1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What racial preference do you prefer?And is it wrong to prefere a race?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BillCozby, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Yogabear

Yogabear Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    No, racial profiling is not unconstitutional because of judicial activism or review that this definition has changed. Refer to the original Constitution of the "Three-Fifth Clause" of the U.S Constitution that was thecompromise of the southern states and others to join the original union. As far as the hate crimes being crimes that isn't even true either. For the longest time the southern states with penny rollers had subjected minorities to all kinds of idignities. The special classifications of race, ethnic or racial or whatever are to make stiffer penalties e.g. prison time to deter this from occuring to these specially classified people. Do you really know anything about criminal law or are you in the dream world?

No not everybody has a racial bent to who they partner up with either. Actually the statistics are in the opposite tragectery in the U.S with historic relationships with biracial tendencies (refer o the 2010 census results). A recentt survey of lgbtq couples shows that our group has more biracial couples than thenormal hetrosexual society as a whole. However, I think this too will increase even with the old ways or ignorant ways still evident on this thread. I'm sure ifyou had a poll on racial facts that the people ignorant or block those people in attraction don't know nearly enough to give that judge call. For example, th media display african americans as criminals or on welfare or arab americans as terrorists or muslim extremist which are neither exactlyf true or warranted.

2. redstormrising

Generally when people refer to things as unconstitutional or illegal, they mean according to the current state of the law. By your definition, it is unconstitutional for women to vote because that was the state of affairs when the constitution was written. Clearly, that is not the case. And yes, hate crime statues provide for stiffer penalties when the victim is of a particular group - key word being "stiffer," as in, there is already a penalty for that particular conduct when done to ANY person. Hate crime statutes do not make otherwise lawful conduct a crime simply because a minority is involved.

To answer your question, I worked as a probation officer in the criminal division of the state trial courts for 8 years, and have been a lawyer for the past 2 years. When did you get your law degree?

Finally, you seem to equate preference in dating as rooted in prejudice, which is not necessarily the case. That one tends to be sexually attracted more often to a particular group does not mean he or she thinks other groups are inferior; he or she is simply not sexually attracted to other groups as often. That doesn't mean he or she would NEVER date someone in the non-preferred group, nor does it mean he or she not welcome a person of the non-preferred group into their lives as a friend, mentor, coworker, supervisor, in-law, or in any other capacity. Sexual attraction is not an equal-opportunity endeavor for most people.

#122 redstormrising, Feb 2, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2013
  3. Thunor93

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Ive noticed im mostly attracted to Caucasoid males, both Nordish types and Mediterrenean types. My preferred type i guess would be a sub-racial type called Trönder, which is a sub race that is found in areas of Northern Europe like Scandinavia(pretty common in Iceland) and some parts of Britain. It is basically a mixture of the classic Nordid long faced type with more rugged broad faced "Cromagnons" or "Upper-Paleolithic survivors" as the anthropologist Carleton Coon called them. I'm an old physical anthropology geek by the way lol. Here is more information on the Trönder type Society for Nordish Physical Anthropology

4. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  5. Abbra

I guess white would be the most common that I'm attracted to. Though I do have soft spot for the others. I especially find it sexy when a girl is of a nondescript race. I've liked girls of pretty much all backgrounds.

6. Zam

Zam

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    All exept blacks,
    Sorry,it must be in my brain,I only ever found one black actor really atractive

Nothing I can do about it.

It's Marlon Wayans,I do not know why,but I really like him :icon_bigg

7. tscott

White or Asian/Eurasian...I always figured I'd look an uncooked chicken breast next all that chocolate.

8. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Someone who equally enjoys watching sports and watching a good fantasy/sci-fi movie.

Do let me know when only one race can fall in that category.

9. Flutters1980

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm black (creole) and I prefer white women. I don't think people can help their preferences.

10. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    + 1 / +1

And they're aint nothin' I can do about it.

Nope. Not wrong. It's just who I rubberneck for.

11. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    My preference Asian and white . I don't think it's wrong
    I'll date anyone of any race but those are the two I like the most .

12. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Generally white, especially people with fair skin and light eyes.

13. Alyss

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    My preference white and black mostly, occasionally asian. Male nad female.

I think race preference is normal and OK. You do not have to find attractive every race and genre, just give respect to people.

14. Julieno

Having preferences is not a bad thing just that, preferences (Unless those preferences are based on some kind of superiority complex)

In my case I tend to like white guys though, I always find exceptions!. For some reason I really like British guys (And Northern birtish accent!). So I guess I moved to the right place :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. I have also met some really handsome (in my opinion, at least) half-asian guys.

15. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    East Asian.
    Most other things aren't too relevant.
    And if nobody had preferences, life would be boring.

16. C P

C P

All this preference talk really irks me to no end, generally speaking. Yes, people have preferences but it's those who throw away a whole race and such that really makes me call bullshit.

This is not simply a race card but, as a black guy, I've been exposed to enough of it personally. I guess, in a way, I'm thankful in the sense that it has allowed me to be a lot more open myself. I have no real preference when it comes to race, it all usually comes down to setting to cast the illusion of there being one. What I mean is that if I'm in an area with more blacks, I'll naturally be attracted to more black guys, if I'm in an area with more whites, I'll lean towards them, etc.

What a lot of people don't realize is that, as far as physical appearance goes, your perspective of someone's CAN change, should you actually try to push yourself out of your comfort bubble for once. Sure there are going to be individuals you will forever see as unattractive, but why not at least give someone a chance if you connect otherwise?

I speak from personal experience as well. I have come across guys who I did not find physically attractive (at all) but I didn't just write them off on physical appearance alone. ...and you know what? Some of them, as I got to know them and connected better, started to look a good deal more appealing(some of who I'd consider pretty cute), despite looking exactly like they did before.

I'm glad this has allowed me to be more open because it really started to make me feel worthless for a while. If i had a picture of all of the guys I've talked with who tossed me aside on race/physical appearance, I'd have enough to make a yearbook or two.

17. thekillingmoon

I don't have a preference. Where I live most of the population is white, so I never had to think about it. Still I believe there are attractive people in any race. And I think hispanic latino women are hot. :wink:

18. The_Poets

US/ Hogwarts/ vacations spent in the tardis
    I prefer white people or sometimes mexican, its not really because of their skin color it's more personality wise and the white people i've met tend to be more shy. I could never handle someone too extraverted. Also all the asians I know (including some of my best friends) get offended wayyyyyyyyyyyy too often, and then go on to make fun of me because i'm white therefore I will never be as smart as them. Honestly if I found someone of any race that fit my personality I would be happy. Oh and I have this thing about grammar (no matter what the race)... Oh plus I hate accents (sorry but I do) it goes along with the grammar thing. I cannot stand german accents. British, scottish, some southern, australian, finnish, and swedish are fine.

#138 The_Poets, Jan 25, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2014
  19. AngerAndAgony

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a tendency to lean toward white people and hispanic people. I don't know why, I just find them more attractive.

20. Mixed girls make me melt. I'm half white, half Latina. I think in order for me, it goes;

Mixed
    White
    Asian
    Hispanic
    Black

Race isn't a big thing with me, personality is. I fall for whoever I fall for.