1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do people suspect you're LGBT?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by CandyKing, Dec 21, 2014.

1. Belle the Bee

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Some people do. I have short hair and wear flannel just about everyday. I've had open lesbians flirt with me, but being with my straight friends and my sister, I didn't really persue it like I wanted to. One of my straight friends is 100% convinced I am the gayest of the gays but won't say it to my face because she's afraidbi have a crush on her.

2. Dryad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sometimes, yes. When I had shorter hair, there were more people. Now, it's usually people with whom I hang out more or other gay/bi people.

3. Formality

No, in high school girls would think I was coming onto them when I was just being nice, or friendly to them. Or liked spending time with them and they'd think I was all about them... Which was not the case. One girl actually pretty much attacked my face with her slobbering tongue when she was drunk. It was quite awkward.

Honestly though I don't think I come off as stereotypically gay or "feminine" really. I had a feeling some people knew my sexuality during high school though. I had this one girl friend who always left me hints, to the point that it sometimes got a bit absurd how regularly they were "fired" at me. I found it a bit funny so I gave her little winks in response :lol: But I never actually told her out loud about my sexuality.

4. TheSeeker

Not typically, but I am really open about it, especially among my friends and coworkers. But I don't have any "tells" that would give any indication to the general public.

5. Alive

No one could tell when I used to dress pretty femininely. But now that I dress more androgynous/masculine, a few people can figure out my sexuality more.

6. Alwaysintrance

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a team manager and out at work / new people always know that I'm gay. I don't feel like I broadcast it so it's either I'm just totally obviously or people talk. I'm not too fussed either way.

7. guitar

People are typically shocked when they find out I am. I'm not stereotypical at all.

8. Shadows123

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    About half and half

9. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My family thinks I'm gay. They always have and probably always will. They somehow always manage to forget about my past male crushings and the answers I've given them on this. I'm pretty certain that my grandmother and perhaps, even my mom, think that I have "gender issues".

Some of My friends told me, before I came out as bi, that they suspected that I wasn't straight. It makes me wonder how I come off to other people like, strangers.

10. Emmanuella

No :frowning2:

Only when I wear rainbow bracelets as a hint. .. and even then, I notice people enquiring/trying to guess what the rainbow bracelet "means"... but they never come out directly to ask about my orientation.

11. tscott

No, I don't think so based on initial impressions...I'm pretty masculine looking, I go to church, I'm divorced but, I have 3 kids, I'm more conservative in my politics, and I dress like an old school preppy...I'm very open about being gay though...I sing with the RGMC which doesn't leave one with the impression I'm straight...There have been a few who've sussed it out right away, however.

12. ANewDawn

Unfortunately I look extremely straight - I would be so happy if a stranger would ever look at me and know I wasn't.

13. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    People that I know - maybe.. if not, it's easy to figure it out, strangers - I'm almost sure that they don't.

14. Mith

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yes, I guess.
    At school I think that everyone suspected it, I never hided it and I always passionately defend LGBT rights in every single occasion.