1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What racial preference do you prefer?And is it wrong to prefere a race?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BillCozby, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Nonsense. By that logic, a gay man is a misogynist bigot who is discriminating against women by only being attracted to men.

People cannot choose whom they are attracted to. Forcing someone to be with someone whom they are not attracted to is idiotic and defeats the whole point of being liberated as LGBTQ people.

Anyway, to answer the question, I have been attracted to individuals of pretty much every race, though I'd be lying if I didn't say that the usual type I am attracted to is fellow White Caucasians. I especially like guys who are of British or Irish background, and also in general Northern Europeans, especially from Nordic countries (blonde is beautiful!).

[Actually tbh I've found that Europeans in general are more attractive to me than Americans...]

I also have a thing for Latino guys: Latin American, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese; the tall short, dark, and handsome look can be really hot.

That doesn't mean I go out of my way to exclude other races, it's just observations on my own subconscious feelings of attraction. And there are plenty of exceptions. Not too long ago on this dating site I belong to I had a chat with a dark-skinned exchange student who happened to be of South Asian origin who was absolutely beautiful, though unfortunately it didn't come to anything. Just judge people as individuals, not as races.

(Of course I've mostly been surrounded by white people my whole life, so that could be a factor into why I've mostly been attracted to white people)

2. Minx

Not mocking, was just responding to your "lol" :slight_smile:

3. needshelp

i'm black and i don't have a preference. i just let myself roam because i don't know who is outthere. just thinking back at the guys that i've ran into that i've had crushes on that i never knew existed if i hadn't ran into them so i can't say that i have a preference where i look for specific type of guy that looks a certain way or is of a certain background.

#103 needshelp, Feb 1, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
  4. Yogabear

Yogabear Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey, you are not the only person being mocked on here! I don't care race is made-up just a skin color that is it nothing more or less. Sad to see in the 21st century that people care about that. Personally diversity is better than stagnation or status quo homogeneous group of people who will never learn from one another. All throughout history lessons are shown of groups that without diversity that they hurt more than help with depictions of others japanese vs chinese, white americans vs my native ancestors (ttrail of tears) or blacks (slaves) or etc. Sad just sad to see that this occurs.

5. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people
    l don't think you're ''wrong'' because you aren't and there's no right answer here.

But even as people who prefer one sex, we aren't necessarily being open minded. Even though we can't help it. We aren't being intentionally narrow minded, but personally since we have to have the limitation in that one area l make a concentrated effort to have a more inclusive preference otherwise.

Which sounds like White guilt and easily could be, on top of "homosexual guilt". But, l am genuinely attracted to at least some people within any race so l feel fine not having a preference.

Just a comment. What you're saying is similar enough to what l think. This is just one area l get touchy about and wish l could change, but l don't see people here saying they explicitly would not date any one race ( l just hope they're not secretly thinking it ).

#105 OMGWTFBBQ, Feb 1, 2013
  6. DeanIsHome

What are you mixed with? i'm mixed too both my parents are half Dutch, mom's Filipino Dad's Malay.
    Oh and i prefer Hispanic and more Mediterranean men especially like Greek guys their HOT.

7. Theagonist

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I prefer white people, and Arabs - though they're just an ethnicity and are actaully caucasian

8. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

And this thread is celebrating diversity. Human beings are diverse, and so are our attraction patterns. Some people are attracted to short curly-red-haired white girls, other people are attracted to tall black men with 'fros; sexual orientation and preference is another thing that makes us all unique individuals.

---------- Post added 1st Feb 2013 at 11:32 PM ----------

If someone is attracted to someone but refuses to date them because of their race, then that's a problem. If someone just doesn't happen to be attracted to people of a particular race, then that's just nature.

Would you date someone of another race whom you felt zero attraction toward, just to prove that you're not a racist or something? That seems like kind of a lowlife thing to do to be honest, it's not fair to the person you're dating. At that point you might as well force yourself to date the opposite sex, since you're suppressing your own natural feelings of attraction anyway.

9. needshelp

you know, in a world where white supremacy is beat into people's heads from birth where eurocentric features are considered to be the cream of the crop and everything else that ain't that is pushed last, don't expect it. sad but true. hell, you even have black people that look down on black features such as having nappy hair or being black where they have to mention that they have 3% of native american in them or that their great great grandpappy is white so they'll proudly call themselves mixed or say they're black mixed with cherokee or whatever as if it really matters. they seem to be proud to acknowledge that 3% of themselves more than the 97%. it's sad.

but me personally i think that what you're attracted to is who you are as well as your environment, societial influences, how you were raised, and etc.

