1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What racial preference do you prefer?And is it wrong to prefere a race?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BillCozby, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Krilky

Krilky Guest

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    ITT: people invoking the constitution in a pointless online debate.

Love ya EC

2. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't really have a preference, since the qualities I find physically attractive in a person can be found in many ethnic or racial groups, plus I think it's silly to "prefer" someone of a certain background for that reason alone. For a long time, the only group I had contact with was Mexican-American, so that was the ideal, but after attending university and traveling around a bit, that changed, and my horizons have opened up a bit.

I've already gotten into several heated debates on the semantics of preference, prejudice, and generalizations on EC, and have found that most people who are stuck with their biases can't be forced to change. At the end of the day, there will be those who want nothing to do with me due to the fact that I'm not wholly European in ancestry, while a lot more either won't care, or are willing to step outside their comfort zone and give it a shot.

Personally, the ones who will tell you straight up "NO" always seemed like the lesser of the two evils, at least compared to displays of faux acceptance, where someone will list a half dozen stereotypes of a specific ethnic group, and using those as the reason(s) they would date someone from another race. I'd rather someone be into me for me, and not because of some imaginary caricature they associate me with, or what they think I should be.

As much as we might disagree with some people's perceptions or practices, that's their right, and there's nothing we can do to change that, especially if they don't want to. I feel the same way regarding discrimination against multisexuals from monosexuals, femmephobia in the gay male community, and the constant obsession with youth, all equally as infuriating, considering I fall into several of these categories and feel cynical at times.

Off topic: for some reason, I thought you were East Asian (Chinese) this entire time. :lol:

3. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    They're all good.

4. Mysz

No preference. My first girl crush was African American, but I don't set standards based off of any firsts.

5. Harve

??? Scottish accents are British accents, unless by 'British' you simply mean south-east English accents.

I'm pretty sure people get more attractive the more mixed their ethnicity is.

And Scandinavians.

6. Some Dude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have no preference, if I am attracted to someone, then I am attracted to them regardless of race, ethnicity etc

7. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't really have a preference :slight_smile:

8. JackAttack

JackAttack Guest

No preference at all.

9. emkorora

emkorora Guest

I have no preference, non-Caucasian ancestries have a very exotic appearance and beauty. :slight_smile:

"Love is blind." Or at least, it should be.

10. AwkwardTalker

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I would say I'm drawn to Asians. Not attracted. Just feel drawn. Same with men with long hair. I love long hair.

11. robotman

I don't think I have a personal type. I really do find people from all races attractive.

12. C P

C P

Which is why I said some can change and that there will be those who will find someone unattractive regardless of how much they try to be open. Can being the keyword; I wasn't implying that everyone should be forced to...just something to give thought to maybe. I can bet a lot of said guys are just too stuck in their ways to step out of their zone at least once.

Like you, I was pretty limited in what I liked when I first started noticing my sexuality, but due to all the bs I've been through and me being someone who will talk to just about anyone, it's really opened me up to many things. I know we aren't the only ones.

Stuff like this just boils my blood/makes me feel completely worthless sometimes. It's pretty ironic that I would consider myself among the most open of guys I've spoken to and yet I can hit it off with a guy, have a lot in common, etc. and pretty much am told that I am not worth the time of day just because of my skin color.

This is not something you are born with, to my knowledge at least, it's learned cultural bias.

By the way, what made you think I was East Asian? Haha... XD

13. setnyx

i'm attracted to hispanic women looks and culture. i myself am caucasian.

14. Andstillimhere7

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm latino, but prefer white guys