1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would you date Bi and Trans people?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SeaSalt, Sep 2, 2014.

1. MintberryCrunch

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just wanted to say that I agree completely with your view and have the same feelings. Being attracted to men for me also means that the penis is part of the attraction. You can call me "shallow" or whatever, but the physical body is something I am attracted to and the male genitalia is part of it.

2. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^ Well, I will never understand it both because I'm bisexual and because I don't put much value into sex.

But if it is a big part of it for any given person, then it's a valid reason - and unfortunate as it may be transfolk are just out of luck in that case.

Luckily, however, there seem to be plenty people here that don't care at all. :slight_smile:

3. butHitlerisDead

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would definitely date bi people (I'm bi myself), and probably a trans man if he was attractive, but I don't find a lot of trans women attractive and I couldn't imagine myself sleeping with a pre-op trans woman (please don't take that the wrong way--only personal preference). But of course, never say never, I'm open to anything.

4. DangerAlex

I don't feel like your needing your male partner to have make genitals makes you shallow. There's nothing wrong with dating trans individuals, and there's nothing wrong with NOT dating trans individuals. For the most part, we can't help who we're attracted to; barring rudeness and insensitivity, there's no "wrong" answer to this question.

I feel like people are interpreting the preference of not dating trans people as intolerance or discrimination but that's not the case. I don't see it as being any different than a gay male saying he's not attracted to females or older people not being attracted to younger or some not being attracted to overweight individuals. It's just a preference and, for most people, there's nothing personal meant by it.

#64 DangerAlex, Sep 2, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
  5. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I understand where others are coming from, but I don't mind dating trans women, even if they do have a penis. It's just that I'm going to be more picky about what sexual acts we will be doing.

6. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    +1. Very well said.

7. MrK21

+1 Give this man a cookie.

<joke>Would anybody blame me for being embarrassed if a t-girl had a bigger pole then mine</joke>

8. the haunted

I would date a bisexual woman.

I wish I could say that I would be totally cool with dating a transwoman, but I really don't know if I could do it. There are physical qualities of women's bodies that I absolutely love. Their small bodies, soft small hands, natural boobs, vagina. I couldn't date a woman with a penis. I'm just not into it. Perhaps if I was really into a transwoman I could consider giving it a go, but I can't see it ending well. Unfortunately, not everyone is cut out for that kind of relationship.

9. DangerAlex

I'm just drawing on common sense really. Someone had said earlier in response to my posts that "trans people would just be out of luck" in such cases, and I thought... Yeah that's true, but that's such a victimizing statement when aren't we ALL similarly "out of luck" at times? As individuals, there will be times when we are considered someone's "type", and times when we're not. It's not such a tragedy except in cases of unrequited love or attraction, it's just a matter of preferences and nothing really meant by it.

10. Black Raven

Black Raven Guest

As for the first, it's... a rather obvious answer, isn't it?
    As for the latter... I don't see why not.

11. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    There is a huge spectrum of transgender people... its everybodys choice what they do and where they feel comfortable...

After SRS, there are gynaecologists who cannot tell a difference in some mtf people. The SRS is lengthy, though...
    Pre/non SRS, if they are on hrt, the penis might shrink somewhat to what many refer to as a big clitoris. Some of the anti androgens used are also used for chemical castration, by the way. Some people report their orgasms coming closer to female orgasms.
    Some experience that without hrt.

(People interested in the details look them up)

There are a lot of false images around, concerning this subject.
    Maybe people could see them just as individuals with needs and cravings like everyone else.
    I'd say its necessary to communicate ...

#71 jay777, Sep 3, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2014
  12. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'd date both as long as there is chemistry between us, but I prefer transwomen.

13. the haunted

Let me put it this way: If I was completely unable to tell that she once had the body of a man, then sure. If she had all the qualities I described above, alright. However I don't think I am the person to be there through all the transitions. I couldn't offer the right kind of support. I'm not that patient either. Probably makes me sound like a bitch, but I'm being honest here.

14. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Everyone has their own point of view.

ImO the attraction is also dependent on the personality of the transgender person.
    This is a huge spectrum so I think its necessary to communicate.

:slight_smile:

15. the haunted

Oh of course personality plays a role. I thought that was kind of a *duh* lol. I'm not transphobic at all, so I hope it didn't come across like that. I'm actually the person to stand up to the people making fun of transgendered. I just know what I can and cannot handle in a relationship. It would probably stress me out a lot. I would be so afraid of accidentally upsetting or offending my trans* girlfriend in a particular way that I could never understand. That fear alone would make me so terribly anxious. I'd feel like I was constantly walking on eggshells in a way. I know that when I get mad, I can get really mean and don't always think about what comes out of my mouth.

So really, it's me. Not them. Lol. I think that's what a lot of people who cry transphobia (on people who feel the way I feel) forget. They forget that some of us just can't handle it.

#75 the haunted, Sep 3, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2014
  16. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    the haunted, it's fine. You don't have share the exact same opinion as someone else. (*hug*)

17. the haunted

Haha just defending my points before someone tries to whine about being butthurt by my opinion. Either that or tell me why I shouldn't feel the way I do because my opinion is "wrong".

I'm way too used to having an unpopular opinion...

18. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Your opinion is not wrong, it just happens to be less frequent in this topic. :icon_wink Don't worry too much about that.

19. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    As just said, you are entitled to your own point of view.
    This was just to mention that there are a lot of variables going along with it all... and if a really cute person comes along some people have changed their minds :slight_smile: .

20. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

"Out of luck" in the same fashion as a straight girl would be "out of luck" in crushing on a gay guy, or lesbian being "out of luck" in crushing on a straight girl, etc., etc.

It's not a victimizing statement, it just is. If a large part of one's basis for attraction is genitalia, then there's not much a trans individual can do to make up for that.