#109 needshelp, Feb 1, 2013
  10. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people
    no, l wouldn't do that but when you're gay you at least have a valid reason to say you aren't attracted to any member of the opposite sex. Because they're all men and that's what they have in common.

With race, l can't really see that l have a valid reason to say that.

l may or not be attracted to some, within any race. But there's no valid reason other than specifically not being attracted to the entire race to have a true preference in my mind.

The only thing members of a race have in common is that they are all black, hispanic, whatever and they usually don't look similar enough for me to rule all of them out based on "a look''.

Because how you can you know which members of any race you would be attracted to until you were put in a situation to figure it out, and if you don't know, why even make a decision about it?

That's all. l wouldn't date an actual human being out of guilt and l wouldn't need to since l can't think of a race or ethnicity that l'm sure l couldn't find a person l find attractive within. And it's one area l'm just inclined to be less logical and decisive in for various reasons.

But that's me, people have their own reasoning behind their preferences.

11. Minx

Well, since this thread is going in more of a discussion zone, I'll go a little bit in depth on my own personal preferences.

I have black hair, dark brown eyes, light colored skin. Just like everyone in my family.

I think myself rather plain looking, so contrasting eyes and brighter hair catch my attention. (Plus, dating someone with the same features as me, makes me feel like I'm dating a relative.)

So, I've developed a preference. That's not saying I'll dismiss anyone who doesn't fit that preference.

As I said, if the personality is right. Preference, Body, Financial security - won't mean a damn thing when I like someone for themselves. :grin:

12. Yogabear

Yogabear Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Allow me to translate for minorities for what this thread actuallly means not what they say it means. Preference = prejudism = self-justification to be bigotted. This line of thought of prejudging others on skin color is ridiculous cause colors themselves are not real. If you know that from psychology that the rod and cones of our eyes make this into our mind then you realize that race isn't real (refer to sociology) for further expansion.

I completely don't understand this is a problem in Brazil to the U.S and Europe and all over the place. Why does race matter to love? I've dated asians, african americans, hispanic and caucasian people. Fact is that if you saw an alien that you would discount them cause yo didn't know aliens right? Seems like it would be a waste of mind to assume that you wouldn't date persons like me then cause you never met a blind person then? Honestly this dated idealogy is reverse in the way we should think.

13. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Oh give it a rest with these silly charges. Not one person in this thread has said that they prejudge people based on skin color. Speak for yourself, as you don't speak for anyone else here as to what this thread 'means'. Nobody here has expressed bigotry or in any way tried to justify it.

14. artsyfartsy

I'm Asian, and I have a preference for white males. I still think Asians are hot as well as hispanics and many other races, I just find myself attracted to white guys.!

15. curlycats

all of the history that you referenced involved one group of people considering another group of people inferior to themselves.

to me, that seems to suggest that you think a preference for X group of people = Y group of people are in some way inferior.... am i correct?

so to you, if someone prefers a person with freckles, that same person feels that people without freckles are inferior....?

i must say that if that is how you feel, that seems like a huge leap of logic to me.

on the other hand, i do feel that racial preference is founded in stereotypes, which annoys me. not enough to flat out insult people as you have, though.

edit: hmmm... seems i was right.

16. Minx

Who is they? lol, the secret Prejudice-Regime. Here to spread their subtle propaganda? :rolle:

17. redstormrising

I'm a minority and you do not speak for me. This thread is about preference; no one has said they conclusively would not date someone simply because they fall outside their expressed preference group. If you're attracted to people who look a certain way, you're attracted to people who look a certain way. It doesn't matter whether you describe that as race or individually catalogue those features in a list. You don't have a "right" to have every person on earth find you attractive.

18. Yogabear

Yogabear Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't think you have the right to judge people or persons because of subjective/perseptions of ignorant opinions either. I really do think ignorance is one of the biggest enemies of mankind and this thread spreads this notion of ignorance to another extreme. Wait, let me get this right that Racial Profiling is just then? Moreover, do you think Hate Crimes should happen then? This afterall is tthe ability of the majority over the minority right?

19. J T

J T

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I like native american men but Im 15 and I dont like that I do have a racial brefrence but I think that everyone does

20. redstormrising

racial profiling (in the police context) can violate your constitutional rights. hate crimes are, first and foremost, crimes; they would be criminal even without the hate component. that someone does not wish to date you because they don't find you attractive does not belong in this category. it neither violates your rights nor breaks any laws for someone to simply not be attracted to you, regardless of the reason.