1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Are You Thinking?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Martin, Apr 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Of Mice and Men

Saxophone is sent in for repairs and all of the loaner ones my school has are even more broken than the original. And I have a concert in three days. FML

2. julia

Wow, I am really freaking bored.

3. mattypants

This^

4. duriru

Five more days till my life returns to normal :grin:

5. Kidd

Kidd Guest

I turn 21 on next Monday (On May 21st! Ironic!) and I got my new license today, and my new license picture is amazing. My hair looks perfect in it. I'm glad it looks good too, because I'm going to have to show it every single time I want to buy alcohol, because no one will ever believe that I'm over 21 on face value. I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that I'll be carded for the rest of my life. There are worse fates.

6. Eric

I've made a huuuge mistake. >_<

7. Alex94

Alex94 Guest

Blood drive is Monday, I want to donate but I am worried it may hurt to much, I may pass out, or I will freak out at the sight of the needle...I already have an appointment..I hope I don't back out.

8. Bolin

It hurts to actually sit down. It has hurt all day. All day. Not very happy at the moment. How in the hell do you even get a pimple on the back of your thigh anyway?

9. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do it! Donating blood is easy peasy! In my experience it doesn't hurt at all. The people help you every step of the way, and they answer any silly questions you have about the whole thing. When I go to donate I always find it super relaxing. It really is the easiest thing you can do to save lives.

Plus you get cookies when you're done! :grin:

10. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You are describing my first (and only successful) time donating. My blood clots good, so after that time, I'm only able to give about half a pint before their needle clogs up.

11. super confused

Right now, I'm thinking that even though I don't know anyone's real name or anyone's real face, I am so grateful for my anonymous friends here on EC. I honestly don't know what I'd do or where I'd be right now without you.

Sorry for getting sappy, but a few of you just made me so relieved that I could cry from the intensity of that relief. The burden you lifted off of me was so immense... I've been torturing myself about it for days...weeks, really.

So, know that you are all truly cherished by me.

12. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I had a job interview today and right after I got done I got in a car accident. Thankfully no one got hurt, and amazingly my truck didn't have a scratch because I got hit in the bumper. The two mini vans involved were totaled, but all three of us were okay and that is the important part, so as far as car wrecks go this one was okay.

13. breakingboxes

Getting a (used) Mercedes-Benz!!!!!!(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)

14. Vesper

Ugh, my neck's so sore that I can barely tilt my head in any direction except forward.
    In my own experience, giving blood was totally not as terrifying an experience as I had feared. Oddly enough (and many people have shared the same experience), the needle prick for the iron deficiency test prior to the actual blood donation hurt more than the insertion of the giant needle into the vein.

If you're scared at the sight of the needle, close your eyes or avert them. Make small talk with the nurse/technician to take your mind away from the fear; as with getting the flu vaccine, the nurse/technician will chat with you the whole time, and it's likely that the needle will be in before you even know it. It's best to try not to tense up before insertion, or the insertion may hurt more.

All this talk about blood donation reminds me that I was told last year that I won't be allowed to donate again for a couple of years because I was in China for two months in 2010. Better safe than sorry...

#994 Vesper, May 16, 2012
    Last edited: May 16, 2012
  15. solarcat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I tried to donate blood once, but I couldn't find the damn bloodmobile (it was parked on the school's campus, but where?) But maybe my fear of needles kept me from searching too hard.
    ---
    And now... I'm thinking I really might be a girl... broggle...

16. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

My grandparents are getting here tomorrow for my sis graduation. I'm not "allowed" to come out to them after her grad party which is on the 25th. Until then, its me being back in the closet. I fucking hate it. Yes, its only a couple of days, but tomorrow starts the de-gaying of my room and I hate it. I have to take things down from my walls, change some desktop backgrounds, hide certain books from sight and watch that I don't let anything slip. On top of that, my boyfriend can't come over until the 25th and I have to make sure that I go out of the house before I can talk to him on the phone. Agh, I came out in order to stop playing this little game. Not to mention the never-ending questions about my "girlfriend", who I like and the constant "do you think she is hot" questions from my grandpa. Yes, if it wasn't already obvious, I hate the closet. I hate lying and I hate having to pretend -_-

8 more days though!!! 8 freaking more days and I will be officially out to everyone who I care about. No more lying, no more secrets and no more going back in to the closet when they come and visit. As nervous as I am, I am also sooooo freaking excited. I can't wait until I don't have to worry about coming out ever again.

I'm nervous for my mom, though. I'm not sure how my grandparents will reach and if they react badly then my mom is going to be sooo hurt. Agh, let everything go well xDD

Phew, needed to get that out!! Now game face on and lets get this done. Worse things have happen :slight_smile:

17. mattypants

why cant we fix the sun? its too hot already x-x

And what's the difference between obsession and desire?

18. Mad Man L

Today wasn't a good day, and I have a bad feeling that something is going to go very wrong tomorrow.

19. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh my god. I had a really, really amazing dream last night.

20. Calico

I have nothing to read :bang:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.