1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When did you realise you were LGBT

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Nordland, Feb 1, 2016.

1. MsAnchor

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Way way way too late, but better late than never. I ve always had crushes but it was only during my late twenties i came to terms with it.

2. Spot

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sexuality: Probably around ten or eleven years old (2010 or 2011), came out in September 2015. A long time to keep it a secret!
    Gender: I started questioning in April 2015 when I was fourteen years old, I came out in July
    :slight_smile:

3. QueerChair

Well back in 2014 I realized that I did think/fantasize about girls as well as boys. It's something I had always done, I just never really noticed it till then as it started becoming a more common occurrence. So I consulted my best friend about it, telling her that I thought I was bi. Turns out she was bi too(then coming out as Trans and Pansexual in 2015). Then we kinda just tried to find out our sexuality and stuff from there together, not in a relationship or anything, but as friends. However, I then started to deny my sexuality. It wasn't until early last year that I couldn't hold back those feelings anymore and started getting crushes on girls. Only in early February did I fully consider what my sexuality is xD

As for gender... well I started getting confused about that like a week or two ago. But the more I think about it... the more comfortable I feel thinking of myself as a boy.

4. Loveislife

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Waaay too late! At age 20, it suddenly hit me I liked girls and that turned my world upside down. I came out within a month and I have been a very active member in a LGBT group since then. My whole life and sense of self is basically completely different from what it was 6 months ago. I still haven't fully accepted my sexuality, and I'm not 100% comfortable with it yet, but I'm getting closer and closer to that point and I must say that my decision to immediately immerse myself in the LGBT world has contributed immensely to accepting my sexuality.

5. Denstracer

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    maybe about 11 or 10. didn't go through any denial or self-hate because my family wasn't really all that religious/conservative

6. Chloenatalie

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I thought I was bi at around 12 but at 13 or so I thought to myself "you don't like guys admit it". But looking back I never really found guys very attractive, it was more girls.

7. SewerShower

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    (First post here, exciting!)

I think I figured it out when I was 15, I was extremely physically attracted to my female friend, had been for two years or so but it hadn't clicked that it was more than as a friend.. it was pretty funny because as soon as I realised that might be the case, my mind started pushing more and more towards that idea over the course of a few months. I was really jealous of people who were secure in their sexualities ("how the hell can you ever be sure?") and thought I was bi for quite a while but also didn't know. I remember distinctly remember thinking things along the lines of "but it would be way better to be gay" and didn't know why I would rather identify as lesbian rather than bisexual... I figured out eventually that it was because I didn't want to date men. And thus, a gay was born.

8. Kiran

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't exactly remember but 14/15 for bisexuality and some trans spectrum (?) But I identified as ts only at 34 after years of dodging the topic.

9. animegeek

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have always felt this way for as long as i can remember, but i realised that i was lgbt a couple years ago and i came to terms with my gender identity about a year ago.

10. flyingsublime8

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In a way you could say 4 but it was more gender related I felt like a boy in some way or another (grew more comfortable with being a girl by the time I reached 14) I would always get little girl crushes on my friends but I just thought I admired them. I first analyzed my feelings/ potential feelings for girls and boys when I was 13 but I never used the words gay/ straight. When I turned 14 I thought I was going to finally GET what my friends were talking about with hot guys I crushed on this one boy for about a year and also got a bf the year following (doing alright on this whole I like boys bc I'm a girl bout that I was on) I also fell in love with my heterosexual bestie 3 months into the relationship. That's when I started seriously questioning/ thinking I was incredibly gay but by the time I was 19 I figured guys are hot too and now I'm here.

11. PAKmanIA

PAKmanIA Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Started EXPERIMENTING [7] By the time I was 12 bed buddy first showed me how to M..TU.BATE!
    LOVED IT!!

12. davidfreckelton

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    12-13 I found Justin Hartley very attractive

13. mpm500

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Always had crushes on guys since I was like 8 years old, but always tried to ignore it. I finally accepted I was gay when I was 15.

14. Nordland

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've always had guy crushes but I never realised what they were until last year.

15. R M

R M

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I think I've always known. I just didn't know what I was. If that makes sense. lol

16. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've known for a while that I was attracted to both guys and girls to some extent, since I was about 12 maybe, but my sexuality has never been a bit thing for me because I never usually get actual crushes on people, I just find them physically appealing but wouldn't actually do anything with them.

My trans identity started becoming apparent only a couple of years ago, though, before that I just considered myself a tomboy.

#96 Aberrance, Feb 27, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2016
  17. Sean12

I started getting suspicious last summer. It wasn't until around a month or two ago that I accepted that I was gay, not bi. The funny thing is I was completely unaware until last summer even though looking back there were lots of signs. :lol:. I am so happy now that I have accepted it.

18. Pumpion

It was a few years ago, when I was 13, when I first thought maybe I wasn't straight, I had developed a crush on one of my best friends at the time (I still think she's absolutely gorgeous and beautiful, but I don't really have feelings per-say for her), and I came out for the very first time when I was about 15.
    I started questioning my gender identity around the same time, however I thought that the term 'non-binary' described how I identified around the middle of last year. I started using they/them pronouns a few months before I started identifying as non-binary.

19. I'mStillStanding

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've known for a long time I was attracted to guys, but never really allowed myself to accept it. Tried to make reasons unrelated to sexual attraction. But I'm 27, about to be 28, and just coming to terms. Not out yet, and still married to my wife. I think hurting her is going to be the only down side to not admitting this sooner. I'm good with being a late bloomer! Looking forward to what happens next.

20. KarenLyn

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Probably around when I was 16 or so when I couldn't keep my eyes off of some of the girls in school.

Attached Files: