1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do people suspect you're LGBT?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by CandyKing, Dec 21, 2014.

1. WyldStyle

Back in highschool, I was dating this girl. And at school I was talking to one of my friends and she got mentioned in the conversation. The guy was like "Wait, you have a girlfriend?" and then he told me didn't think I was straight, I forget how he said it exactly, this was a while ago. But yeah, apparently I come off as not heterosexual.

Oh, and then one time I came out to my friend that I was bi and she said she wasn't surprised. So that's something.

2. Manta

Eh, all my friends that I'm not out to are convinced I'm either lesbian or asexual. So I guess I send out some strange LGBT vibes, even when I was as deep in the closet as Narnia.

3. ChameleonSoul

Not that I know of. Everyone I've ever come out to has told me that I'm "too masculine" to be gay or was completely shocked. I wish that I was at least a bit more obvious so that I don't have to deal with all the awkwardness of coming out.

4. all paths

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good question.

In middle school, one ex-friend (female) certainly did. (Whether I think it was justified or not. I have very little clue what she thought she was basing her supposition off of, at that time in my life.)

In my adulthood, the first non-friend, or acquaintance, I ventured to tell was a gay guy I worked around. I still distinctly remember his :icon_eek: face when I told him. :lol:

So that kinda told me that while some here & there may suspect, it's not something that most people 'see' in me.

5. Iowan1976

I have no idea. I think at times they might, but no one says anything about it.

6. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    People hardly ever do , in fact most don't . I have heard from a few men and women that it's because I'm attractive that they would think i'm straight .
    I got strange reactions when people find out I'm a lesbian .:dry:

When I was in high school and elementary school there was lesbian rumors about me though so those were the only time people got my sexuality right .
    Even though I was very girly in elementary school , most of the girls thought I was lesbian because I didn't kiss and was not interested in men , I mostly kept to myself and hardly had any female friends and lack of male friends as well but I did like having male friends more than female friends . Also me and my friend at the time would hold hands people would call us lesbians . I think my friend at the time did have a thing for me but I didn't feel the same as her .
    In high school I wouldn't afford good clothes and plus I didn't care what I looked like so I just dressed badly . People took that as OH she's a lesbian , I didn't care that they thought I was a lesbian what bothered me is why would they think I was gay because I dressed badly and that it was an insult to other lesbians because the ones I knew that was butch dressed well

#46 stocking, Dec 21, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2014
  7. Hemlock

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Those who don't know don't have a clue.

8. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    They often think I'm LGBT - specifically, they often think I'm a lesbian. They almost never think I'm trans.

9. Thedistra

Most of the time I'm mistaken for a straight teenage boy... I don't mind considering that has been happening since I was a child. Otherwise people suspect/assume that I'm a lesbian, for the most part.

10. iHeartYouu

Most of the time I guess, I got asked by my crush if I'm les before. I think its the way I ask and the fact that I have an eye candy in a girl's school.

11. Lyana

People assume I'm completely straight. But I'm surrounded by people for whom it wouldn't be that big of a deal anyway, so I guess they just don't ask themselves the queston.

12. Blueplanets

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Lesbians smell me from a mile away apparently. I really don't mind :wink: .
    Straight men never imagine I'm "not straight".

13. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

look into my eyes

would you?

14. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I tend to get "raging homosexual" and "but I thought you were 100% straight!"

I really have no idea which is more prevalent as an opinion.

15. Black Raven

Black Raven Guest

People -know- I'm LGBT. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

16. White Knight

I don't really know at this point in life and really don't care.

I will neither admit being gay directly nor being a heterosexual...

During high school they a rumor/suspect started after they find love letters to boys... however they were pranks I was preparing for one of my friends... They asked me to write them. So verbally abused too much about it.

During military service I let some people I am interested in guys sexually which made both me and them more comfortable. *wink wink*

In recent years I openly admitted my interest for some blode guy to my back then co-worker now my boss. Also I am out to my best friend. Very loud about LGBT rights or other injustice in this country to everyone in everywhere.

I get hint from here and there some people suspect I am gay but I don't mind them much. However for a person who doesn't know me even suspecting that is too much...

17. Haim

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    As far as I'm aware no. I'm not sterotyically "lesbian" and quite private about my personal life. I'm also very liberal politically so having pro LGTB views does not seem like any indicator anyway.

18. antibinary

One guy used to suspect that I was lesbian and when xame out to him he was like, I knew you liked girls.

19. Hatsune Miku

nah i'm too pro at hiding it

20. doglover44

doglover44 Guest

for me its very easy for people to figure out im gay