1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do You Have To Hide That You Go On EC?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by YuriBunny, Aug 5, 2014.

1. BelleFromHell

I do. Not because I have to, but because my mom is super creepy and snoopy when in comes to my privacy, and I'm a super anxious person. I'm more worried about my mom watching one of the 50+ episodes of Hetalia: Axis Powers on my iPod. I'd sooner move out than explain that to her.

2. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't "have" to hide it but I choose to.

3. CyberScream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nope. I don't say nothing and nobody snoops on my computer. So the conversation never comes up.

4. Buttermilk

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I hide it in order to avoid serious problems with my parents. My whole family is pretty much anti-LGBT, and I kinda was too, until I realized I was gay. (-_-') But yeah, incognito windows save lives. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My mother asked me if this is my 'gay dating site', lol.

6. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    maybe try using the private browsing option in your browser?

7. antibinary

I go on private browsing and have an extra tab open at some other website. My parents don't look at the tab names. Also I hide a lot of things as I technically have not requested permission to be on there.

#107 antibinary, Jan 18, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2015
  8. beyourself

beyourself Guest

I have my own computer and only use it in my own room so my family doesn't know about EC.

9. howsit

howsit Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My family does not have access to my technology so it's a non-issue. I have my laptop hooked up to my TV though so I erase my browser history when my buddies come over. Mostly because they'd tear me a new asshole for using a forum like a loser, not because I'm gay (they know) lol.

10. fulcrum

I really feel for some of you guys in this thread. I sucks SOOO much to have to hide. :-( So much draining energy! I remember having to do the same when I was in the closet.

I hope you all find your freedom someday. (*hug*)

11. aeva

I haven't told my parents/friends exactly WHICH forum I use (because I'm paranoid), but they do know that I go on an LGBT forum a lot. I'm pretty much 100% out anyway.

There is one friend who knows, because he is interested in joining.

12. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

No, I don't. I'm out to my parents, and they don't really give a fuck what I do online.

13. MrSkittles

I have my own computer so my parents don't know I go on EC and don't even know that it exists

14. Miles16

Miles16 Guest

Not really, I don't like people looking at what I do online in general but no one really looks at my shit anyway

15. gasian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Each time after I finish looking at EC, I go to Chrome history and automatically delete all entries related to LGBTQ stuff...
    Sometimes before I leave for school, I won't have time to clear my history, but I've found that just by making my laptop look like it's locked by dimming the screen all the way, nobody's gonna snoop. I've got a test for this: my parents don't know that I have Facebook, so if they ever ask about that, then it's time to buff up secrecy again!I also only post on EC in my room with the door locked and the laptop facing away from the door so nobody 'accidentally' comes in.

16. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm pretty open about it. Maybe too open for my status here as a user, maybe. Nobody except a very few people know who I personally know do know who I am on here, and they include my boyfriend and a close friend I've had since High school (actually I don't even know if they know who I am on here). Point being that yes, there are people who know I post here.

17. wolf of fire

I only use it on tablet. The funny thing is my parents wouldn't mind my sexuality or gender but talking to strangers would be the real issue.

18. Whisper

Out Status:
    A few people
    I've been here, what, a day? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    But it's not really a problem. Okay, partly because even though this is a home computer I basically hog it and my mom hardly has a chance to get on. Oops. :astonished:
    But I'm out to her so it doesn't matter anyway.
    I do have to admit even though it hardly ever happens I'm paranoid about someone having to use my computer and seeing the bookmark. I'm not going to un-bookmark it just in case that happens, though.

19. ANewDawn

I was already addicted to my phone so no one notices that I spend all day on this site. Besides it's pass code locked and I never let anyone touch it, or borrow it for a second. Tho I came out to my parents if they found this site they would think y'all brainwashed me into being gay.

20. essie

I have my own computer, but I still use incognito mode just to make sure no one finds it. I had to use my mobile to check it while I was in Rome though and, even if I deleted the broswer history, every time I try to surf the net "emptyclosets.com" is still the first website my phone suggests.. Oh, well. My parents can barely speak English, plus hiding the stuff you don't want others to see is what passwords are for.