1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do people suspect you're LGBT?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by CandyKing, Dec 21, 2014.

1. TeePee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    when i was younger, yes but now i'd say 50/50. Those who suspect don't really ask but make statements to let me know they are suspicious

2. Fafner

My mom asked me straight out once if I was gay, I had no idea at the time that I was not 100% straight :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. ForeverYoung000

Yea, kinda.

In 7th and 8th grade, people figured out or wondered if I was bisexual and I didn't say anything, still questioning and indenial. In my Freshman year, they did the same thing but I was still in that stage. Now that I am sure, people hardly ask/notice because I look/seem straight to them. I guarantee if they asked now, I would tell them that I am a bisexual but with a preference for females. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. Weregild

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Probably, though no one has ever shared their perspective with me.

5. Nightdream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Most people I came out to thought that I was bi, so I believed that I could "pass" as straight pretty well until I came out to my stepmother and she said that she suspected that I was lesbian because I had no interest in making me look pretty by using feminine clothes and makeup, also I never showed any interest in any boy. So I think that other family members might suspect that I'm LGBT too.

6. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm one of those weird cases where people initially think of me as a strong ladies man, but once they know the truth, they look at me and go "How on earth did I fucking miss that?"

7. xylaz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    On first impressions I'm the "straightest" gay(bi?) dude you will ever see. I'm conceited, selfish, chauvinistic and vainly masculine.
    But if you get me happy, you will find that I have typically "feminine" interests or mannerisms. My gay side comes out when I'm too distracted in the moment to put up masks...I'm a very nice, chill person.
    Depends on whether you actually know me, and only a view people have insinuated this side of me, my best friends exclusively.

8. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think some girls at school who have had questionable looks when they see my hairy legs, short hair, and flat chest who's never had a boyfriend think I'm a butch lesbian, but really, I'm the opposite. Gay feminine male.

9. MotelGuy

MotelGuy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My Middle School classmates, the male ones, accused me of being Gay...Of course I denied it...But then again, they accused everyone of being Gay...After all, they're dumb teens, so it doesn't really count...

Nowadays, everything completely changed...Nobody suspects a thing, or accuses me of being Gay...But like I said before, whenever I come out to females, almost all of them tell me they already knew...

10. Burnedcloset

Lately they have to be. Everything I say is really gay. I talk about LGBTQ+ people/issues all the time. I say yasssssss bitch yassss, slay, smize, queen, and all the gay slang. It seems like I'm trying to tell people without actually saying it.

11. MindvsHeart

MindvsHeart Guest

Probably.

I dress masculinely whenever I go out and it's quite obvious that I shave. The funny thing is that most people speculate (meaning they stare at me intensely whenever we talk) but they never voice their observations out-loud...which I find hilarious.

I also think that alot of the people who suspect it, are in denial if they do come to the LGBTQIA conclusion because 'MvH couldn't be...' *continues to stare at me quizzically while I smile mysteriously*

12. m e l v i n

no.. i think the only reason they could guess, if ever, is because i've never been in a relationship :/

13. C P

C P

Apparently not, despite the fact I rarely, if ever, talk about girls out of my own will, I don't appear interested in a relationship, and ya di da(about all I do is play along with people teasing me about a random girl...). My family, etc. also seem to have this notion that I have a crush on a certain female celeb...

It must also be telling that near nobody suspects though because, around the time I became aware of where my attractions were, I had told the one lgbt friend I had that I was possibly questioning and he said it was odd because he had never gotten that vibe from me. Unfortunately...this was before I confirmed anything myself(he has since long vanished from shortly after HS ended).

Sometimes I do wonder if select girls have some kinda sixth sense about this stuff or something...the one, and only, time I've been asked directly was by this girl not too long ago who was waiting for her bf, to help with car troubles, at this restaurant(it was late/raining). Her and her friend randomly started a convo with me for like 10-15min(?) and then, out of the blue, she was like 'Hey, are you gay?'. Wtf? Frickin' weird...

#133 C P, Feb 2, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2015
  14. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Yes and no. On one hand, I've only had someone kinda hint that they knew something once. Except when I started messaging my closest friends saying I had "something important to talk to" them about, and then every single one of them responded with "It's cool if you're lgbt". And on the other hand, my dad will openly defend my masculinity and yet I highly doubt (like 97%) that he suspects anything. I think he has the same opinion of my gender/sexuality that most people do. Straight tomboy...:/

15. black-cat

A lot of people assume I am gay, I think I must just ooze the gay sparkles, or something.

16. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No, never. Everyone, even other LGBT's assume I'm straight. If I didn't know me, I'd assume I'm straight too.

17. The Janitor

Kansas City (such originality for a city name)
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I doubt it. Any time I say anything about guys being attractive, people think I'm being satirical.

18. tulman

Only the ones I want to suspect and that's a select few. I wish it wasn't that way but it has to be.

19. antibinary

Before I came out, one of my friends constantly asked me if I was a lesbian. So annoying. And his evidence: I didn't look away when a the a drag queen showed his/her obviously fake boobs.

20. Pine

Pine Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    No, not at all where I live. If they were even thinking I might be, I'd know all about it.