I don't need a 400 calorie cake-bomb.

19. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have to admit, I have never really been attracted to somebody who is pretty overweight. I don't think it's attractive to be dangerously thin, but I also don't find the opposite to that attractive either (dangerously overweight). I like people to look after themselves both physically and mentally, so to be obese (medical conditions aside) is not an attractive quality for me. I've been around people before who have been underweight and overweight for medical reasons, and the complications they had at the time caused them various problems in life, so for somebody to be dangerously underweight or overweight out of their own free-will is something I can't get my head around. I understand some people just can't put on weight or they put on weight easily, but, imo, it takes neglect for your weight to get into a danger zone. It's important for me to make sure I'm at a healthy weight, and I like others doing the same. I find it hard to be attracted to those who don't treat their bodies the same.

20. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not to me, at least in a long-lasting meanigful relationship. If he has a few extra pounds, it's just more to love. I myself have major image issues (mostly dealing with my weight) so I hope to find someone who'll feel the same way. Besides that average dudes are way hotter than super buff models, at least to me. Now if he can't get out of bed, there is definetly not going to be anything sexual going on, but that's not to say I wouldn't love him regardless of size.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.