1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To you, what was the most tragic celebrity death?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by GingerGuy, Aug 2, 2013.

1. GingerGuy

There's one I forgot to talk about: Ella Fitzgerald. It's true that she died due to old age (79), but because I love her voice and personality, I genuinely wish she had died in peace. Instead, her final years were marred by suffering. She suffered from diabetes which ruined her eyesight, gave her heart disease, and got both of her legs amputated. She died peacefully in her home, after being wheeled to the garden to hear the world around her, and then coming back in.

You know what she said then? "I'm ready to go now"

When I read this on Wikipedia, I thought about how old age is cruel, and how much I don't want my own grandmother, who's also 79 and diabetic, to suffer the same fate. Her voice so beautiful that it will remain forever. But sadly, her body didn't

2. Lucky Oshawott

Well, I reached tears when everyone was saying that Aretha Franklin died recently. I was extremely relieved and angry when I discovered that it was an internet hoax created by some lowlife.

3. GingerGuy

Haha I actually believed in it when I read the first sentence, and my heart skipped a beat! xD Although I dont think Aretha will live much longer (obesity), these hoaxes are all very silly. There was one about Susan Boyle too, which was grotesquely insulting to her.

4. RoguesWolfe

Was anyone else a Steve Irwin fan? Seriously made me cry, I loved him! The other day while going through our shed I found a poster of him..of course it's on my wall now XD.

5. Foxface

Sam Kinison and Mitch Hedburg

I could listen to Kinison on the Howard Stern show for hours

Foxface

6. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    He was funny in that he had a goofy way about him when he dealt with close calls. He lived on the edge. That's how he made himself into who he was. I would choose poverty over that job. I was hoping he'd get through a normal career span. Even if he had, he was probably the type to keep pushing his luck and make cameo appearances. The manner in which he died was really bizarre. Yes, I feel bad for what happened and for the family he left behind.

7. Californiacoast

I haven't seen any sports hero's on here, but I felt a profound loss when the Kansas City Chiefs Linebacker Derrick Thomas was killed on icy roads going home to see family. Derrick and I played college ball at the University of Alabama, and although I didnt know him well, he was always friendly and down to earth. He was recognized as one of the best linebackers in the NFL. I put a luminary on his Alabama Team Captain memorial one homecoming and shed some tears.

8. LinkLarkin

I was quite sad when Clive Dunn died as well but it wasn't really tragic. He'd lived a good life.

9. chatar

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Whitney Houston's death. Because I'm a singer too and she was one of my greatest inspirations, it was so heart-breaking for me to deal with. In addition, Cory Monteith's death was also pretty awful to me because I really enjoyed Glee and grew attached to the characters and actors in the show. :c

10. GingerGuy

I just found out about the death, in 2007, of a japonese singer named Izumi Sakai. She was a beautiful woman with a beautiful voice, and lived a healthy life. Sadly, her life was also short. She battled cervical cancer at the age of 40, and it spread to her lungs. She still remained smiling and active in the music world, always searching treatment. When she was almost going back to touring, she slipped and fell while leaving the hospital and shattered her school. She went into a coma and died just a few days later. Her funeral was simply huge, and the entire country of Japan moruned her death. And after listening to some of her music, I can see why.

Zard - Dan Dan Kokoro Hikareteku (Subtitulado espaƱol) - YouTube

She sung the original japanese version of the Dragon Ball GT theme!! This song IS my childhood! Tears fell when I heard it again, being sung by her!

So RIP Izumi Sakai. You were an amazing person and a great musician. The world became a worse place the moment you left it. May you sing now, wherever you are.

11. Saint Otaku

Mr. Rogers D':

12. TheDude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Brittany Murphy. I loved her ever since I saw her on Clueless. It was heartbreaking hearing about her death.

13. biggayguy

It's very ironic to watch video of him dealing with all manner of highly venomous creatures and realize that he died from a stingray. It also so sad to watch Steve and his wife doing what they loved doing. I'm sure she misses him every day.:tears:

14. justjade

Gene Roddenberry's dead?!?! :jawdrop:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

15. Foxface

I completely forgot...Lisa "Left Eye" Lopez from TLC

I was straight up in love with her

Foxface

16. AmityRanch

Steve Irwin.

17. twink182

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    River Phoenix (almost forced me out of denial!)
    John Belushi

18. lukeluvznicki13

Recently I feel that Cory Monteith's death was very tragic. He was so young and drugs overtook his life :/

19. hewkie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    maybe river phoenix or jonathan brandis. both TOO young

20. Cool Bananas

Brisbane, but I seem to fly as much as superman
    Steve Irwin, and Princess Diana,