1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do people suspect you're LGBT?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by CandyKing, Dec 21, 2014.

1. MissBookworm

MissBookworm Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, the reactions I got when I first came out were something along the lines of, "But you can't be gay! You're so pretty/feminine! I mean, it just doesn't make sense!" So no, no one has any idea. I feel like people assume guys are gay more than they assume girls are. But maybe that's just the people I know. ^-^

2. Acm

Acm Guest

Yeah. I don't pass as male very well so everyone assumes I'm a really butch lesbian.

3. Steele

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Generally speaking, no.

Though there was one friend who said he kinda suspected it. But he only started suspecting it when I told him I was asexual. That was when I was 19, and I've been friends with him since I was 6.

4. justbehappy

I wished they at least suspected, that way I wouldn't need to elaborate the craziest of schemes on " how to come out".
    So for the time being to the people who surround me, I'm as straight as Taylor Swift. That's really messed up since I actually never done or said anything that would imply that I'm straight. :dry:

5. Sepina

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nope, but as soon as I start talking then yeah.

6. NotSureWhatIam

Well, at first they didn't. Then the whole having sex with a man thing kind of gave it away somehow. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Seriously though - people largely do not suspect that I am gay. I have to out right tell them 100% of the time. I find this works to my advantage, but also to my own despair. Its hard to find another gay man interested in a generally masculine man. I wish I was more femenine, in fact I make efforts to be so. But I'm a 5.5 on the Kinsey scale, yet I look like a 1. I wear a pride bracelet, dress nicely, and apparently I stand like a girl (lol). But other than that no I'm hard to detect.

#26 NotSureWhatIam, Dec 21, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2014
  7. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

I'm so obvious, I'm sure people would suspect just by chatting with me that I'm gay.

#27 NingyoBroken, Dec 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2014
  8. ZestyLion

Sort of. At first when I started to come out to people they said that I did not seem gay at all and that I surprised them. Now that I express myself more, people are not that surprised and they actually just go on with the conversation as if they knew.

9. Burnedcloset

I'm not really sure. I think I am really good at "acting striaght" but, at the same time I'm the only person with a questionable opinion towards things.

I can see why people would maybe suspect me. It's just not very obvious unless, I open up to you on a deep level.

10. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Never. If anyone at all suspects, they've never brought it up to me. My mom asks me if I'm a lesbian like once a year so sometimes I wonder, but it's always as a joke and she's so homophobic that I can't imagine what she'd do if I said "Actually I'm bi."

11. Wukie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    When I was in the closet I got asked a lot and most people suspected it. I have always been an advocate for the community even when closeted, so that added to the curiosity. When I came out, no one was surprised. I was expecting a big deal and lots of negativity, but when I came out they were just kind of like "Ah, I always figured."

12. kyfry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not at all, which is surprising considering how I have my hair styled and colored. Many people just look at me and go "Aw he let his girlfriend do his hair."

13. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

Yes, most people kind of assume because I fit some of the sterotypes. MOST of the. In fact I'm flamboyant and my voice and the way I talk I mean I just, idk! Also I'm open with everything so out of what I say people assum. For the sake of example;
    Adam(teacher[first name basis]) share something with us about you
    Lenys(friend):I'm a cheerleader but Im not stuck up like many of you beleive
    Josiah(friend):I like to sing
    Me:I like romantic novels
    Lenys:wow you're awesome considering I don't kown many guys who would admit that, are you gay?
    Me: yes but that has nothing to do with me liking romantic novels!
    All:*laugh*

14. Sepulse

Sepulse Guest

Most of the time they don't. Sometimes people suspect I'm gay if I'm with a girl. I've also been hit on by girls before, so I must have at least some gay vibe.

#34 Sepulse, Dec 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2014
  15. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Apparently, people have a somewhat hard time telling I'm gay. People are like "Wow, I would have never guessed..." when I come out to them.

16. WallWeed

Eh, if they do, they keep it to themselves. I've heard through the grapevine that people suspect that I am, but, being at a private Christian university, it's too taboo to outwardly ask about, so everything remains rumor. I suppose I'm more often seen as an independent tomboy that's just not interested in relationships.

17. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Not at all.

In fact, everyone thinks that I'm just randomly hooking up with women for some reason. :lol:

18. marleyevans

Nope. I'm quite feminine and absolutely everybody I've come out to so far has asked the question, "Really?" and in some cases "are you sure?" So mysterious.

19. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't have the faintest idea. Some days, I pass as male and others I get misgendered and not sure if anyone has a clue.

20. L0ser

Eh, as far as I can tell; no. Although I am not too subtle and tend to "jokingly" make remarks about other guys. But I do show attraction to girls and such so maybe people do suspect.

They'd probably suspect I'm gay, but they'd be wrong.