1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would you date Bi and Trans people?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SeaSalt, Sep 2, 2014.

1. Thatoneguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I personally would date either Bi or Trans* people. Hearts not Parts and all that.

But I have experienced Bi-phobia in the past, I've had people tell me directly that they wouldn't date me because I have slept with both men and women. I mean, once someone says that I no longer want to date them because... wow, that's an awful thing to say.

An Ex (who I'm still friends with) told me that she was worried during the relationship that I would not be able to be faithful. I basically explained the difference between sexual orientation and sexual behaviour, but it was kind of annoying that that was something that gave her troubles because she didn't know anything about bisexuality.

2. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I agree with this completely. For some, genitalia is a big part of the beauty in a person that makes them attractive, and for some, genitalia doesn't matter much at all.

I just happen to be one of those people who doesn't care about the genitalia a person might have. It's the personality and outward appearance/behavior that attracts me. When thinking about people I'm attracted to, I group transmen with the men and transwomen with the women since genitalia doesn't make a huge difference to me. I wouldn't date women (including transwomen) who are feminine; femininity in women doesn't attract me. But masculinity in women and men, and femininity in men is attractive to me. So probably not transwomen, unless they knocked my socks off (but definitely transmen like me), or feminine cis women.

As for bis, I would date bisexual men and bisexual masculine women.

3. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Medicine will hopefully make the whole "TRANS VS CIS*" thing moot.
    And yes, I'd date a bisexual person, a transsexual person, or someone who is both.

*CIS = Confederacy of Independent Systems

4. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I admit to having had some existential crises in my time, but in the end I do think I actually exist...pretty sure, anyway. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Regarding the negativity, well I've not encountered it here...even in the 'anonymous' section, when I've asked a similar question (yeah one of those was me), the responses were fine...not all gay folks are against dating us Bi's. But maybe this Forum represents more of the 'nicer' folks in the lgbt community? Maybe it's not truly representative of how many others feel? I'm too new to all this to know for sure.

But then again, how many people interrogate a date about their sexual preference? I mean, if you are just starting to see someone, I don't think they are going to ask, "so, are you just gay, or have you been with women before, as well?"

#104 Damien, Oct 7, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2014