1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does weight matter to you?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Swamp56, Jun 28, 2009.

?

Does weight matter to you?

1. Yes, I don't like people who are overweight

48 vote(s)
    25.9%
  2. Yes, I don't like people who are obese

81 vote(s)
    43.8%
  3. No, it doesn't really matter to me

51 vote(s)
    27.6%
  4. No, I like overweight/obese people

5 vote(s)
    2.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RaRa

QFT.

There are lots of people who have a little extra baggage but are very attractive. A close friend of mine is really nice and curvy and she can get any guy she wants.

2. Amy

Amy

Weight doesn't matter to me.
    Being healthy does. There's a huge differance.

3. Derek the Wolf

My boyfriend weighs about 110 pounds and I weigh about 200. I've asked him before and he always said he's attracted to things like my intelligence and personality... physically he says I'm nowhere near perfect but he doesn't care. In any sort of meaningful relationship sometimes you have to look past a person's body, because if you're going to be with them for a long time their appearance is going to change anyway. I'm just lucky I found someone open-minded cause I'm no looker... but he's ungodly cute. Still, if he wasn't, it wouldn't mean anything to me. What's more important is the person and who they are, the body is just a vessel for the person.

4. silas99

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree with you on this 100%. I'm into my healthy eating (with occational once in a blue moon take aways). I could never go out with someone who eats chips, burgers and fried food all day.

5. fallendream

im too thin, and i WANT to gain weight, because then i can be who i want...im one of the few that hate muscles and want people that wobble when you poke 'em (!)

6. Rosina

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    In all honesty, blubbering bulging and sticky-thin people put me off so much when I see them. HOWEVER, I know a few from both ends of the spectrum, they're great family friends, so without meaning to sound hypocritical, some obese / very-thin people are really lovely, and I don't see their outer physic, just who they are personality-wise.

But attractiveness wise, as in seeing them on the street, I really can't say 'Yeah, hot stuff' until I get to know them better. My life philosophy is that it really doesn't matter what you look like, if you've a beautiful mind, it really shows and I'll pick up on those people. I honestly wouldn't care if my soul-mate was round and tubby or tall and lean, it's the person on the inside that counts.

:slight_smile:

7. EM68

Weight does not matter to me to much. I like someone who is healthy. my bf has a couple of extra pounds but it does not matter to me at all. I care for him as a person.

8. Lychee

I should be obese, with the amount of crappy food I eat, and my total lack of exercise, however, due to some unknown reason, I'm not, which I'm quite thankful for. And there's the people who are morbidly obese and struggle to lose one kilogram. So, I was lucky in getting some gene, and I fully appreciate that, and therefore I wouldn't discriminate on someone based on weight. I mean, if they were like the fat man in the circus, then yeah, I wouldn't be attracted to them most probably, however, I really couldn't care less about looks. Like many of the posters above, I find over-weight people a lot more attractive than under-weight people.

9. SRSLYMARK

I'm 5'10" and 150 lbs. and the guy I'm seeing is 5'4" and 180 lbs, and he's totally perfect. It's all about how you carry yourself. If you have some extra curves, but you dress nice and present yourself in a positive way, I'll be attracted to you. But if you decide to not embrace your body and just walk around like a slob out of self-loathing, that's not the kind of person I want in my life.

And besides, I'm rail-thin, and why would I want to date someone like myself? xD. Bigger guys are much cuddlier.

10. jazzrawr

I can't say that really unhealthy, obese people are a turn on.
    However, in a girlfriend I definately like girls with more to them. Skinny isn't really a turn on for me, I like girls shaped more like...well, more like me.
    I'm not fat, but I'm definately more skinny. I'm...chubby? More to love! ^.^
    So I suppose in a general sense weight matters - I'm just not attracted to the extremes of the spectrum, I suppose.
    I like chubby girls <3 :grin:

11. Mind Freak

I'm kind of conflicted on this one.
    If a person is a little chubby I don't mind much because I'm no underwear model myself.

And some people are just so attractive (well to me) that I still think they're good looking even with the beer gut. Lol.

12. DexterMorgan

I'm concerned about my own weight; not anybody else's.

13. Totoro

This.
    I couldn't have said it better myself. Anybody morbidly thin/obese does not really attract me :| Quote seems to fit my opinion fine as well...

14. notquitebutch

I'd like someone around my size, give or take a little. I'm actually not into really skinny girls... I feel like I'd break them :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I'm about 148lbs and 5"2, so i've got a bit of a belly (and thighs, but.)

15. NateDawg

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Agreed.

Agreed as well.

16. Jace

being totally honest

i'm not attaracted to over weight guys.

i'm not saying that they're ugly
    theres actually a few guys who are overweight and goodlooking

but i'm not sexually attracted to them.

for girls, i think as long as they're not obese they can def get away with some extra baggage and still be hella sexy.

17. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good to know that my size is yet another thing standing between me and love. Personally, it's a non-issue for me if a girl's overweight.

18. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

The best way to think of that is that you weed out a lot of losers!(*hug*)

19. Colly

It doesn't really matte for me, because I should point out that I'm overweight myself. It's not what's on the outside that counts, It's who the person is on the inside.

I just wish that some of the guys around here (In my locale) would be the same way. Then I might actually have someone interested in me ._.

20. Having battled a bout of anorexia for close to a year (10 months I think it was), I obsess over my weight. So saying I don't care about my weight is a lie at best and dangerous at worst. But in looking at other people my feelings are consistent with other peoples. The morbidly obese and Olsen twin skinny people don't usually catch my eye, but if you have a few extra pounds and you carry it well I could probably still be attracted to you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.