1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Things Non-LGBT People Say...

Discussion in 'Fun and Games' started by Gen, Sep 9, 2012.

1. th3wallflow3r

"you're bi? does that mean you've been with a Guy and a girl at the same time?'

"asexual? so you're like a plant or something?"

2. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    "You can just retreat into heterosexual privilege."

Oh wait, haha, that's what some gays and lesbians say.

3. Phantosmiac

Her: *Silence*
    Me: Awkward moment...
    Her: Yeah, yeah very very awkward.

Mom: Well at least I don't have to worry about you getting anyone pregnant.

4. Gen

Gen

Thats just cold :/

"Butt sex is disgusting. How is shit attractive."

B*tch >_>. First of all, how is it that every time homosexual relations are brought up it is either that we all take it or we all give it. We cant all do the same thing. Many people dont even enjoy either. It's funny because wanting anal sex is very popular with men in heterosexual relationships. However, logically speaking a gay mans behind would be cleaner than their girlfriends because they are more prepared for the occasion.

Just because you dont wipe your ass doesnt mean no one else in the world does!

5. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    My friend said that when I asked him if he was okay with my sexuality.

Basically, he didn't have the guts to tell me he was a homophobe. He's also written me off entirely since them. He's a religious person, so I should've known better.

It also was a critical blow to my confidence, getting disowned like that. Now I am unwilling to disclose my sexuality unless it's someone I really know well.

6. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    "I am dating this bisexual guy, and I'm afraid that he'll leave me for a girl. What are your experiences dating bisexuals? Would you date a bisexual?"

Oh wait, that's still what people say right here.

Aww, that hurts. I wish you better luck in the future. (*hug*)

#26 Pret Allez, Sep 10, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2012
  7. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm used to getting marginalized all the time, so it's no big deal. People either hate me for being LGBTQ. Some LGBTQ people hate me for being a vegan; others hate me for being a leftist. Being a part of a very minut minority does suck. Lustful men hit on me for being attractive.

One good thing to come out of all this is that I've gotten tough from it - I've learned to forgive thanks to all the hardships people have put me through. I really don't get flustered over little things, but having to put up with constant things like this has lowered my threshold recently. This has gotten worse as a result of men hitting on me. Of all the problems and prejudices I face, the misogyny is the worst.

I'm okay though.

8. Besides everything Pret Allez has said so far, one question I absolutely hate is "Why don't you just stay a girl if you want to be with guys?" I have a strong preference for men, and not only have heterosexuals asked this, but other queer people. Please learn the difference between gender identity and sexual orientation. :bang:

9. Tetraquark

Tetraquark Guest

My step-mom, upon seeing Netflix had a section for LBGT films:

"Why do they have their own movies if they're trying to show that they're just like everyone else?"

I am out to her, by the way.

Also, when I tried to tell my dad that I was looking into asexuality:

"Maybe you should talk to a therapist about that."

10. Chimera

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    (During my teenage years) "Asexual? So like, you reproduce by yourself?"

"Are you sure you weren't molested?"

(From a guy) "There's no such thing as an asexual women. They just haven't slept with me yet."

(Talking about gender) "If you were born a women, you are a women. What is so hard to understand about that!?"

"I don't think there's anything wrong with homosexuality, it's just unnatural."

(From mom about her lesbian sister. She doesn't know about me.) "I love my sister dearly, but I don't like her lifestyle. God says it's wrong."

(From my friend when she went to a gay club with me for the first time) "It's been fun, but I'm going to Trinity to go hang out with real men now. WAIT, I MEAN Hetero-Sexual-Men!!"

And on a lighter note...

Her: "So do you go to gay bars to make gay guy friends?"
    Me: "Um, I don't really notice the men." *blushes*

Straight friend: "Do you find me attractive?"
    Me: "This is a lose-lose situation, isn't it?"

11. Ozma

Ozma Guest

(When I came out) Friend:"as long as you don't make a pass at me!"

12. Vanille

"I've always wanted a gay best friend!"

"Lesbians can't really f#*k because they don't have a penis." O rly?? You must be an expert since you seem to know so much about it. :dry:

"Bisexuals need to make up their mind." Sadly I've heard this said by two of my friends a long time ago. If I was the person I am today I would've laid it out for them. They would've never made that statement again..

13. LionheartX29

All the way back in 7th grade I'd sit near a few morons in science class, including one girl who told her friend this:
    "Oh, I love gay people! Ahahahahahahaahhaa! :slight_smile: "

One week later:
    "Ew, I'd rather die old and crusty than become a lesbian. It's just gross."
    Her friends agreed, and shy little me decided to finally speak up and tell her she was wrong.
    It didn't really work...

14. GingerGuy

From a girl I met on the Internet and believed was a really cool person for a while (she did not know I was gay):

"If you are gay, I don't care, as long as you don't come close to me" (I was really hurt by that)

15. AyaLou

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    My mom "I went through a phase, It'll probably pass" (ish)
    My sister "I hate homosexuals. It's wrong and Aya, frankly, I feel sick." (ish)
    My grandad "I think all gays should be put in a mental hospital. There's something wrong."
    My best friend "You don't fancy me do you?! (NO!) Oh, that's all right then. As long as you don't go out with *insert name here*" and she said "I think you're bi"

URGH PEOPLE PLEASE

16. th3wallflow3r

(a girl on a bus while I was coming out to a friend)
    "OMG! you can't catch it can you?"

they genuinely thought it was a disease..

17. Gen

Gen

All of you guys who ignore it when they say "as long as you arent into me", are way better people than I am. If it were me, some feelings would definitely get hurt :/.

"I still love you, I just wish you werent."

This seems to be common around family member, however, I dont see how you can not see how insulting it is. Its not a "nice way to put it". This is no different than saying, "Oh I dont care that you eat junk food, I just wish you werent fat :slight_smile:". Who cares about how you honestly feel about it, that is not how you support someone. You cant just sneak your insults in behind endearment.

18. J Snow

I feel as though mine are all going to be depressing rather than humorous...

Mother: Don't you want to go check out the floor before you pick out a dorm room. I mean, what if there are... gay people on your floor!

Mother: The Matrix might be a good movie, but I'm not going to watch it because one of the creators had a sex change! What a freak!

Mother: This is worse than my dad dying

Mother: How can you do this to me? If there is even a chance you could ever be with a girl how can you do this?

Mother: What did I do to make you like this?

Uncle: America is going to collapse now that we are legalizing gay marriage. You know that's what caused the Roman Empire to collapse. It happened right after they legalized gay marriage.

It should be worth noting that I'm still not out as trans to any family. Those are all reactions to be gay.

19. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    And of course, the American Empire, like the Roman Empire, must live on?

20. Gekko

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Once, one friend told me: "I think he's gay" and pointed at a guy. I asked "How do you know?", he responded "I am an expert in recognizing gay people" I said "Oh, really??!!:eusa_shif"
    I am not out to him