1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do You Have To Hide That You Go On EC?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by YuriBunny, Aug 5, 2014.

1. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Since a lot of people here aren't out to their families, I wonder how they go about hiding to go on EC.

When I first joined EC, I was out to my little sister and a few friends at school. My sister, who likes to be in the same room as me all day, soon found out about EC, but yeah, I was already out to her. My parents didn't find out until I was already out to them. My mom saw because I accidentally left it open when I went to go see something my sister made, and my dad found out looking through my browser history. He freaked out at first, since he's super protective of my Internet activity, but I don't think he has a problem with it anymore. He did read several of my posts though. :confused:

At least they didn't find out before I came out to them. I've seen threads here before about people's parents finding out about their sexuality by seeing them on EC.

How 'bout you?

2. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, but it's not so bad. The computer is down in the basement in the corner, and my family doesn't go there a lot, but I occasionally have to close tabs. I'm really glad my parents don't snoop through my internet history, but I delete it anyways :lol:

3. TurtleCat

I don't really have to hide. I live with my husband and I've told him about this site and that I go on it and he doesn't mind. He knows about my bisexuality, anyway.

4. Nope. I'm 24. I own my computer and no one uses it except me.

And besides, I'm out to everyone so it wouldn't be a huge shock to anyone who knew me well enough to be near my computer.

5. Adarya

I do not bring it up because I am afraid that people I know will find me on here. Yet, if they asked me if I was on EC I wouldn't lie. My family and most of my friends know I'm on an lgbtq forum.

6. julianne

I have my own computer, so I generally just switch tabs if anyone comes into my room. My Mom thinks I spend a lot of time just staring at Facebook :lol: I also use incognito mode, just to be extra careful.

7. Diego89

Yes, I only access it from my iPad which is locked.

8. My parents can't read English, so I have nothing to worry about :grin:

9. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I sometimes use my parent's iPad to go on here and sometimes I leave it open accidentally. Later, I come back and see that the history has been cleared and that Safari is on private. The only person who knows how to do both of those things is my dad...so I think he knows I'm on here, but my mom has no clue. I don't think they really care or at least, they don't ask me about it.

10. gaynerd64

I have a separate browser locked in private mode

11. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Same!

12. Csp1993

Csp1993 Guest

I am overly paranoid about someone finding out. I only get on EC on my iPad which has a pass code and Safari is on "private". I still think someone may see it some how. I also try to only get on here when I'm all alone in a room.

13. Acm

Acm Guest

I have my own computer, and my mom doesn't go through my internet history so it's not a problem. The only time I worry is if I go on using my phone in a public place, and I have to watch to make sure nobody is around

14. doglover44

doglover44 Guest

Yes all the time !

15. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I used to have to hide it, but I don't have to anymore.

16. Kordeli

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Oh god I have to be really carefu.l I have my own gaming computer and my laptop, but I'm to scared to risk it so I only get on EC via my phone. Plus I have internet tracking off and my phone has a lock. To say the least I'm really paranoid :/. I'm really only out to one really good friend, and itll probably stay that way for awhile.

17. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've only been on EC with my family's computer once or twice, and I was paranoid so I cleared the history even though my parents aren't tech-savvy and don't know how to look at history. I always use my iPod and if my parents approach me while I'm on it I switch to a different tab or app, or lock the iPod. I'm very paranoid about them finding this site before I'm out to them. In public places where I don't know anyone, I don't care; I'll most likely never see them again. They don't know me.

18. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

There is only one computer in my house. Technically it's mine because it's in my room but my mom uses it from time to time. Anything gay-related I do from my phone because I'm paranoid.

19. the haunted

Nope. I have my own computer that nobody else uses. Plus I'm already out to my parents. I wouldn't want anyone else knowing I use EC though. I'm not ashamed, but I like to do my own secret little things that nobody else knows about.

20. BelleFromHell

I use a tablet, and my mom has only caught me on EC once. She didn't see the logo, though, so she didn't know what this site is about.

I try to hide EC from everyone, but only out of nervousness (I don't like people looking at what I do online). I'm already out to my parents.