1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Self Esteem Test

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lawrence, Dec 8, 2014.

1. Pie

Pie Guest

47%, I expected something a bit worse... But I'm not very surprised either.

2. Mickz

Your Score is 30 Percent

Indications are you are comfortable enough with who you are to not hold yourself back from having a happy life.

You are certainly aware you are not perfect and you have moments of self-doubt. At times you might even chide yourself, and be overly sensitive to the criticisms of others. However, none of the above makes you distance yourself from others for long, or stop moving toward your goals. While you may not be comfortable in certain social situations, they do not intimidate you to the point of fleeing. Nor are you so riddled with self-doubt that you are rarely able to speak your mind, or defend your position on a particular issue.

Fortunately, like most of us your sense of self-worth does not allow you to make a habit of devaluing yourself unrealistically. You do not forget to pat yourself on the back for a job well done. In relationships you do not habitually play the role of tyrant or lamb. Overall you are well balanced and adjusted.

Pretty accurate

3. florence2000

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
  4. TigerInATophat

Out Status:
    Some people
    Your Score is 82 Percent

Indications are you are very comfortable with who you are. Indeed your self-esteem level is so high you usually exude confidence in yourself. However, there appear to be two types of people who score this high on the self-esteem inventory: those who are truly happy with themselves, and those who cover their shortcomings by refusing to accept their existence.

People who appear to have unlimited confidence are sometimes hiding their frailties and self-doubt behind a wall of arrogance. They are very critical of others and always eager to show everyone just how perfect they are. Indeed, they will go to almost any length to appear perfect, and have no tolerance for appearing as anything less than perfect.

People with genuinely high self-esteem are quite different. They are aware they are not perfect, but feel so good about themselves that they rarely dwell on their frailties. They accept themselves as they are, which makes them feel good about themselves. Just as important, they accept others as they are, which makes those around them feel good about themselves. Those with high self-esteem have the ability to bring out the very best in themselves. Often they give those around them the gift of bringing the very best out in them as well.

5. essie

I scored 20%..

6. Ryu

Ryu

52%... That's concerningly high...
    Just retook it... 36%... More like it... Still to high.

#27 Ryu, Dec 8, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
  7. mangotree

78%

I think this rings true.
    I'd say I would have gotten a much lower score if you asked me a year ago.

8. RedDev84

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    74%

To be fair, I'd say this is fairly accurate. I'd have said I was more 60-65% before taking the test though.

9. sugarcubeigloo

78% I wished they had a "sometimes" option. :lol:

10. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Self-Esteem Inventory
    Your Score is 60 Percent

Indications are you are comfortable enough with who you are to not hold yourself back from having a happy life.

You are certainly aware you are not perfect and you have moments of self-doubt. At times you might even chide yourself, and be overly sensitive to the criticisms of others. However, none of the above makes you distance yourself from others for long, or stop moving toward your goals. While you may not be comfortable in certain social situations, they do not intimidate you to the point of fleeing. Nor are you so riddled with self-doubt that you are rarely able to speak your mind, or defend your position on a particular issue.

Fortunately, like most of us your sense of self-worth does not allow you to make a habit of devaluing yourself unrealistically. You do not forget to pat yourself on the back for a job well done. In relationships you do not habitually play the role of tyrant or lamb. Overall you are well balanced and adjusted.

11. MissBookworm

MissBookworm Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Self-Esteem Inventory
    Your Score is 78 Percent

Indications are you are very comfortable with who you are. Indeed your self-esteem level is so high you usually exude confidence in yourself. However, there appear to be two types of people who score this high on the self-esteem inventory: those who are truly happy with themselves, and those who cover their shortcomings by refusing to accept their existence.

People who appear to have unlimited confidence are sometimes hiding their frailties and self-doubt behind a wall of arrogance. They are very critical of others and always eager to show everyone just how perfect they are. Indeed, they will go to almost any length to appear perfect, and have no tolerance for appearing as anything less than perfect.

People with genuinely high self-esteem are quite different. They are aware they are not perfect, but feel so good about themselves that they rarely dwell on their frailties. They accept themselves as they are, which makes them feel good about themselves. Just as important, they accept others as they are, which makes those around them feel good about themselves. Those with high self-esteem have the ability to bring out the very best in themselves. Often they give those around them the gift of bringing the very best out in them as well.

12. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It looks like some of the responses it gives to various scores are pretty good, but I have real problems with some of the questions and the binary yes/no responses required to them.

There's also no reference point to where the test questions came from, so I wouldn't put a whole lot of weight on the actual validity of the test... it seems more like just sort of a fun thing rather than anything for which I'd be terribly concerned about my score.

IF anyone's interested, there's a really good (and well validated, robust) test on self-compassion, which is actually a better measure of self-worth than self-esteem is, that you can take here. Self esteem can actually be dangerous, because it can breed arrogance and entitlement and still hide deep shame, while self-compassion tends to present a better all-around picture.

Kristin Neff's work on self-compassion is really insightful and powerful. If anyone's really inclined, I recommend her book (self compasson). She also has a TED talk which is interesting, though she's not the most riveting and dynamic of speakers.

13. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

14. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    38% and I agree, "never" and "always" questions usually lead to a false answer, thereby skewing the results.

15. Adarya

40 Percent

16. MCairo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    72%
    Thought I'd score lower than that.

17. Lonely Soul

10%
    ... oh well

18. kingLaser458

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    86. Sounds about right. It's definitely up a little bit though because I just came out and I'm high on personal pride lol

19. Miles16

Miles16 Guest

Fair enough, expected it to be worse