1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To you, what was the most tragic celebrity death?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by GingerGuy, Aug 2, 2013.

1. Mzansi

When Brenda Fassie and Miriam Makeba passed,
    Now that was an end to an era.

2. Absol

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    If you're not a Nascar fan, you probably don't know him, but I was pretty shocked when I found out that Jason Leffler died this year. Celeb deaths don't really affect me, but this one just blindsided me.

3. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For me it would be Whitney Houston and Paul Walker.

4. ba92

Out Status:
    A few people
    Bernie Mac. still miss the guy, really.

5. Sully

I don't really feel the whole celebrity obsession but one death I find particularly tragic was that of Amy Winehouse. Her addictions were so destructive and it seems that so little could be done to help her. The videos of her being completely unable to perform because she's off her face are really awful.

Bizarre? Really? If you startle an animal that effectively carries around a poison coated 6" steak knife, something can potentially go wrong. I've swum with massive stingrays plenty of times and the only way that could've happen is if he was doing the wrong thing. Tragic, but predictable IMO.

#105 Sully, Dec 4, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
  6. Data

Data Guest

Billy Mays made me really sad.

I feel REALLY shitty just now. I couldn't remember the guy who I wanted to put next here under Billy Mays. I tried to remember the movies he was in but couldn't. I remember Craig Ferguson liked him and did a special show when he died. I just put in Google "big black guy that died" and it suggested Michael Duncan. I burst out laughing because that is EXACTLY who I was thinking of. I was really sad when he died. He was just one of those massive guys who had a nice laugh and was really a gentle giant.

7. tex st

tex st Guest

aaliyah and paul walker

8. Richie.

Heath ledger for me too.

Amy wine house too

---------- Post added 4th Dec 2013 at 06:05 AM ----------

Chris Benoit, was shocking too, but more because of what he did to his family too.

9. Steam Mecha

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Ronnie James Dio, His music was amazing.

10. Mrtambourineman

Linda Smith. Obscure British comedienne. She died of cancer but she was the wittiest comedienne ever. Despite the fact she brought it upon herself, I also found Whitney Houston's death tragic. I know, I know but come on. I felt sorry for her. In fact, throw in Kirsty Macolls death too. She was a great songwriter and died too young. Ditto for Laura Nyro who was so talented and such a great gal but died before 50. Roy Orbidon was before my time. I've recently fallin in love with his gentle 50s and 60s style and clever lyrics. Had he not had a renaissance in the 90's, his death would have been a footnote at the bottom of page 30 of newspaper. As it was, there was a national mourning for him which was as it should have been. Many many more of course...

11. Siarad

I'm not sure about tragic, as maybe that suggests some injustice, but I felt very sad at Pete Postlethwaite's death - he was a stunning actor and gave every impression of being a thoroughly nice chap in real life. I saw him in the first tour of Saramouche Jones, it was the first standing ovation I saw and I remember being deeply moved by the fact that he had been this utterly convincing character all the way through and I'd been entranced, then he came back on stage for the bow and I suddenly realised that he was dripping with sweat.

12. AAASAS

Eyedea from Eyedea & Abilities; not really a celebrity.

Was pretty floored when Nujabes front man; forget his name, died, because I just started listening to his music and it sucks that I couldn't hear more.

Same goes for J Dilla.

The most tragic that happened before any of our times is Otis Reddington's death. He wrote Dock of the Bay and didn't finish the song; which is why he whistled at the end, he meant to write another verse. He died in a plane crash before he could do this, and that song became a huge hit, and it's creepy to know he didn't want that whistle at the end.

13. DMark69

Many of you have listed people who died young, and that is tragic of course. I am however going to go with Gilda Radner as well since she died of the same kind of cancer that took my mother.
    Cancer is an awful disease that I wouldn't wish upon Fred Phelps.

14. double a

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have two
    1.Cory Monteith. he was my favorite actor and was funny

2. (it hasnt happened yet but when it does ALL will cry) Betty White

15. musikk021

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't follow celebrities and celebrity news much, but the few that happened this year were all pretty tragic: Cory Monteith, Lee Thompson Young, and Paul Walker most recently.

It was also sad when John Ritter died, since I am a huge fan of Three's Company.

16. person57

Like a lot of other people here, I thought that Amy Winehouse's death was very tragic.

If Adele died, I would cry myself out :'(

17. Envira

Mitch Lucker.

He was really respected in the metal/rock music community.

18. GingerGuy

Let's revive the thread, shall we?

Deborah Kerr, an actress from the 40's and 50's. She was really talented and died in her old age, 86. However, Im putting her here because she was taken away by the same disease who ravaged my great grandmother, who I never got to meet, but could have if it wasn't for Parkinson. She slowly lost her movements, broke her legs, and eventually got confined to her bed, waiting to die. It was in the 80's, só there was little treatment for it. I believe Deborah suffered less than she did because of the advances in medicine, but it doesn't change the fact that she was cruelly taken away. RIP.

19. Rainbowlight

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    The most tragic one for me happened a few days ago. He was Justin Carmical aka Jew Wario. He made video about import games and a few other things. He may have not famous in the normal sense but he is big on the internet. I'm going miss him dearly. This is the last thing he did. He's the one in the yellow hat:

Two Jews Who Love Mario (Song A Day #1849) - YouTube

20. AngerAndAgony

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ned Vizzini, my favorite author. Considering his book prevented my suicide, to hear that he had finally succeeded in killing himself made me cry for days. That was the worst. Ones that also made me cry a ton:

Davy Jones
    Cory Monteith
    Ray Manzarek
    Barbara Park

#120 AngerAndAgony, Jan 29, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2014