1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When did you realise you were LGBT

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Nordland, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Since childhood, and during the time and place I grew up, it felt fucking terrifying.
    I often wonder if it's not too late to repair the damage.

2. state-champs

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    10 or 11. Maybe earlier...? I had a "crush" on my best friend named Samantha in 2nd grade. That's when I noticed I started to like girls too.

3. Chief Beifong

Around 10 to 11 years old, there was this one girl who i've known since we were 6. Nothing special really, never had a crush on her or anything, not even now. It kinda just hit me, I saw her on a normal day, and the thought came to me, 'wow, she's beautiful.' And I was shocked at my thought and just left it at that. Then I had my self-revelation at around 12-13 years old, suspecting I was crushing on one of my friend.

4. whynot

whynot Guest

i only actually started questioning my sexuality months ago.. but if i think about it i have always had girl crushes even when i was younger.. but maybe i was still in denial or something..

5. embracingmyself

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I realised when i started getting angry when my dad talked bad about LGBT and we got into an argument and he said "Its not like your gay or anything, why should you care?" After he said that i just shut up.

6. kanra

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I developed a "thing" for my best friend when I was just shy of 13, but I didn't really want to accept it. I think I decided I was bisexual a few months later. Once I found out what pansexuality was, that made a lot more sense to me, because I don't really have a preference, per se. I just kind of like who I like, though most often, it's men. So. 13.

7. larkcarmen

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    11-12. HUUUGE girlcrush.

8. E H Wildflower

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I had a huge crush on one of the girls in my choir when I was 14, and at first, I tried to convince myself that I just was drawn to her endless positivity and wanted to be friends with her, but after several several months, I finally admitted to myself that the feelings I had for her were romantic.

As for my gender, I feel like I should have known just a few months later when I started writing poetry and using the image of a seagull to represent my inner self. Every time I mentioned a seagull I thought "uh... what pronoun should I use?" and although I experimented with several, I usually felt like they/them or ze/hir was the best fit. At the time, though, the only nonbinary identity that I knew a lot about was Genderfluid and I figured I wasn't that because I'm not male in any way, shape, or form, so it took until this summer (I'm 18 now) when I got on the internet and started learning more about nonbinary identities.

9. state-champs

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    When I was younger I always had crushes on boys. But I want to say I began to develop crushes on females when I was 10 or 11. I didn't fully accept that I had developed attractions for the opposite sex until last May...

10. Laura JA

Laura JA Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    I say when I was 3 or 4 years old feeling I was born with the wrong body and felt I was really a girl at heart

11. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
  12. Totoro73

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That's such a hard question to answer. I had strong gay tendencies around 11 but I thought of it as just a phase, and then I fully accepted that it was here to stay at 16.

13. Pacmaneater101

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    When I was 9. I just sort of knew.

14. Ali6132

About a month and a half ago, I had been trying to figure everything out. I saw a definition of gray-romantic, and it all just clicked. The next day, after asking two of my irl ace friends and one of my online ace friends for ace, I realized I was ace.

15. the haunted

I first felt sexual and romantic attraction for girls when I was 15. I've always been a very logical person, so I assumed I was just bi-curious because I knew that girls tend to have those kinds of feelings in high school. So I kept my crush on my best friend and dirty conversations with girls a secret until I was in college. In college I left a guy I dated for 3 years to pursue women. I was out as "bisexual" until I realized that I was only romantically attracted to men, not sexually. I currently identify as queer. My gender is a work in progress.

16. sunshine360

sunshine360 Guest

I noticed at around 7-8 years old. I would have crushes on my female teachers and other girls. Of course i had no concept of sexual orientation back then but i knew something was "off" with me. I kind of thought it would be a phase but obviously it wasn't.

17. PurpleMushroom

Me and my mum where driveing home from shopping, and she said "I wouldnt mind if you came out as lesbian" Or something like that. I hadn't thought about it until then, and suddenly it just hit me that I did like girls :slight_smile:

18. Rowe

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I realized I was asexual when I was 14, and started thinking I was genderfluid today.

19. Well It was probably in 5th grade I had been crushing on girls,then I realized oh I must be gay, then that is when I knew

20. plantlester

I'd say around 13 for sexuality.
    Gender is a whoooole other thing... Still trying to figure that crap out.